Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dragon Magazine: 2006 and the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2006 :  23:05:58  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

Quoting Erik Mona directly from the Paizo Boards:

"We're working on an absolutely giant FR project, but a lot of things still need to happen before it becomes a reality. All I can really say is we're working on Something Cool.

Plus lots of little stuff like regional updates and of course new cities from Ed Greenwood. The next draft is already in, and I hope to include it in the oversized 30th Anniversary issue (#344)."

The Thread is there:

http://paizo.com/dragon/messageboards/generalDiscussion/dragonSneakPreviewFor2006

Anybody knows what the "giant project" would be? Maybe something like the Dragon Compendium, but just FR articles? That would be something, now, wouldn't it?

Do we know what Ed's next contribution was supposed to be? Is he the author of the Impiltur article? If yes, we now have a potential release date. I know someone who will be happy.

Bocklin

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2006 :  23:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting.. Eriks been hinting at something like this for a while

2006 is the realms 20th Birthday as a published setting...........

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  01:15:05  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He mentioned something about saving some articles for the double sized issue coming up later this year . . .
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  06:25:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to see that Impiltur article in print. And I recall posting on the Paizo Boards months ago re an FR Dragon article compendium - there wasn't a single response to the thread (even though I thought it was a heck of an idea!!). That might be what the 'secret project' is all about, but who knows. Ed is being very tight-lipped at the moment.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  11:23:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's something I'd buy in a heartbeat! I'd buy it in pdf form, too, if it was offered that way.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  14:27:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

That's something I'd buy in a heartbeat! I'd buy it in pdf form, too, if it was offered that way.

Ditto.

In fact, I'd probably buy two print copies and the PDF. One for reading at home, one for reading at work, and the other could be for my collection .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  15:13:56  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We should probably let Erik Mona know that he has already made 9 sells out of 6 persons. That's a good ratio! Maybe it will convince them to go ahead. ;-)

Bocklin
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  17:26:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Ditto.

In fact, I'd probably buy two print copies and the PDF. One for reading at home, one for reading at work, and the other could be for my collection .

If reading at work was an option, I'd likely do the same thing.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  00:37:36  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Brain is numb here - not sure of the timing but ....

Wasn't Paizo publishing Dungeon & Poly - or was that before the switch to Paizo? I know Paizo emailed a newsletter a couple months ago about finding a bunch of back Poly's that they were then selling.

My point basically is - this would Truly be a 'Giant FR project' if said book included the Poly information. I don't have all of them - and while I have a lot of them - I'm willing to bet that there is some missing information from my collection that I would like to get my hands on!

And while reading a PDF at work is not possible - I could see getting either a couple of harcopy editions - or possibly 1 hardcopy and 1 PDF. Of course - I really need to get a new computer to make that a really viable option....

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!

Edited by - Dhomal on 04 Jan 2006 00:38:49
Go to Top of Page

qstor
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  20:48:21  Show Profile Send qstor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Wasn't Paizo publishing Dungeon & Poly - or was that before the switch to Paizo? I know Paizo emailed a newsletter a couple months ago about finding a bunch of back Poly's that they were then selling.

Dhomal

yeah they were but Polyhedron's not been published for a while now.

Mike

"There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar

http://www.twitter.com/qstor2
Go to Top of Page

Volo
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2006 :  10:44:05  Show Profile  Visit Volo's Homepage Send Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, there's a (not-so) veiled hint at an upcoming Realms Dragon Compendium in the Dragon Compendium itself. It's right there in the introduction.

Volo's misunderstood. He's not an idiot. He's a FLAMING idiot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000