Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  11:11:42  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message
Dearest sages, scribes THO, and Ed

We all know that Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul were three mortals who became gods by absorbing parts of Jergal's portfolio, but when did this happen? Where did the three mortals come from?

Many obsequious thanks.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4768 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  12:35:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Okay, another question occurs to me... What about Realmsfolk who are paralyzed, specifically from the waist down? Do wheelchairs exist in the Realms? Are there any other resources, particularly magical ones? How are these folk treated? And have their ever been any prominent paralyzed people, particularly mages? (Alliteration not intended!)

As always, thanks for your time and lore!

I recall Steven mentioning a Calishite wizard who'd lost his legs or that they were useless and so he used a small flying carpet for mobility. This reference is somewhere in either "Empires of the Shining Sea" or "Calimport".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  13:37:05  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Okay, another question occurs to me... What about Realmsfolk who are paralyzed, specifically from the waist down? Do wheelchairs exist in the Realms? Are there any other resources, particularly magical ones? How are these folk treated? And have their ever been any prominent paralyzed people, particularly mages? (Alliteration not intended!)

As always, thanks for your time and lore!

I recall Steven mentioning a Calishite wizard who'd lost his legs or that they were useless and so he used a small flying carpet for mobility. This reference is somewhere in either "Empires of the Shining Sea" or "Calimport".

-- George Krashos

Sarsor yn Rogir el Maqaav, or Sarsor the Legless. Detailed in Calimport.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  14:42:00  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul were three mortals who became gods by absorbing parts of Jergal's portfolio, but when did this happen? Where did the three mortals come from?

If they were adventurers, they may be the most successful party in all of Faerunian history (by purely amoral standards, of course.)

Edited by - RodOdom on 31 Jul 2006 14:42:39
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  03:23:02  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Anyone know if a write up has ever been done on the origin/history of Centaurs in Faerun?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5037 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  03:52:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. Here’s the rest of Ed’s Realmslore reply to GothicDan, re. more information on present-day House Alastrarra:

There are no known connections between any Alastrarran elf and the Eldreth Veluuthra. Nor does the house have “branches” outside Evermeet and Evereska.
The family DOES, however, embrace the tradition that “restless younglings should seek and find themselves, where’er their feet may lead,” and accordingly doesn’t shun young Alastrarran elves who go off adventuring. Wherefore there are lone members of House Alastrarra in Silverymoon and somewhere in the Thousand Swords south of Altumbel (plus anywhere else you’d like to place PC Alastrarra elves, in your campaign).
Faerendil Alastrarra (“Faeren” to his friends) is a CG male sun elf Ftr7/Rog5/Wild Scout 2 who dwells in Silverymoon, making a living as a guide assisting merchants who prefer to “travel the back ways” between the Gem of the North and other settlements in the Marches (usually because they have valuable or illicit cargoes that Faeren carefully doesn’t ask about). He’s an avid fan of adventurers, loves to meet visiting adventurers and hear of their exploits, and dreams of acquitting himself ably in some dangerous, splendid adventure. Soon.
Nurue Alastrarra (“Nue” to friends) is a CG female sun elf Rog2/Sor9 whose glossy raven-dark hair reaches to her ankles, and whose blazing golden eyes peer sensually and challengingly out at the world from under black, prominent brows. A hedonist who loves all manner of sensual experiences with partners of many races, she wandered the Inner Sea ports sampling festhalls, Loviatran whipping rituals, and just about everything else. She slew a drunken loxo who raped her in Soorenar, and fled from arrest for this (the loxo was a favourite trusted servant of one of the richest merchants of Soorenar, Mharaunkh Myrtalis) onto a merchant ship that turned out to be a pirate vessel. The crew of the [[Bright Sail of Neldar]] loved her (and she, them), and for most of a season she sailed with them, until the ship was wrecked on a shoal in the Thousand Swords, in a fierce storm. Neldar and most of his crew drowned, but Nue and a handful of pirates made it ashore in one of the ship’s boats. She has resumed her wandering life, shedding pirates who used their swords (and so ran afoul of local fisherfolk and villagers) where Nue used her charms, and is still exploring, seeking adventure, and wondering what the Yuirwood - - and the court of The Simbul - - are like.

So saith Ed. Who happily generates reams of such lore when asked (and not too busy: churning out books and books of it is, after all, his livelihood, and - - even to a longtime editor like me - - his schedule is awesomely busy).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:12:06  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage  Send GothicDan an AOL message  Send GothicDan an ICQ Message  Click to see GothicDan's MSN Messenger address  Send GothicDan a Yahoo! Message Send GothicDan a Private Message
Just - wow.

The sheer depth of those NPCs - Ed, you're amazing!

Thank you so much. :)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:20:05  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Great lore which leads me to wonder in Faerun could one Nurue-like person have trained at a monastery in one place, spend years adventurering and then return to the monastic life style. Basically in Faerun could one be monk while young/orphan and not find it appealing then after adventuring say as ranger decide settle down and return to such monastic lifestyle. Does the Monk restriction in D&D overwrite realms living in preventing one from taking monk levels after cross-classing?

Damn, raped by a Loxo, rape is bad period but that must be horrible.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  20:52:57  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message
Hi again,

So, again I quote this 2004 answer :
quote:

It's very important that gamers not follow their real-world (usually monotheistic) thinking when considering Faerunian situations: the Realms is pantheistic, and "everyone knows" ALL the gods (at least of one's own race) "really exist." Unlike our real world, there's no denying that the folk praying to another god next door aren't just as correct as "we" are, because often "we" will also be praying to that other deity soon (if only for appeasement). The faith lies in believing this or that personal, dream-vision-induced, or priestly interpretation of the deity's will or intentions or prohibitions, not in believing the god exists.

First, this time I would like Ed to elaborate on the last sentence, i.e. what Faith is all about in the realms, knowing that not only the worshipers/priests/clerics known that Gods exists, but every single man they would want to "convert". So many times I have heard from peoples that dislike the Realms that (even more with the ToT) Faith in the Realms doesn't have any purpose.

Second, our discussion have lead me to think about the difference in their effects of the Power and the Art. We know the source is different, but why the effects are so much ? Why "arcane" healing aren't popular, or why Kossuth's worshipers doesn't have access to "divine" fireballs ? The real questions is of course, does this derive only from (A)D&D class system / balance issues ?

Corollary to the second, if we supposed these D&D limitations and remove them, I would naturally create deity-tailored "spells" list. My question here, is how the portfolio/dogma of the deity should influence these lists ? For example, should Talos, as the God of Destruction, refuse to grant healing spells to his worshipers ? Was the AD&D Major/Minor sphere system better fitted to the Realms ?

Thanks for all your answers..

P.S. If by November, you didn't get the time to look at those recent questions, I'll have to ask you them directly Too bad my English speaking is not as good as my Enligh writing

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Aug 2006 20:59:02
Go to Top of Page

RevJest
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  22:48:57  Show Profile  Visit RevJest's Homepage Send RevJest a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Nurue Alastrarra (“Nue” to friends) is a CG female sun elf Rog2/Sor9 whose glossy raven-dark hair reaches to her ankles, and whose blazing golden eyes peer sensually and challengingly out at the world from under black, prominent brows. A hedonist who loves all manner of sensual experiences with partners of many races, she wandered the Inner Sea ports sampling festhalls, Loviatran whipping rituals, and just about everything else.

Given how I've seen gold/sun elves portrayed in several Realms novels, I wonder how scandalous most would find Lady Nurue? :)

- RJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  23:07:04  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage  Send GothicDan an AOL message  Send GothicDan an ICQ Message  Click to see GothicDan's MSN Messenger address  Send GothicDan a Yahoo! Message Send GothicDan a Private Message
Note that the majority of Sun/Gold Elves portrayed in novels have been portrayed in hyperbole and are isolated cases. For a better look at the broader spectrum of Sun Elven culture, I highly recommend you read Ed's "Evermeet" supplement. :)

Even Sun Elven Matriarchs can kiss humans if they play music well enough. ;)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Evil Knight
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  00:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Evil Knight's Homepage Send Evil Knight a Private Message
dear Ed,

When is your next book signing in California? Where is it, because i would like you to auto my books! I also want to meet because you are a very very xcellent writer!

Please respond
Go to Top of Page

HunterOfStorms
Seeker

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  02:21:08  Show Profile  Visit HunterOfStorms's Homepage Send HunterOfStorms a Private Message
Hi THO and Ed,
I've recently been looking through Power of Faerun with particular interest in the Heralds section and am wondering whether the Heralds (in the context of the over-arching organisation) are humano-centric - ie. only keep track of human related heraldry (even in mixed populations) - or whether they maintain a broader purview. Which leads into a couple of questions :)

How far back beyond their founding would any records of the Heralds stretch (and how accurate might they be - are they that interested in confirming any snippets of lore they might uncover relating to heraldic lines before their official records begin)?

Is there any Herald prescence in exclusively non-human settlements, eg. Evermeet, Evereska, Luiren, The Great Rift etc.? Or even in predominently non-human places? If not, then do the Heralds communicate at all with the equivalent heraldic lore keepers of other races - and who might these lore keepers be?

Hmm, possibly more than a couple of questions :) and I'm sure I'll think of yet more in the future.

The recent House Alastrarra reply was lovely, Might we possibly see more of a similar nature in Realmslore columns, perchance?

Many thanks as always,
Hunter

Edited by - HunterOfStorms on 02 Aug 2006 02:22:00
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  03:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HunterOfStorms

The recent House Alastrarra reply was lovely, Might we possibly see more of a similar nature in Realmslore columns, perchance?

Agreed, and I second that request.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  03:48:24  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. Ed happened to be at work on something that allowed him to make swift answer to creatvmind’s query: “If not NDA and you are creator of him, is Gwaeron Windstorm his truename and if no can you hint at one...hee hee.”
Ed replies:

Yes, I did create Gwaeron Windstrom. His truename is “Aarthon.” Shhh, don’t tell anyone. :}

So saith Ed, who has happily crept around deep woods a time or two. And spent some summers as a Service Scout and later as Camp Ranger to many campers. I’ve never forgotten him walking up to us in the pitch darkness, silently in moccassins on a beaten dirt path, holding up a rotting log on which a CRAWLING phosphorescent fungus was glowing. He set it down beside us, and after we’d chatted for an hour or so about life, the universe, and the usual everythings, the fungus had migrated half off the log . . .
I've passed on all the recent scribes' comments and questions to Ed. As for him doing something similar to House Alastrarra in the Realmslore columns: he'll not be able to do anything soon, because he's handed in all the columns currently contracted, so as to "win" himself time to write three novels and one top-secret project he's told me not even a little bitty hint about!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  04:44:04  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
I’ve never forgotten him walking up to us in the pitch darkness, silently in moccassins on a beaten dirt path, holding up a rotting log on which a CRAWLING phosphorescent fungus was glowing. He set it down beside us, and after we’d chatted for an hour or so about life, the universe, and the usual everythings, the fungus had migrated half off the log . . .

Eww. I have to ask, do you know what kind of fungus that was? That's pretty creepy.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  13:34:03  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage  Click to see Neriandal Freit's MSN Messenger address Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message
I most certainly second that Rinonal,

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1071 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  13:53:20  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage  Click to see khorne's MSN Messenger address Send khorne a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Dare I even ask what a Loxo is?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  15:08:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Dare I even ask what a Loxo is?

Loxo are elephant-like humanoids. See Shining South.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  00:06:52  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, scribes. Ed herewith responds to this post, from Arivia: “A pair of questions for Ed:
1) What about body modification in the Realms? We know that at least ear piercings exist, but what about nose or lip piercings? Are ear piercings only used in high society for earrings? Or, to put it another way, any cases of bone fragments being used for piercings? How about other forms of modification, such as scarification or corsetry?
2) Any details you can share on Kururn Blackalblade (see page 150 of Power of Faerun), or will those have to wait until the Border Kingdoms series reaches Blackalblade the town? Oh, and please say there's an entry on the Realm of the Smoking Star on the way!”
Ed replies:

1. Please see Page 4 of my replies in the 2004 vintage of this thread, Page 69 of the 2005 version, and especially Page 37 of the 2005 thread (wherein I answered this question directly, if briefly, in response to Wooly Rupert). To summarize, except among clergy, nipple and genital piercings are rare. Ear piercings are the most common, and usually for dangling earrings. Other piercings are unusual to rare. (The “punk” look of the modern real world would be interpreted in a Faerûnian port as someone from afar, having the “usual look” of wherever that was, and in Faerûnian backlands as some sort of religious dedication or practice. It would not be something most observers would want to emulate.)
Ritual scarring is usually religious in nature, and reflects a rite of passage or rank attainment in divine service (lay or priestly). For example, a cleric of Loviatar would at very low level participate in a ritual where she said prayers while being whipped in a particular spot until an open wound developed, and then would continue to pray while dyed salt was ritually put into the wound to increase pain and impart a particular colour to the wound, and then go on praying while senior priests used brazier-warmed pokers and burning brands to cauterize the open wound so as to make it a permanent scar. (Other faiths use ritual branding, sometimes administered after drugs to lessen pain.)
Corsetry is very common, from fat male merchants and female goodwives just wanting to “improve their shape, as meets the eye” (and so donning various foundation garments, meant to stay hidden under clothing) to all sorts of alluring garments (meant to display the body, and at the same time be displayed as adornment).
Yes, bone fragments are used among human, dwarf, gnome, and halflings in Chult and among serpentfolk everywhere for (where anatomically relevant) ear, lower jaw, and forearm adornment, but these bone pieces are usually deliberately shaped and polished into little figurines or tooth shapes marked with luck-runes (or in the case of arcane spellcasters, the bones themselves can serve as material components for necromantic spells, or the runes they bear have magical uses).

2. Well, I didn’t impart all that much about Kururn in the Blackalblade web entry, because he’s long dead. Or (heh-heh) perhaps undead, in your Realms campaign.
In the ‘home’ Realms campaign, he haunts a particular tavern - - and the alley behind it - - that occupy the site where his house once stood, as a silent, wraith-like phantom with burning eyes. He watches everyone who “comes too close,” growing multiple heads to do so, and is insubstantial and silent, but menacing (he’s guarding the bulk of his treasure, which was buried deeply and never found when his house collapsed and was cleared away for the building of the tavern).
No one had yet dug his coins up - - but when they do, I’ll have Kururn materialize as a boneclaw (MM3, but able to fly and fade in and out of tangibility), to slay - - but do so stealthily, stalking the treasure-finders everywhere across the Realms and attacking them only when he can get them alone, asleep, or otherwise at a disadvantage. The moment he leaves the site of his onetime home, he’ll lose the ability to manifest multiple watchful heads, but he’ll always be able to unerringly teleport back to that place. He’ll seek to slay any treasure-takers, and restore his treasure to where it was.
As for the Realm of the Smoking Star: of COURSE there’s an entry coming on it. And on every other nook, cranny, stream, rill, and waymoot of the Border Kingdoms. Would I leave you wanting?

Oho, Arivia, be careful how you answer THAT sort of Ed question.
Me? I’ll just be over here, carefully out of earshot . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  11:25:18  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
Vendui to The Hooded One and Ed!

More recently we were debating planar issues and came to speak about these special servants Lolth had created to do her biding, the yochlol. As Lolth was and is a multi-spheric deity, questions arose whether it was the "FR Lolth" or the "Core Greyhawkian Lolth" which created the "first" yochlol. Or to put it more precisely: were the yochlol specificly created for the Forgotten Realms (the first appearance I know of, rule-wise, was in Ed's great The Drow of the Underdark)?
The more recent publication Fiendish Codex I has a lengthy article about the handmaidens as well, which stirred up the interest.

Thanks in advance,

Zanan

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

renatoca
Acolyte

Brazil
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  18:13:30  Show Profile  Visit renatoca's Homepage  Click to see renatoca's MSN Messenger address Send renatoca a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,

I asked this question before but got no answer :-(

I have just read Elminster's Daughter (and i liked a lot! :-)) and just after that i read Spellfire(Super good too :oD), and a question just keep blinking in my mind and here it is:

Simbul said to Elminster in Elminster's Daughter that she was just waiting him notice her and her's love, but at the spellfire she had a night with him, but spellfire comes before Elm's Daughter... and I can't just understand that, if he hasn't seen her what has he? so please explain it for me, pleaseee! :-)

Thanx
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  18:36:26  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by renatoca

Hi Ed and THO,

I asked this question before but got no answer :-(

I have just read Elminster's Daughter (and i liked a lot! :-)) and just after that i read Spellfire(Super good too :oD), and a question just keep blinking in my mind and here it is:

Simbul said to Elminster in Elminster's Daughter that she was just waiting him notice her and her's love, but at the spellfire she had a night with him, but spellfire comes before Elm's Daughter... and I can't just understand that, if he hasn't seen her what has he? so please explain it for me, pleaseee! :-)

Thanx

He might not be able to answer that yet. He'll get to it sooner or later, so you have to have patience. Hells, some of us are still waiting on answers from questions that we asked two years to a year ago. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3291 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  20:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
renatoca, if you give an Elminster's Daughter page reference, one of us may be able to sort out the confusion.

Edited by - Faraer on 03 Aug 2006 20:27:21
Go to Top of Page

lobotraxx
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  22:52:51  Show Profile  Visit lobotraxx's Homepage Send lobotraxx a Private Message
Here's a question,THO, that may be simple to answer to pass along to Ed. In the short story,coming out of the Realms of the Underdark, "A Slow Day in Skullport" there are several characters that are mentioned at the end of the story that may show up in future stories. The characters are Torthan, Voundarra, Zarissa, and a black dragon called Vulharindauloth. Which novels do they show up again in to tell more of their fate because it kind of left that part hanging? Thanks again.

Lobotraxx

P.S.-I have been catching up on some reading so I'm about 10 years behind. I'm currently reading novels and trilogies that started in the publishing year of 1996 so a lot of catching up. I'm currently reading Book 1 of the Cormyr Saga.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000