Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ideas for magic arrows
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  18:10:26  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've neglected my ranger a bit I think. He hasn't been getting very many cool magical arrows from me lately and I think it's high time I changed that. Any ideas for some useful/cool/deadly magical arrow properties?

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  18:29:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
arrows of fireball *wink* Was in a discussion about them at SKR's board. Some think a very powerful, underpriced inovaction. Espcially for higher level characters that can shoot more then one arrow per round. Though not sure if a ranger would want to risk burning nature, so might be of limited use.

I would offer also the idea of arrows that carry the ranger list of spells that can be reasonable converted. Arrows that cure for exaple would be blunt and not deal damage, instead provide some number of hot points of healing. The effect could be applied to some of the other spells as well.

For damage arrows the ranger clearly will need another class of spell caster to make them.

You might consider Keen arrows to increase range of fire, though a Keen bow would be better and arrows be normal or have other enhancements.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic mouth arrows to distract or insult your foes. OR perhaps break morale?
“I’m poisoned.”
“I’m going to eat your soul!”
“Mortal Flesh is Good!”
“Come my brother arrows! Join me in our new home!”

Activation required arrows, so only 1 per round:
True shot.
Shocking grasp.
Entangle
Silence

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!

Edited by - Fletcher on 03 Jan 2006 19:33:22
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:41:55  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

Interesting arguement, where is activation limit of one per round exist?

"Unless stated otherwise, activating a use-activated magic item is either a standard action or not an action at all"

I argue that firing magic arrows (as opposed to using non magical arrows) as ammo is not an action at all.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."

Edited by - Kentinal on 03 Jan 2006 19:59:49
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:45:55  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here's a couple crazy powerful arrows that have been rattling around in my head (there's room up there for lot's of rattling):

An arrow made of solid gold in the stretched out shape of a dragon that when fired the arrow changes in mid flight to a young gold dragon that will attack the creature you fired upon for 1d4+2 rounds. Minor artifact, can only be used once that costs gold and XP to recharge?

Arrows of Foebane - Arrow that when the command word and a favored enemy is spoken as a free action gives the ranger a +5 to hit and an extra 2d6 damage. 26000+ gold ea.

Too crazy powerful? Am I out of my mind?
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:52:54  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made a list a while back of suggested arrows for my rogue to use, can't find it now but they were more suited towards a rogues skills. Anyway here are a few I remember

Hold Person enchanted
Attached Tanglefoot bag
Silence Arrow (for sneaking as well as silencing casters)
Attached Thunderstone
Water Arrows (for dousing torches), attached to a pouch of water or enchanted with create water
Ghost Sound enchanted arrows (for creating a distraction)
Poison Arrow (either applied poison or enchanted with poison spell)
Obscuring Mist enchanted arrows
Sleep Arrows

I'm sure you can think of any spell that would be useful on a hit with an arrow, I'd prefer ones that have an area effect, so the (probably expensive) arrow isn't wasted if you miss your target.

One interesting idea I had (I think it was vaguely inspired by one of the baldurs gate series items) was Healing Arrows. Enchanted with a Cure X wounds spell, the arrow has a flat blunted tip so as only to cause minor subdual damage, and on a strike it hits and casts the spell.
Perhaps not immediately easy to use with the rules (do you apply your allies dex bonus since he 'wants' to get hit? etc.) but an even better use would be against undead (since they take dmg from positive energy).

In fact that last point leads on to the simplest arrows I forgot about. Ordinary arrows (non magical) but created in a way to do slashing or bludgeoning damage.
Other modifications can include broadheads (for extra bleeding), serrated tips (extra damage on removal), smaller triangular heads (chainmail piercing) and so on......
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  01:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...as a ranger that might not always want to kill (wounded enraged animals e.g.), arrows that have a blunt front instead of a tip might be a useful variation aswell...knockout arrows, so to speak. For the magical variant, those might be arrows imbued ith a sleep or a hold animal spell.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  13:30:54  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're looking for the best arrows to prevent pursuit and/or Warner Bros. cartoon moments, load "wall" spells into your arrows. Drop one in front of that wolf pack to see them splat and lose at least a round or two in pursuit. Prevent people from storming the battlements by shooting an arrow against a crenelation and have the wall fall to take out lots of attackers. Etc. Etc.

Then again, I'm a big proponent of the arcane archer; too bad they've made the spell limitations for loading into arrows so inane that only three or four spells are useful. Honestly--if the only types of spells you can load onto an arrow ALREADY HAVE A BETTER CASTING RANGE than you can fire an arrow, what's the bleedin' point? Sigh....Yup. My arcane archer's only useful spells for arrow-loading are explosive cascade and grease (though the latter is still one of D&D best spells ever...).

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  14:46:04  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could also bring about simple message arrows - arrows that will seek out someone ala messenger pigeons anywhere in Faerun.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  16:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Then again, I'm a big proponent of the arcane archer; too bad they've made the spell limitations for loading into arrows so inane that only three or four spells are useful. Honestly--if the only types of spells you can load onto an arrow ALREADY HAVE A BETTER CASTING RANGE than you can fire an arrow, what's the bleedin' point?

Where are those spell limitations stated?

Also you can still fire an arrow at those distances but your accuracy takes a hit, really not a big deal with area effect spells I would think.

If I can figure out how to get Wall of Stone in an arrow I know my ranger would go nuts (meaning he'd wall himself in so tight we'd never get him out) so maybe just one or two.

Grease, tanglefoot bag, thunderstone and true strike arrows etc. are awesome ideas.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  17:12:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery_Man

quote:

Then again, I'm a big proponent of the arcane archer; too bad they've made the spell limitations for loading into arrows so inane that only three or four spells are useful. Honestly--if the only types of spells you can load onto an arrow ALREADY HAVE A BETTER CASTING RANGE than you can fire an arrow, what's the bleedin' point?

Where are those spell limitations stated?

I'm curious about that, too... It's certainly not in the SRD:
quote:
Imbue Arrow (Sp): At 2nd level, an arcane archer gains the ability to place an area spell upon an arrow. When the arrow is fired, the spell’s area is centered on where the arrow lands, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. This ability allows the archer to use the bow’s range rather than the spell’s range. It takes a standard action to cast the spell and fire the arrow. The arrow must be fired in the round the spell is cast, or the spell is wasted.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  18:03:00  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

Interesting arguement, where is activation limit of one per round exist?

"Unless stated otherwise, activating a use-activated magic item is either a standard action or not an action at all"

I argue that firing magic arrows (as opposed to using non magical arrows) as ammo is not an action at all.

Actually the 1 round command activation requirement, is the penalty I put on the arrows when creating them to keep them from becoming too game breaking.
Can you imagine someon firing off 4 or 5 true strike arrows per round? Or the area he can entangle? Or the damage from all of those shocking grasps? Eek.

It is more to keep the items as cool gimmicks than mad-power weapons.
I prefer to see my character have the one arrow that he uses when he can't afford to miss.

Or send out the shocking grasp spell on his arrow to make the opponent feel the agony, and then have all of the rest of the arrows illusioned to have the same effect. Go ahead disbelieve. the first one was real enough.

See gimmicks. Or helpers, rather than crutches. Even suped-up-high-magic-all-powerful-crutches are still crutches.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!

Edited by - Fletcher on 04 Jan 2006 18:04:03
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  18:08:54  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Desperately trying to avoid making a Green Arrow comment . . . ) I wonder if you could cast Bigby's Boxing Glove on an arrow? (I failed my Will save)
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  18:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehehe
A ranger called Olliver with a wife monk/rogue called Dinah?

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  14:32:03  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm using the old 3E limits or something but I thought the spells that could be imbued into arrows had to be a particular classification/type (and can't remember right now) and the list of this is rather slim.....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  16:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe I'm using the old 3E limits or something but I thought the spells that could be imbued into arrows had to be a particular classification/type (and can't remember right now) and the list of this is rather slim.....

Actually, you're generally right-Imbue Arrow is limited to only area spells, the majority of which (at least the arcane ones) have Long ranges, which are better than a bow. (For clarification: Area spells have an area line in their writeup, instead of a target line[generally]. Compare fireball and magic missile.)

However, the large amount of concepts expressed in this thread don't seem to be using that ability, but instead weapon enhancements or other ideas(alchemical capsules, anyone?)...
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  17:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
Actually, you're generally right-Imbue Arrow is limited to only area spells, the majority of which (at least the arcane ones) have Long ranges, which are better than a bow. (For clarification: Area spells have an area line in their writeup, instead of a target line[generally]. Compare fireball and magic missile.)

Yes, I'm more interested in arrows created as magic items rather than imubued as from the arcane archer.

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
However, the large amount of concepts expressed in this thread don't seem to be using that ability, but instead weapon enhancements or other ideas(alchemical capsules, anyone?)...

Ooooo!
Go to Top of Page

Rolindin
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  04:35:30  Show Profile  Visit Rolindin's Homepage Send Rolindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A arrow that caught my attention was a phase arrow, some one asked me about them. I've never heard of them some looked themup to find out what they were.
it's seems that a phase arrow is a arrow or arrows that have teleportation spell used on them and then the shoter uses them to hit the target by causing the arrow to appear in frount of the target and try to hit target. dex would come into play there, and other skills and feats such as arrow snach.

phase arrows has any other one heard of them?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  06:31:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
phasing has been around for sometime now, phase spiders, here, not here, blink being some that come to mind. The only problem I have with phase arrows is controling when they bypass things and when they do not, but indeed I have hread of them.

Go to Top of Page

Rolindin
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  22:26:58  Show Profile  Visit Rolindin's Homepage Send Rolindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you heard of range arrows.
they are made out of wood metal and when shot they teleport back to the archer.
the arrow heads have the sharpness spell used on them, the arrow can hit a target up to 990 feet away. the arrows have a hardness and hit point damage for trying to break them.
the arrows have the archers skills, feats of far shot and accuaracy put into them.
used by specality groups to kill emeny leaders in battle.
there is also the anti magic arrows, made from the shadow pane. the arrows by pass wizards magic shields and takes spells from thier memorie. the arrows also can be made with other spells, so the target has to make saving throws, (depending on what is used on the arrow). wizards, cleric's using the weave of mystra have to watch out for theses arrrows.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  23:52:54  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

You could also bring about simple message arrows - arrows that will seek out someone ala messenger pigeons anywhere in Faerun.

C-Fb

Sounds like both a great idea and a recipe for disaster. Imagine making a hundred of them and addressing them all to Elminster...

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  00:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even better, for the agnostics address one to 'God' and see which one it finds. If you get a message back from Selune saying 'stop sending me your crap!' then you've found a patron deity
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  21:58:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take a lesson from cupid. Arrows of attraction

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  13:37:05  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best arrows? +5 arrows...

Why? combine these with a +1 distance flaming holy composite longbow [adjusted to your STR], and you go something pretty good going on! (1d8 +3d6 vs evil creatures, +6 dmg, +STR bonus on each arrow)
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  13:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Why? combine these with a +1 distance flaming holy composite longbow [adjusted to your STR], and you go something pretty good going on! (1d8 +3d6 vs evil creatures, +6 dmg, +STR bonus on each arrow)

Except a magic bow and a magic arrow don't stack.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  16:32:45  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Ranged Weapons and Ammunition

The enhancement bonus from a ranged weapon does not stack with the enhancement bonus from ammunition. Only the higher of the two enhancement bonuses applies. Now if it is allos a Strenght bow that can be used effectively indeed Str bonus can be added to Damage making it +5, +Str bonus in damage.

"Longbow

You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. A longbow is too unwieldy to use while you are mounted. If you have a penalty for low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use a longbow. If you have a bonus for high Strength, you can apply it to damage rolls when you use a composite longbow (see below) but not a regular longbow.
Longbow, Composite

You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. You can use a composite longbow while mounted. All composite bows are made with a particular strength rating (that is, each requires a minimum Strength modifier to use with proficiency). If your Strength bonus is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can’t effectively use it, so you take a -2 penalty on attacks with it. The default composite longbow requires a Strength modifier of +0 or higher to use with proficiency. A composite longbow can be made with a high strength rating to take advantage of an above-average Strength score; this feature allows you to add your Strength bonus to damage, up to the maximum bonus indicated for the bow. Each point of Strength bonus granted by the bow adds 100 gp to its cost. "

Ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an enhancement bonus of +1 or higher is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Similarly, ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an alignment gains the alignment of that projectile weapon (in addition to any alignment it may already have). "

So the arrow would still only hit at +5

Go to Top of Page

Deverien Valandil
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  17:01:35  Show Profile Send Deverien Valandil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something I thought up just now: Trick arrows!

A ranger shoot a single trick arrow, which suddenly splits into a whole big swarm of (illusory) arrows that all converge on their target at the same time. Only the real arrow actually does any damage, but it still has its uses.

The target may think the ranger is using the Many-Shot feat and try to flee or dodge, disrupting their turn. The trick arrows could also be used against someone with the Deflect Arrows feat, providing a better chance of hitting them since they'll be desperately swatting at all the fake arrows.
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  20:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you enchant an arrow with a cloudkill spell or a fireball or something of the sort? So that when it makes impact it will trigger the spell? Or maybe it is triggered by a word or something?
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  20:45:26  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deverien Valandil

A ranger shoot a single trick arrow, which suddenly splits into a whole big swarm of (illusory) arrows that all converge on their target at the same time.

Well, hows about a arrow imbued with a magic missle spell ... which will behave in all ways like the spell once it is loosed?

Not all that fancy, but very effective.

This is a variation on a magical bow I once made, inspired by the old DnD cartoon, that fired magic missles. For all intents and purposes it was a glorified wand of magic missles.

I'd imagine teleportation arrows have already been mentioned; though these would probably have to be tailored to the destination before hand.

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  20:54:34  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

Could you enchant an arrow with a cloudkill spell or a fireball or something of the sort? So that when it makes impact it will trigger the spell? Or maybe it is triggered by a word or something?

The rules appear to allow for either use-activated of command word for area effect spells to be added to arrows. It is debatable if a fireball arrow is unbalancing. I see no problem with enchanting an arrow to brust into flame when broken, though just that restriction could be dealy if quiver is broken on a charaters back (*the 10 fireball arrows activate when the orc's axe cuts into your quiver. Both the attacker and you suffer 50d8 points of damage, save for half*).

Command word offers the problem of seeing where the arrow lands and the arrow can hear the commabd word.

The best way to deal with area effect spells on arrows, IMO, is to require that they do fly some distance then hits something as the best way to use such arrow effect spells. Even this though leaves a problem of missed shots. Arrows hitting stone walls or a tree as a missed shot of traget aimed at of course would explode, but a missed arrow can slide along the ground and not be damaged at all (which leads to the problem of either others picking up a fireball arrow and using it without knowing its special ability and oposed to rule that even time a magic arrow is used its magic is expended).

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  02:06:15  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

"Ranged Weapons and Ammunition

The enhancement bonus from a ranged weapon does not stack with the enhancement bonus from ammunition. Only the higher of the two enhancement bonuses applies. Now if it is allos a Strenght bow that can be used effectively indeed Str bonus can be added to Damage making it +5, +Str bonus in damage.

"Longbow

You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. A longbow is too unwieldy to use while you are mounted. If you have a penalty for low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use a longbow. If you have a bonus for high Strength, you can apply it to damage rolls when you use a composite longbow (see below) but not a regular longbow.
Longbow, Composite

You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. You can use a composite longbow while mounted. All composite bows are made with a particular strength rating (that is, each requires a minimum Strength modifier to use with proficiency). If your Strength bonus is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can’t effectively use it, so you take a -2 penalty on attacks with it. The default composite longbow requires a Strength modifier of +0 or higher to use with proficiency. A composite longbow can be made with a high strength rating to take advantage of an above-average Strength score; this feature allows you to add your Strength bonus to damage, up to the maximum bonus indicated for the bow. Each point of Strength bonus granted by the bow adds 100 gp to its cost. "

Ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an enhancement bonus of +1 or higher is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Similarly, ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an alignment gains the alignment of that projectile weapon (in addition to any alignment it may already have). "

So the arrow would still only hit at +5

Sorry, my bad: I was assuming that the bowman would have the Point Blank Shot feat, bringing the damage from +5 to +6... but that only works within 30ft. I am aware of the 3.5 rules on this (best of arrow or bow, not both), but thanks for pointing this out anyway!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000