Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  13:28:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
A Fortune 500 Question for Ed

Who are the richest 10-20 people/beings in Forgotten realms and what do they do?

Presumably Mirt would be one of the wealthiest

Thanks in advance

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 12 Jan 2006 23:41:53
Go to Top of Page

Vvornth
Seeker

Sweden
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  17:52:42  Show Profile  Visit Vvornth's Homepage Send Vvornth a Private Message
A question with a "poll" warning for Ed;

Who is the most influential behind-the-scenes character in Faerűn today?
He got a question along these lines in an old copy of Dragon I recall and at the time the answer was Manshoon. The realms has changed since then however, especially Manshoon's situation, thus the question begs an answer again.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Who the are the richest 10-20 people/beings in Forgotten realms and what do they do?

I would put my money (no pun intended) on prominent members of the clergy of Waukeen.

It's good to be king

Edited by - Vvornth on 12 Jan 2006 19:25:28
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5037 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:27:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all.
Dargoth, before I hand your latest on to Ed, “richest” how?
Most loved? Most influential? Owner of the most land and hard assets? Possessor of the most coins? Gems? Raw ore, as yet unmined? Human, demi-human, and humanoid races only? Or dragons and giants, long-existing liches, et al included?

Ed answers Jamallo Kreen’s August question: “Apropos of the Seven Sisters thread, Ed, can you you cite a particular instance in which a potted plant is definitely known to be godspawn - - if that information isn't NDA, that is. ;)”
Ed replies:

No, this time I can give those dreaded NDAs the slip, and nimbly prance forth to tell you: although this has hitherto been one of the gravest secrets of their churches (still unknown to most priests of either faith, who will dismiss word of it as pure fabrication or deliberate heresy), both Eldath and Silvanus have spawned spare bodies for themselves in the form of various plants that remain small, exquisitely-shaped, never-dying (no matter how abused or neglected) specimens unless or until either deity sees the need for a new avatar-body in Faerűn - - whereupon they manifest within the plants, able to see, speak, cast spells, and so on normally as the plant swiftly expands in size and grows human-like limbs.
At any given time, either deity will have over forty of these ‘proto-bodies’ waiting, all over Faerűn, and some of them may well be found and “harvested” for houseplant use thanks to their superb appearances and vigor. They may never see divine use, and possession of them gives a being no power over, or direct link to, the deities at all - - but the deities can sense what happens to each of these plants, and can travel into any of them at will, either perceiving, speaking, and casting spells through it (which need not affect its appearance at all), or actually possessing it (which will cause it to grow and transform).
So PCs beware: while leaning over your potted plants, don’t murmur any curses against Eldath or Silvanus - - or you may taste retribution.
And you thought I was joking, didn’t you? :}

So saith Ed. So Hearken, All: Ye Have Been Warned.
Ed adds that he hasn’t forgotten the second question you asked - - or rather, revised - - that day, Jamallo Kreen (about the music of Ivy Mansion), and will make reply when he gets to it.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:31:45  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
*hastily hurries to water his plants*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Just

Hi fellow sages and Hi Mr. Ed Greenwood! Excellent New Year to you all!

I was thinking of finding a place to post some questions and Congratulations for Troy Denning, but strangely I think the Sages forgot him here! So I'm Hoping that you Ed(Hope you don't mind me calling you like this, it's strange to call you Mr. Ed Greenwood!) can distribute the word to Troy(Hope he doesn't mind either!), of my greatest congratulations about "The Summoning" Book! I just finished this book and I must be true to say that when I started reading it I hadn't great expectations about the book, but has the reading progressed and I got more in contact with the character Galaeron, the book really started to grow on me and I liked it a lot! I'm already starting to read "Elminster in Hell", since it is explained in this book why Elminster has to go to Hell and I'm vigorously trying to find the next book of the series, namely "The Siege"! I would like to make a few questions(Some might be rather stupid!)

(snip)

I also just started reading El in Hell, and I have a question which I'm sure has been answered many times elsewhere, but which answer I cannot locate: "What's the English translation of, 'confutatis maledictus, flammis acribus addictus etiam sanato vulnere cicatrix manet'?"

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:56:18  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Thank ye kindly for the answers thus far, and rest assured that I shall continue to poke, prod, and otherwise disequilibrate the applecart in the future.

There was one tripartite question of mine which may have been answered and the answer lost in the shuffle of my cyberdesk, and which I therefore repeat: What the heck was that magic black curtain across Yellow Snake Pass during the Time of Troubles; what happened to things that passed through it; is it still there?

I await your answers on tenterhooks. (Or at least on osteophytes.)

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4854 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:57:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Yep, considering my latin is non-existent, I've often wondered what Ed's little blurbs at the front of a few of the most recent FR novels mean. Care to illuminate us THO?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  02:28:19  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, all.
Most loved? Most influential? Owner of the most land and hard assets? Possessor of the most coins? Gems? Raw ore, as yet unmined? Human, demi-human, and humanoid races only? Or dragons and giants, long-existing liches, et al included?

Ed answers Jamallo Kreen’s August question: “Apropos of the Seven Sisters thread, Ed, can you you cite a particular instance in which a potted plant is definitely known to be godspawn - - if that information isn't NDA, that is. ;)”
Ed replies:

(snip)

So PCs beware: while leaning over your potted plants, don’t murmur any curses against Eldath or Silvanus - - or you may taste retribution.
And you thought I was joking, didn’t you? :}

So saith Ed. So Hearken, All: Ye Have Been Warned.
Ed adds that he hasn’t forgotten the second question you asked - - or rather, revised - - that day, Jamallo Kreen (about the music of Ivy Mansion), and will make reply when he gets to it.
love,
THO

WOW.

Go to Top of Page

Talinthonis
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  05:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Talinthonis's Homepage Send Talinthonis a Private Message
There goes a small question about the Underdark, possibly NDA'd, but having it answered would make my day (or perhaps my month).

Is there anything known about the Underdark city of Vrasl? And if nothing has been published so far, except for what is in the 3e Underdark book, would you be willing to spare any informations about it? History, leading Houses, it's personnalities or it's *possible* situation after the War of the Spider Queen books (the later not being so important, since WotSQ is not so old and it's repercussions have probably not been written yet)?

I've been writing a french fanfiction about it's areas and a secretive house lurking around and praying Kiaransalee, but the tidbits of informations I could find weren't very... informative.

And by the way, thanks for all the good lore you give us, and thanks to ye, THO, for being so kind. :)
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  17:00:13  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
I may have said this before (correction I have said this before - at least 3 times!!))

YES PLEASE - More on Eveningstar and the Evenor Lands in general

to be honest I am more interested in a campaign starter for Eveningstar than a fully fleshed out dungeon - you know all the interesting stuff about Baskar, Dunman and Maethlin etc. Why the Killing Keep fell into ruin (and who ruined it); why the Trolls keep returning to the Cavern's depite regular forays to clense them; more on the deceased Xall, who installed him/her and what else did Halfling Inc get up to? etc etc etc

If I could pick one thing - it would be an update on Doust and Islif and how their son (Jhaok sp?) is maturing and whether he has a 'wandering' spirit like his parents , where in Eveningstar they live and has Doust any plans to build a small shrine in 'competition' with Arabel?

Cheers

Damian

quote:

Hi, Mike; thanks for the good wishes! I’m afraid a 3.5e presentation of the Haunted Halls in DUNGEON is unlikely, because I’m just too busy, and if I tackle the Halls again, I want to restore it to what it was supposed to be: a 96-page-minimum campaign base: the entire village of Eveningstar, with fully-detailed feuds, family trees, and local rumours, the local temple detailed with daily prayers and rituals, all of Starwater Gorge detailed, plus the Caverns of the Claws side-dungeon, the local Zhent intrigues, and ALL of the dungeon itself described (well over half of it was missing from the published version: a lower level, lots of room descriptions, a coherent history of the place, and so on: in my pencil notes, all intelligent “monsters” had an agenda, a reason they were there in the first place, and “if the PCs do this, the monster’s sttitude towards them from then on will be X”). Updating all of this into 3.5e is something I don’t see any time for in the next two years of my schedule (at least!), and the result would be something very useful to novice DMs but out-of-step with the current “preferred style” of DUNGEON adventures, which get through a lot more action in a lot less space.
On the other hand, if there was a huge outcry for this (including from Paizo and WotC - - who would have to give their permission), I’d eagerly plunge in and do it.

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 13 Jan 2006 18:22:39
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  22:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message
Thanks to the day (Friday the 13th), I thought I'd query on something open-ended and then something a tech more specific:

Ed, are there any FR cultural and/or racial superstitions you'd care to share with us that we've not heard of? (Along the lines of "everyone" knows of if not exactly shares the superstition, ala "Friday the 13th is a day of unluck."

Second query can be answered by both you and the Lovely Hooded One: First or best memories of early Realms gaming sessions where something uttered by the players or the GM stopped everyone in their tracks in wonder. (Yes, I'm sure there's many comments that stopped everyone before the laughter started or something ribald was said--I'm thinking of those moments of serendipity where you collectively tapped into what the Realms has become for all of us).

There. That explanation at end probably made it too odd, but I'm still curious and you two are the only ones who can tell such tales (and we don't have to worry about pesky NDAs...).

Take care, all, and have good weekends!

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Pardan
Seeker

31 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  22:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Pardan's Homepage Send Pardan a Private Message
I hope it's ok if I ask a new question, Ed;)

What would be the funeral/burial rites of the major faiths in Faerun? Specific rites etc. (cremation vs. burial etc.)...
Also, apart from the major faiths, what are the specific rites for Malar-worshippers ( this has come up in a session last week and has prompted me top ask this question).

Do not knock on Death's door - ring the bell twice and run away.
He hates that.
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message
quote:

And yes, I’ve revealed before in Realmslore that nobility (and merchants aspiring to be nobility) do indeed collect Marvels and Wonders. Longtime scribes: where have I done so? Both online and in print?

I think it was back in late 2004/early 2005 that I asked Ed about the art, architecture and wonders of Faerun and Toril. His extensive reply/s are found somewhere in the haystack of the Ask Ed sections of this forum for those years.

Extensive quotes from Ed's replies can be found in the thread I created here at Candlekeep, "Art, Archetecture and the Wonders of Faerun". Here is a link ...

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3296&SearchTerms=art

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:

Hi, all.

Mainly "Owner of the most land and hard assets, Possessor of the most coins and Gems Gems"

So rich Finicially

Who are the Bill Gates, Rupert Mudorchs and Donald Trumps etc of Faerun.

They can be of any Race

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 13 Jan 2006 23:07:03
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:21:27  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Pardan

What would be the funeral/burial rites of the major faiths in Faerun? Specific rites etc. (cremation vs. burial etc.)...
Also, apart from the major faiths, what are the specific rites for Malar-worshippers ( this has come up in a session last week and has prompted me top ask this question).

October 24, 2005 Ed discussed some of the burial and cremation practices of the deities. Malar wasn't one of them though. :(

And to those who are looking for replies from Ed, you can find them in my So Saith Ed files that are stored here on Candlekeep in Alaundo's Library. Each year has a table of contents that is broken down by date.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2877 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:30:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Hi, all.

Mainly "Owner of the most land and hard assets, Possessor of the most coins and Gems Gems"

So rich Finicially

Who are the Bill Gates, Rupert Mudorchs and Donald Trumps etc of Faerun.

They can be of any Race

I'd bet you money we'll see a note on this in Power of Faerun...

Edited by - Arivia on 13 Jan 2006 23:45:26
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:42:50  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Quick question to something I have never realised before

is there a link between Boaresky Bridge and the Obarskyr family? a hidden secret that has never come to light given the similarity of the names? A wayward prince who decided to have fun/seek his fortune rather than be cooped up with the Mage Royal learning history etc and subtley changed his name to be 'unrecognised'?

(or, is it more likely just some names Ed played around with when making up, errr designing the Realms )

Cheers

Damian

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:24:24  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
This is not Canon, but I would guess that Malar wouldn't have burial rites as such. The nature (no pun intended) of their faith is the wild and extreme, fittest survive etc.

I would think that most Malarites don't die of old age in their beds (in fact probably not any), but in the wild, hunting and stalking a beast/traveller/adventurer (kill or be killed etc).

My other thought would be as a ritual of slaughter (The Sacred Hunt) by fellow Malarites who hunt the 'infirm' one. As (I see) part of their doctrine is to keep only the young and fit alive, to ensure health and vibrancy in nature - an overlooked part of Malar worship IMHO and how much of a benefit they have in keeping wild animals alive for the benifet of others, by hunting and slaying genetically malformed or old and infirm deer/elk/boar/insert other furry critter that people hunt for food etc. They ensure that herds of wild animals are in the best health as possible and therfore their progeny also have the best start in life.

re The Sacred Hunt - again I am guessing, but I would assume that the body once slain is left so allowing others (animals/birds/insects/plants and soil to feed on it and share its vitality to all. I can't imagine it being gathered up, and put in a tomb/grave in a service of remembrance - I have no doubt that celebration/feasting/toasting of the slain would take place by the Hunters, but IMC the body would be left for nature to sort out.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Damian

EDIT: another wild thought (or two) just popped in my head .... re the Sacred Hunt, if the prey manage to survive the pack either by eluding them in a long chase or fighting them off, perhaps they are rewarded with a rebirth either in the body of one of the younger slain pack members they killed, or as a wild beast of their choice (similar to what happens to fallen/defeated Magisters who become dragons etc?).

Alternatively if they are killed a ritual of cremation might take place specifically tied to the heart, as this is where your 'courage' comes from? ("He has heart" or Wizard of Oz etc), maybe tied in with the creation of a magic item that instills bravery/freedom from fear/permanant prayer effect etc

Just some random musings

quote:
Originally posted by Pardan

October 24, 2005 Ed discussed some of the burial and cremation practices of the deities. Malar wasn't one of them though. :(

[/quote]

shudder,
love to all,
THO

Edited by - crazedventurers on 14 Jan 2006 01:08:10
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:30:14  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

is there a link between Boaresky Bridge and the Obarskyr family? a hidden secret that has never come to light given the similarity of the names? A wayward prince who decided to have fun/seek his fortune rather than be cooped up with the Mage Royal learning history etc and subtley changed his name to be 'unrecognised'?

(or, is it more likely just some names Ed played around with when making up, errr designing the Realms )

Cheers

Damian

I asked this same question quite some time ago, and the answer is no - in fact it was Jeff Grubb who came up with the name of the Cormyr's royal family.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:31:40  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

Cheers

Damian

:) Edit: Kajehase beat me to it but I supplied the actual quote. :)

"November 8, 2004: Hello, all. Thanks, Wooly; I knew I could count on you. I bring Ed’s latest reply, this to Kajehase from fair Sweden (a country Ed enjoyed visiting very much):

Sorry, Kajehase, it IS just a coincidence. The “Obarskyrs” have no relationship at all to “Boareskyr Bridge” (please note the ‘e’ in there). Jeff Grubb and his wife Kate Novak named the ruling family of Cormyr, and I named the place (after the long-ago adventurer Boareskyr [also my creation] who built the first bridge there). Ah, but you’re a daring scribe, if you’re going to try for the Lady Hooded’s leash. Me, I’d just walk up to her and ask for a kiss -- that usually gets you a kiss and then some.

So saith Ed, who’s busily blowing my cover again (reputation? Hah! Gone long ago, in one sense, and better than ever, in another).

love to all,
THO"

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 14 Jan 2006 00:32:53
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:35:38  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Thanks I haven't seen that response - glad its cleared up (one less wild idea bouncing around my head )

Cheers

Damian
ps which leads to the next question - was there an 'original' name for the ruling family of Cormyr? and if so, why did it get changed? (if this is answered elsewhere can someone point me in the right direction please so I can stop asking repeated questions? thanks in advance )

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

I asked this same question quite some time ago, and the answer is no - in fact it was Jeff Grubb who came up with the name of the Cormyr's royal family.

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:43:05  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:

Thanks I haven't seen that response - glad its cleared up (one less wild idea bouncing around my head )

Oh that's not surprising, it's probably about 100 pages back

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  00:52:32  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

Oh that's not surprising, it's probably about 100 pages back

Actually, it's from 2 years ago... so it's really buried. :)

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  01:27:32  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage  Click to see Reefy's MSN Messenger address Send Reefy a Private Message
Ed, THO - a somewhat belated happy new year.

I was wondering what you could tell me about druid circles currently operating in the Dales - how many there are, where they are based, any particularly powerful figures, what deities in particular, if any, are venerated, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  01:53:14  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Ed, THO - a somewhat belated happy new year.

I was wondering what you could tell me about druid circles currently operating in the Dales - how many there are, where they are based, any particularly powerful figures, what deities in particular, if any, are venerated, etc.

Thank you in advance.

There was the one in Shadowdale but after the ToT's, it disbanded. :) See the 2e campaign box set.....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000