Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  22:03:29  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message
Here's mine.

Are the three major families of Melvaunt significantly invested in Melvauntan real-estate? If so, what percentage is owned by them?

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  00:05:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwill

Thanks for the info. Seems that the info given makes bananas local food for very southern regions. I'm curious how far north this gets exported too though.
Well, based on the examples we have...

Monkey spiders tend to feature most prominently in cities across the southern reaches of Faerun. So the export and growth of bananas occupies a large portion of the various economies in southern Faerun.

Caddelyn was said to occupy a tower from a mountain north of the Great Glacier. He may have purchased bananas during his travels, perhaps through the south, or obtained them from markets further north and closer to the Great Glacier itself (like Impiltur for example -- being a major trading country on the Sea of Fallen Stars means Impiltur probably receives its fair share of "exotic fruits" from the south). At most, I'd say most markets in many of the trading posts in and around the Inner Sea have samplings of bananas taken from southern exporting concerns, like Luiren for example.

Shining South doesn't specify where Luiren exports its shipments of bananas to, other than a few other locations in the south.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  01:59:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Great idea, Blueblade.
Ed and I both heartily approve.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:12:23  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes. Ed just send me a Realmslore reply, so . . .
Hearken this time to Ed’s words about Jamallo Kreen’s queries: “Well met, Master of the Green Wood!
I have some question about Divine Salient Abilities and how they relate to some of the Faerunian deities, and another, more general question about the Torilian divinities. ("Not another question about the gods!?" Yes, another question about the gods....) I'm addressing this to your busy self because it is the Powers of Faerun about which I want specific answers -- other crystal spheres, other rules -- it's Realmspace's gods upon whom I want the skinny.
There are three specific Divine Salient Abilities whose workings amongst the gods and goddess of Realmspace particularly interests me: Divine Recall (which Oghma and Tyr both have) and Know Secrets and Know Death (both of which Shar has, and the latter of which Kelemvor -- and probably Jergal) have.
Does a deity's Divine Recall permit the deity to "remember" portfolio-specific events which occurred before the arrival or ascension of the deity? For example, does Tyr "remember" the enactment of laws made prior to his arrival on Faerun in -247 DR?
Can a Faerunian Power use the Know Secrets ability upon another Faerunian Power? For example, can Shar look at Mask and instantly know his latest scheme, or eyeball Kelemvor and learn Mystra's Truename?
Can a Faerunian Power use the Know Death ability upon another Faerunian Power? For example, would Shar have known which deities were going to get their eggs scrambled in the Time of Troubles (or who was going to get it before or after the ToT if the ability wasn't functioning then)?
If Faerunian Powers can use Know Secrets and Know Death upon one another, are they bound by Ao (or grudging courtesies) not to reveal what their abilities reveal to them?
More generally, do the human-like Powers of Realmspace dream? There is a supposition in Planescape that even dead deities from other crystal spheres and different planes can dream (if nothing else!), but do the non-Elven humanoid Powers of Realmspace dream at all? (If dead Torilian gods sleep lightly, one can imagine that Auppenser is probably sleeping lightest of all, but quien sabe?)”
Ed replies:

No, a deity's Divine Recall does not permit the deity to "remember" portfolio-specific events which occurred before the arrival or ascension of the deity. If deities can find mortals or other gods who did witness such events, they can compel (mortals) or cajole (deities) sharing of these memories, which are gained with the viewpoint (and ‘slant’) of the original rememberer.

No, a Faerûnian Power can’t successfully use the Know Secrets ability upon another Faerunian Power. They can try it, but it won’t work, and they will know that it’s failed. Greater Deities will “feel” attempts to learn their secrets in this way, and if the spy is sufficiently inferior in abilities (power ranking) to them, they may be able to successfully fool the spy by “leaking” false “secrets,” to manipulate the lesser deity.

No, a Faerûnian Power can’t successfully use the Know Death ability upon another Faerunian Power. Attempts to do so will sometimes (if a greater deity tries to use the ability on a deity of much less power) reveal glimpses of mortal deaths that have already occurred, and ‘mattered’ to the deity being spied upon for some reason - - but the deity being spied upon WILL be aware of the spying.

Yes, the human-like Powers of Realmspace DO dream, a topic about which future Realmslore from my pen will say more. For now: NDA, sorry.

So saith Ed. Who dreams about the Realms when awake and asleep, and luckily for us all, writes a lot of it down.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:12:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
THO,

Did my email go through from two days ago? Just asking because Alaundo is going to get impatient about that article. I know Ed's busy, which is fine. Just making sure the email got through.....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:15:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Yes Kuje, it did indeed, and I relayed it to Ed, who promised me a lore reply for you late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
The message The Sage mentioned sending, however, has not yet arrived.
Sigh. Greater frustration through technology.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:16:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Yes Kuje, it did indeed, and I relayed it to Ed, who promised me a lore reply for you late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
love,
THO

No problem. :)

Didn't want to pry but was making me nervous. I'll stop being a pest now. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:19:28  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
You're NEVER a pest, Kuje! Keep the queries coming, I know Ed loves them. Oh, yes, I almost forgot: Ed did also mention a reply on the way for darling Wooly . . .
Someday, I'm going to have to meet all of you in the flesh. So to speak!
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:28:46  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hmmm, do we have to take a number for that, THO? Or just all lie down in a line?
Ahem. Seriously, I'm glad my idea meets with your and Ed's approval. Accordingly, I'm going to toss two more such questions on the pile:

Did Vangerdahast marry or at least have offspring before the events of ELMINSTER'S DAUGHTER?
Did any of his predecessors as Royal Magician/Court Wizard have offspring we don't know about yet, in published Realmslore?

Heh-heh. I await Ed's replies with interest.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:34:24  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
THO! You ARE on the naughty list!
Meeting in the flesh hey? hmm... I 'am' in the nicely centrally located Burlington, and hold a weekly Realms campaign...

Edited by - Purple Dragon Knight on 21 Dec 2006 02:35:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  03:28:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO
Right. I was going to ask, but like Kuje, as I was a little afraid of becoming "The Sagey Pest."

At this point, I thought it may have been safer to just pass it along as a PM to you my lovely Lady Hooded One. As I recall, however, you've disabled that function. Do you have another suggestion?

The good thing about this delay however, is that I was able to receive some info back from two other designers who frequent Candlekeep. As such, I've been able to refine my follow-up points somewhat. I'm hoping Ed will have some fun with these tidbits!

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Dec 2006 03:31:39
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  03:32:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO
Oooh! That would be neat.

::The Sage makes a mental note... "Start visiting the local gym"::

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Dec 2006 03:33:16
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  03:41:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

love,
THO
Oooh! That would be neat.

::The Sage makes a mental note... "Start visiting the local gym"::

Aye, it would. The neat part, not the gym part. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  04:19:11  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Kuje and Wooly: Realmslore replies from Ed now in e-mail (from the HW account) to you.
To The Sage: you, too, are never in danger of becoming a pest. As for disabling the PM function: I can't do Instant Messaging over the Net for security reasons, but I wasn't aware that I'd ever disabled the PM function in these forums (I've received some PMs). How do I enable it?
Or (gasp) can you enable it for me, Sage? And (purr) message me?
To Lady K: deepest apologies. All in fun. I never play with one half of a couple, just with both.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  04:38:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

To The Sage: you, too, are never in danger of becoming a pest.
That's what I keep telling the Lady K!

She never listens.
quote:
As for disabling the PM function: I can't do Instant Messaging over the Net for security reasons, but I wasn't aware that I'd ever disabled the PM function in these forums (I've received some PMs). How do I enable it?
It's active now.
quote:
Or (gasp) can you enable it for me, Sage? And (purr) message me?
To Lady K: deepest apologies. All in fun. I never play with one half of a couple, just with both.
love,
THO
Your earlier mention about "meeting in the flesh" has suddenly become extraordinarily more intriguing, my lady.

And I'll send the revised message shortly.

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Dec 2006 04:40:20
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  04:50:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
I was going to say, if THO continued to not get Sage's emails, he could have sent it to one of us, we could have sent it on to THO, and sent on the answer to Sage.

Round robin email tag! FUN! :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  05:00:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Actually, that may be the better option.

The way this revised message is at the moment... a "detailed" series of PMs will likely have to change between mine and THO's and Ed's hands. That takes time... and I don't really relish the idea of clogging up the Lady Hooded One's PM inbox with what may amount to "mindless ramblings from a Sage who shouldn't be connecting the Realmslore in the ways he has"...

I'll decide when I get back from the library. I appreciate the offer Kuje, BTW.

Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  06:12:22  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
Dear Ed and Lady THO,

In a future Web article (or here on Candlekeep) can Ed show us a sample Cormyr adventuring charter? It would be interesting to see exactly how the crown frames its authority over adventurers.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  06:30:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

Dear Ed and Lady THO,

In a future Web article (or here on Candlekeep) can Ed show us a sample Cormyr adventuring charter? It would be interesting to see exactly how the crown frames its authority over adventurers.

Well.... there's a lot of info on that in the first Knight's novel. :)

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  17:20:17  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Happy holidays all,

Hello Mr. Greenwood

A nuetral cleric of Sarvas who chooses to channel negative energy to rebuke undead has what kind of cleric symbol? Does a clerics symbol channel both forms of energy when it comes to rebuke or turn undead or must he choose a holy or unholy symbol to use appropiate energy type?
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  17:34:14  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hi again,

Can you tell me if anything relevant happened during the shieldmeet of 1372 in the Western Heartlands or anywhere nearby?
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  17:36:28  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Dear Ed and Lady THO,

Well.... there's a lot of info on that in the first Knight's novel. :)

In trying to prepare one for a player, I did turn to Swords of Eveningstar. What was really interesting was the need for a sponsor, and in the Knight's case since Azoun himself was granting the charter, an honorary sponsor.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  17:58:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

You're NEVER a pest, Kuje! Keep the queries coming, I know Ed loves them. Oh, yes, I almost forgot: Ed did also mention a reply on the way for darling Wooly . . .
love,
THO

I got the email, my lady. Thanks to both you and Ed for the info!

If a similar topic comes up here, can I share that info?

About meeting us all in the flesh... I still have a request in with Santa to find you under my Christmas tree on Christmas morn. If not then, my birthday is just a couple weeks later...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  00:54:15  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes. Ed answers Foxhelm this time, re. this: “I have some hesitations on asking these question as they tend to be morose, but it is of importance to Realms fans.
If something was to happen to happen to Ed (God Forbid!), would would happen to the Forgotten Realms? Would alrights be reverted to Wizards or whomever owns it? Or would it go to Ed's heirs like certain works of fiction (like Tolkien)?
Has Ed been training an apprentice/s that might be able to help keep his spirit alive in the Realms for years to come? Does Ed ever think of what might become of one of his greatest literary creation after his passing? Does he see it as one of his legacies to future generations?
Sorry for bring the spectre of death or illness in, but it was a question that has been troubling my mind and likely some of the players of the realms in the dark of night.
Let's just hope that Ed lives to be over a hundred.”
Kentinal then posted: “Foxhelm, WotC owns FR now, no death would change or transfer ownership, unless the rights are sold to an individual. Ed has the right to provide canon that has not made print, as the creator of the Realms, however if current owner disagrees their printed material is canon not Ed's words.”
And Foxhelm responded: “Sorry, I wasn't sure how much control that Ed had. I am still curious about what Ed has done to prepare the Realms in case anything had happened to him.
It's just in many ways, Ed is a security blanket. Many people might not like aspects of the realms (the new planes, the number of gods), but many take comfort in the fact that Ed has some major input in the events as creator. He created the realms and has the ability to enhance it as well. Well, thanks for the partial answer.”
Ed replies:

If I fall over dead tomorrow (I’m not planning on doing so right now, but one never knows, does one?), the Realms remains in the hands of the current copyright owner, TSR, Inc. (now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., which is in turn owned by Hasbro, Inc.). Legally, the owner of the Realms is TSR, unless or until a year passes without print publication of a new, novel-length work (fiction or game lore) by me, except when I agree to such a publication not occurring within a year. If that “no publication” ever occurs, all rights to the Realms revert to me.
Trademarks complicate this, of course (though under Canadian law, they’d remain, and move with, the copyright), and in some jurisdictions that means the Realms revert to me a year after TSR sells it, regardless (unless they reach some agreement with a new owner that allows them to publish something new and novel-length by me), but in most jurisdictions they can sell it but the new owner is bound by the same agreement.
Please note that I’m not a lawyer, court judgements change details of law all the time, and I fervently hope that I never, never end up in any such dispute; I just want to go on writing about the Realms forever. :}
Certainly I think of the Realms as a legacy to others. Otherwise, it’d still be just my private fantasy world, and I’d never have entered into an agreement with TSR in the first place.
As for training successors, the Realms does that for me. As of right now, Eric Boyd could step in and do what I do in a second. So could Steven Schend. Jeff Grubb is probably a little rusty on current Realmslore, but could with work step in. George Krashos, Tom Costa, Ian Hunter, and perhaps Rich Baker could all “do what I do,” though they’d probably all bring their own styles of doing things to the task. Please note that I haven’t asked any of these esteemed gentlemen if they WANT to, before listing them here. It’s not a job so much as it is a life calling; it consumes my life, snatching every second I let it take. I already know THO wouldn’t want the job, or I’d have listed her here, too. It might well drive anyone nuts (I know it has me!).
So Kentinal’s answer is essentially correct. And by the way, I don’t mind discussing this in the slightest, though of course I’d prefer we discuss the Realms here instead of, say, having scribes chase after all of the people I’ve listed here and try to get commitments or statements from them. (It would be less than polite, irrelevant [I hope!] anyway, and some of them are almost certainly constrained by their current employment from freely giving answers in any case.)

So saith Ed. I can confirm that I certainly wouldn’t want to be “THE Lorelord of the Realms” (and of course only Ed can be the Creator), and I can also confirm that it has taken over his life. I’m not his wife and don’t live with him, but I’ve seen and heard enough to know that it does.
Poor long-suffering stand-in for Elminster. I must remember to soothe him, when next I see him, in my own special way . . .
love to all,
THO
P.S. Wooly, of COURSE you can share that info.
As for me under the tree, someday . . . who knows?
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  04:26:57  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Another lore query for Ed.
I'm trying to decide how "liberal" or tolerant Caladnei and the Obarskyrs are, as of "right now" in Cormyr.
If I put on a play in Suzail, or perform a ballad there, that viciously (but cleverly, and "spot on" accurately) lampoons/parodies Caladnei, or the Steel Regent, or Dowager Queen Filfaeril, or the dead Azoun IV, will I be arrested and punished? Put on trial for something (what?) and then punished? Exiled? Killed?
Thanks for any reply you can give.

Edited by - Malcolm on 23 Dec 2006 04:28:04
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  04:31:16  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Nice question, Malcolm! Off to Ed it goes . . .
And speaking of the Great Bearded One, Ed herewith makes answer to Sage of Stars, re, this query: “I have a question for Ed regarding Cormyr, and the next two Knights books. Specifically, how much lore is Ed planning to "sneak in" around the edges of the story?”
Ed replies:

As much as I can, so as to give readers the “feel” of some slice of life in Cormyr (scenes in taverns, alleys, a Watch lockup, an inn in Halfhap, glittering court events in the Palace and Royal Court, and so on). So you won’t see large chunks of “oh, here’s game lore I can take out and use,” but words and descriptions here and there that can be worked into a Cormyrean campaign, yes.
As always, the story is the important thing; no info dumps to break up the sweep and flow of the narrative. I’d love to stick little Realmslore articles in the back of my novels, as appendices, but that’s not likely to happen, because I just don’t have time to write them, and I don’t want to lose one word of story to put in a word of lore (I have plenty of other outlets for lore, including Wizards’ website support at the time of publication for the novels - - but fiction, not so much).

So saith Ed. We’ll have to wait and see just how much and how juicy the Realmslore gets, obviously.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Rolindin
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  08:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Rolindin's Homepage Send Rolindin a Private Message
I have a question for Mr Greenwood about Corymer and the type of system they use. Is corymer system something like the feudial system, or is it different in some ways. Say for instance can a commener raised in a small village, who is noticed by a Purple Knight or cleric of one of the churches, be given a chance to become something more than their up bringing. I have read that the higher class of socity are mostly the commanders and such. Only one person obtained a postion because of his abilities, not his class in the socity.

What was your ideal Mr Greenwood about the corymrrian socity, or was Corymer added to the forgotten Realms after it was atken over from you.

Just would like to know about the corymerian socity and can a lower level citizen get chances like the upper class of Corymer.
Just a rough view on how the socity might work and advancments a lower class npc or character could become. If you would please.

Would Corymer have any special drinks or food that would be a Corymerian specaility also. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rolindin

was Corymer added to the forgotten Realms after it was atken over from you.

Would Corymer have any special drinks or food that would be a Corymerian specaility also. Thanks in advance.

Cormyr has always been in the Realms since Ed's used it in his home game long before he sold FR to TSR.

As for the second question, there is the Suzail Ale in Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog sourcebook from 2e.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  19:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:

It would be nice if Wizards would come up with a 'visual bible' for Forgotten Realms illustrations. They can leave enough room for the individual stylizations of the artists, but provide a guide so that it doesn't look like something out of a Japanese cartoon show (too much of that in today's RPG fantasy, IMHO.)

Hear! Hear! D'accord!

Ed and Elaine and other writers frequently describe their key characters (and even many minor characters) at great length, and it would be soooo cool to have a book of Torilian characters giving their literary descriptions and then perhaps two or three "Artist's conceptions" of them. I'm not talking about a coffee table art book, but a book of sketch's which readers can use as references and Dm's can show to their players as aides memoire.

Elminster is one of the very few Realms characters I can describe in just a couple of sentences and be fairly certain that all of my players are visualizing the same person, because he has been so widely ilustrated. Blackstaff and his Lady Mage, too, because (1) Blackstaff has been illustrated several times, not least in the Conspectus of the Realms, and (2) because his lady wife is ... er ... well ... "distinctive"-looking.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  19:29:21  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello Ed,

You've spoken of beings inflicted with uncontrolled shapechanging in the past, does this effect subtype and gender too, like being forced into shape of an abberation. How are these "curses" or afflictions lifted being magical in nature, I'm speaking of the one where the being shapechanges into various creatures not the lycanthrope affliction.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000