Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Disbanding of the Knights of Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  09:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My fellow scribe Kitira Gildragon asked me a question not too long ago to which I misinformed her ... She believed that the Knights of Myth Drannor had gone their seperate ways but I thought they were still together. She then informed me that she recalls possibly reading something stating that they had split as part of 3rd edition FR (thats not the actual reason they give of course ).

I dont have my tomes to hand at the moment, could anyone clarify this and give any information on the source of the information and what has become of each member of the Knights.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  14:23:29  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember reading they had split, but i can make a mistake...
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  16:34:24  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::blushes bright red::

Rad, if you wanted me to check, you could have asked me before posting. ::glares daggers:: It seems that I'm going to have to dig my books out over the weekend to prove my brain hasn't been completely fried...*sigh*

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  17:24:40  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure it was in a third edition book?
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2003 :  14:00:26  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Page 40 in A Grand Tour of the Realms (2e book, I think), the last paragraph before "Semberholme" states:

quote:
Myth Drannor represents a great and dangerous opportunity for adventuring parties in the Moonsea area- a large ruin that is only now being plundered. Such travelers are warned that in additon to creatures of the lower planes, the area holds forces and expeditons from various nations and adventuring groups who have set up their own areas of influence withing the ruins and may take unkindly to intrusions. For a brief time, the Knights of Myth Drannor held the others in check, but that group has retired and the way is open to other explorers and invaders.

Perhaps I misinterpreted this?

-Space for rent-

Edited by - Kitira Gildragon on 24 Feb 2003 14:01:34
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2003 :  15:12:12  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are probably right in the fact that they have retired. The Shandril Saga takes place just prior to the TOT. In there not all of the Knights belong to the 'younger' generation.

Current year is 15 years from the Shandril story. Given the life expectancy of adventurers they probably have either retired or met some more untimely end (not unkown, at the start of the trilogy there are already three knights in the crypt in Shadowdale)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  02:06:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No doubt the upcoming "Knights of Myth Drannor" novel trilogy by Ed will clear up the confusion. I would describe them as "inactive" rather than "disbanded". If there was another invasion of Shadowdale, I would bet that they'd be there in all their glory.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  19:52:55  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Lord Rad,

It is my distinct pleasure to acknowledge that Mr. Greenwood's Knights continue their journeys, at least as of July 15th, 2018! Cited by his post on Twitter.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

My fellow scribe Kitira Gildragon asked me a question not too long ago to which I misinformed her ... She believed that the Knights of Myth Drannor had gone their seperate ways but I thought they were still together. She then informed me that she recalls possibly reading something stating that they had split as part of 3rd edition FR (thats not the actual reason they give of course ).

I dont have my tomes to hand at the moment, could anyone clarify this and give any information on the source of the information and what has become of each member of the Knights.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000