Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Red Hand of Doom Discusion thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2006 :  00:38:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

If you've got access to the Planar Handbook, a greater gate compass set to go somewhere already is a great idea and one that works well without the players feeling railroaded.

I do have the Planar Handbook. I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2006 :  02:25:42  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

Ah the location is unfortunate for me. I plan to run Sons of Gruumsh in my next campaign and was hoping to transition from that to Red Hand of Doom but it may be tough to find a reason for the low-mid level adventurers to travel to the opposite end of Faerun.

I guess I'll have to find a new module or try to adapt this one. Athough I find my free-time that could be used adapting modules runs thinner and thinner by the day.

Ive been thinking of ways of adapting Red hand of Doom to the Northern Moonsea region and tying it with Sons of Gruumsh

Without having read the RHoD yet Im considering th following

The Dragons camped out on the ruins of Witch Kings castle have bred with the Goblinoids of Vaasa and created a large number of Half Dragon/Dragonic humanoids. One of the Half Dragons (Azaar Kul) is a Cleric of Tiamat and Tiamat has commanded him to raise an army of Dragonkind and march on Damara (Tiamat has an Axe to grind with Damara as its ruler killed one of her avatars when he destroyed the wand of Orcus)Azaar has been busy raising his army of Draonkind for several years and it has reached a size where they dont have enough resources to feed it so the Army of Tiamat has begun taking over more of Vaasa driving its inhabitants south into the Moonsea region (Including the Orcs from Sons of Gruumsh)

The towns and cities in RHoD could be in Damara

This could be the Fortress at the Vaasa end of Bloodstone pass

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95669.jpg

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2006 :  04:03:28  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Ive been thinking of ways of adapting Red hand of Doom to the Northern Moonsea region and tying it with Sons of Gruumsh

Without having read the RHoD yet Im considering th following

The Dragons camped out on the ruins of Witch Kings castle have bred with the Goblinoids of Vaasa and created a large number of Half Dragon/Dragonic humanoids. One of the Half Dragons (Azaar Kul) is a Cleric of Tiamat and Tiamat has commanded him to raise an army of Dragonkind and march on Damara (Tiamat has an Axe to grind with Damara as its ruler killed one of her avatars when he destroyed the wand of Orcus)Azaar has been busy raising his army of Draonkind for several years and it has reached a size where they dont have enough resources to feed it so the Army of Tiamat has begun taking over more of Vaasa driving its inhabitants south into the Moonsea region (Including the Orcs from Sons of Gruumsh)

The towns and cities in RHoD could be in Damara

This could be the Fortress at the Vaasa end of Bloodstone pass

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95669.jpg

I'm definitely intrigued by this. I'm going to have to pick up Red Hand of Doom tomorrow and see if there is anything in there that really doesn't mesh well with the Moonsea.

EDIT due to quote formatting error

Edited by - Chosen of Bane on 17 Feb 2006 13:08:52
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2006 :  12:53:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know Im really begining to wonder what sort of village idiot theyve got doing Web Enhancements at WOTC

Heres the RhoD Web Enhancement

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060217a

Guesss whats in it...... The stats for every creature in the module!

Unbelievable

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2006 :  12:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know Im really begining to wonder what sort of village idiot theyve got doing Web Enhancements at WOTC

Unbelievable

Actually, this is apparently referenced in the module, and those running it have been specifically requesting it. Clicky.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2006 :  17:10:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Unbelievable

And where's our second WE for City of Splendors: Waterdeep?

I checked out that WE when I got to work, and I was disappointed to see that that's all it was. But if people were asking for it, and it was referenced within the module, then I'll not complain.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2006 :  02:06:27  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Unbelievable

Actually, this is apparently referenced in the module, and those running it have been specifically requesting it. Clicky.

yeah but it is a bit of a cop-out on a Web Enhancement though.

And I agree with Wooly, where is our 2nd Waterdeep WE.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2006 :  04:33:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

yeah but it is a bit of a cop-out on a Web Enhancement though.

I don't know... As I said, if the supplement calls for it, and it's something people want, then I can't see too much reason to complain. Now, if the supplement called for it, people wanted it, and then it didn't happen? Yeah, that's something to complain about.

I'll admit, I prefer a more full-featured web enhancement, myself. But given the information in this thread, I don't think we can really knock this WE. Besides, nothing says there won't be a later one that has more material in it...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2006 :  09:30:59  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I don't know... As I said, if the supplement calls for it, and it's something people want, then I can't see too much reason to complain. Now, if the supplement called for it, people wanted it, and then it didn't happen? Yeah, that's something to complain about.

I'll admit, I prefer a more full-featured web enhancement, myself. But given the information in this thread, I don't think we can really knock this WE. Besides, nothing says there won't be a later one that has more material in it...

True, but the one product we been told that will have a 2nd WE, we have been waiting forever on, and still nada though.

But yeah, definately a good aid for running the adventure.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  18:52:00  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gotten around to Realms-ifying this module? Would you please, pretty please, kindly share your notes? ;)

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  23:14:52  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eremite

Has anyone gotten around to Realms-ifying this module? Would you please, pretty please, kindly share your notes? ;)

Yep I did

My conversions posted here

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6530

Sadly I didnt get much feedback from my fellow Candlekeep scribes

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  14:51:52  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'll try and post my feedback ASAP.... ;)

Best
E
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000