Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2006 :  23:28:54  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hi, Kuje. I'm away from all my books and game stuff at the moment (travelling), and can't for the life of me remember this Alamanther guy. Is this from UE? Old gray box? Spellbound? The old original Thay book?
Darn, I hate when that happens.
(What's my name, again? )
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2006 :  23:30:37  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Hi, Kuje. I'm away from all my books and game stuff at the moment (travelling), and can't for the life of me remember this Alamanther guy. Is this from UE? Old gray box? Spellbound? The old original Thay book?
Darn, I hate when that happens.
(What's my name, again? )

I found the reference in Magic of Faerun under his spell. :) See, it pays to actually finally sit down and read 3/3.5e FR sourcebooks cover to cover, which is what I've been doing. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2006 :  23:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Ah, thanks. I've been going nuts. I vaguely remember "Alamanther's Return" or some such spell. Ordinarily I'd just go fetch down Realms books from my shelf (starting with Seven Sisters for this one), but . . . they're miles and miles away.
Don't these idiot governments understand that we Realms fans require Realmslore booths at every train and bus station, and every airport and town hall? If they can find space for racks full of personal hygiene pamphlets, they can provide full Realms libraries . . .
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4304 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  00:15:07  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
A question about "The Promenade", looking at 176 where there is clearly indicated that many live there (very few numbered or described). What was the population then and what is it now? The question seeks to understand how Eilistraee commumitiies work/evolve.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  00:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I recall seeing something about Ed's influences years ago (perhaps kuje can remind me in which year I should look?)...
Which is where the "So Saith Ed" Indexes come in handy .

See here:- http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/sse_04-idx.htm

and here:- http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/sse_05-idx.htm

As I recall though... he's discussed it more than once. So you're better off checking through both the '04 and '05 replies.

I did (finally!). My downloaded copy of the '04 file seems to begin mid-sentence, so I may be missing some of it, but searching for the string, "inspir..." didn't elicit the answer (other than that Ed is a Conan fan). Unless Ed's answer was in the missing bit or phrased differently, the list of his inspirations is elsewhere; unfortunately, I just do not have the online time available to do a proper search, so I solicit help on this from others. As Miss Blanche said, "I have always relied upon the kindness of strangers."

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  00:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

JK, SPELLJAMMER and its “crazy physics” was the brainchild of Jeff Grubb, who invited his good friend Ed aboard to write LOST SHIPS, the first SJ supplement.
However, Ed IS a member of SFWA, and hobnobbed with all the hard sf types “back in the day” - - such as Larry Niven (creator of the Ringworld). I know Ed is familiar with Dyson Spheres and many of the other postulated configurations for “created” worlds, and enjoyed reading multigenerational spaceship tales from Heinlein’s classic ORPHANS IN THE SKY onwards. I know Ed has read all of Clarke’s fiction (he was asked to interview Sir Arthur at the ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, a few years back), and that would of course include RAMA - - but Ed’s father is a physicist, and I seem to recall seeing him on a black-and-white university television show (archived from its original broadcast, back in the late 1960s) talking about a space-travelling cylinder being a “configuration with good possibilities” for an “artificial planetary body for humanity to expand into” (and demonstrating this with a toilet paper tube [which in Canada at least is a cylinder of white cardstock]!). So Ed’s father would probably be his influence in this matter, not Sir Arthur.
love,
THO

I didn't know that!

See? Ask and ye shall be answered!

I have corresponded (once) with Sir Arthur, so for those who play "degrees of separation," he gives me two degrees of Lord Dunsany. Thanks to Ed, I suppose that anyone who participates on this scroll has a maximum of three degrees of Lord Dunsany (and three degrees of HPL, too, through me, if not Ed and several others).

I digress.

Thanks, Lady Hooded One. I did indeed finish Rendezvous With Rama yesterday, and I was very impressed. May Deneir grant that someday I shall write a line as powerful as the last one in that novel!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  01:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:

Ed replies:

No. If those losses had occurred in Waterdeep or right outside the walls, yes. However, this was an expedition to elsewhere, a “glorious struggle to save all the Realms” about which the Moonstars have been whispering much stirring misinformation, in Waterdeep, since it occurred. The only Watch and Guard members who participated were those who volunteered (wanted) to go, and the result has been that those who didn’t have all ‘moved up’ in the ranks. They “know” most everyone who “went off to war” died, but that doesn’t make them not want to be in the Watch or Guard at all: it makes them want to stay at home in Waterdeep and “do their proper jobs” more than ever! (So, no penalty.) Now, if you or I (or Khelben!) started wandering around the city now, calling on Watch and Guard members to join our new “expedition to war elsewhere,” I’d suspect we’d face a VERY stiff penalty, yes.

Thanks Ed

I wonder if Blackstaff will deal with Khelbens recent loss of status (At least on the eyes of some of Waterdeeps residents)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5043 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  02:00:16  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, fellow scribes of the Realms. Herewith, Ed responds to Kuje’s question: “Hiya Ed, I was wondering if you could expand on the reference to the use of numerology in the Tashalar entry in the FRCS. What do they use? Dates/months/years? Their names? Both? How do they do readings? Um. I'll leave you to expand on that because I'm kinda surprised to see a reference to that as a divination tool. :)”
Ed replies:

The main fortune-telling tools in the Tashalar are decks of plaques (thin rectangles of polished ivory, abalone, jade, and other sustances; the poor may use wood, but metal cards aren’t believed to “work,” and are sold only to outlanders, to be used by children in play, or as adornments or ‘shop samples’) akin to tarot cards, and DMs and players can use real-world tarot decks if they want to, but I envisaged my own decks of cards that are all different [“major arcana” if you will], and have no suits. Most decks have 44 cards, and most Tashtan adults have their own personal deck (children watch and learn with “family decks”). Teenagers ‘coming of age’ are often given decks by their parents, either treasured “family vault” decks formerly owned by now-dead ancestors, or new ones (some folk believe the watchful sentience of the dead comes with their cards, and may influence the living to take vengeance, complete unfinished tasks, right wrongs, and so on).
These are known as “oro decks.” One card is an “oraun,” and multiple cards are “oro.” Children can and do play a variety of “for fun” card games with them, but adults keep them out of sight when not in use, and use them only for divination: “scrying the oro.”
The decks are shuffled and dealt in a variety of arrays to try to discern different things about the future. Most arrays use 16 cards or less, and the “next sixteen,” separated out from the deck face-down, are turned over AFTER the array is read, and examined. Most of the scenes on oro cards have elements that can be counted, such as eyes (of creatures depicted on the card), leaves or coins or hands or weapons depicted in the scenes, and so on. All visible instances of a particular element in these “next sixteen” cards are totalled to derive a meaning; counting instances of another element yields another meaning or potential answer (an even number of eyes may mean one thing, and a total above, or below, or equalling the number of full decades the person “laying out” the cards has lived may mean another - - and so on.
I could spend about a year (if I had the time to spare, and we both know the truth about that) just listing meanings of the various oraun and of the arrays, to say nothing of what meanings the appearances of particular oro cards in specific spots in an array are said to have, AND to say nothing of these numerological meanings. The astrological mention in the FRCS, by the way, refers to yet another divination method, that combines: the year and month of the card-user’s birth, the ascendant constellation or star at the time of the reading, and the stars visible in the scenes on oraun in the array (NOT the “next sixteen” or the rest of the deck). So I’m not going to say more about this now, other than to note that matters of health (including “will I survive this day’s battle?”) are usually examined by means of a seven-card array, and matters of romance with a nine-card array.

So saith Ed. Who is finally facing the can of worms opened long ago, but not noticed (here and publicly, at least) until Kuje made his post. Kuje, Ed put a few of these plaques among treasure we Knights found early on, and we puzzled over them for almost a YEAR before finding the right NPC to ask about them. Not that knowing that is likely to make you feel better.

And a note to Kentinal: sorry, the Promenade is NDA'd right now. Ed will hang on to your question, though, until such a time as that NDA fades.

love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  02:12:09  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
Hmmm thanks Ed and THO..... Hmmm but now I'm confused because that sounds like tarot and astrology and numerology combined together.....

But my thanks.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 26 May 2006 03:50:47
Go to Top of Page

Scarabeus
Seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  07:09:21  Show Profile  Visit Scarabeus's Homepage  Click to see Scarabeus's MSN Messenger address Send Scarabeus a Private Message
quote:

In 2nd Edition there's much more information about Song Dragons, by Ed, under their old (and better) name of Weredragons.
Indeed.
Foxhelm and Scarabeus... see the Halls of the High King module for Ed's original take on weredragons.
My Thanks milady, Great Sage and Kuje. I must admit I did not made the connection. I'll check Hall's of the High King, which I plan to play (with a few modifications) and by pure coincidence began to read yesterday. And, of course, I'll wait eagerly for Dragons of Fearun.

P.S. : Thanks Evil Knight. I've check the entry. Quite a temper this lady had. I wonder what kind of offspring a Silver Dragon and a Song Dragon might produce

- Scarabeus

Edited by - Scarabeus on 26 May 2006 07:41:39
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2006 :  00:17:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. This time, the Sage of the Greenwood looks at RevJest’s recent query: “In the supplement "The North", on page 12, it states that a stone plaque was found on the Star Mounts with the inscription: "iqebaest Vhalraetaerl". Can you shed some light on what this means, and what it's all about?”
Ed replies:

I’m afraid not. That NDA still firmly applies. Sorry.

Sigh. Oh, well, can’t win ’em all. Yet I can’t offer scribes NO Realmslore at all, so here’s another exchange of lore: createvmind: “What type of orcs were present in Faerun prior to the Orcgates being opened in -1075? I'm asking cause to the Imaskari now out and about would orcs be an unknown race to them, or did they travel to the orc world during their reign?”
Arivia promptly replied: “Mountain orcs existed previously to the opening of the Orcgates, and reportedly did not have much contact with the East. See Races of Faerun.”
And createvmind responded: “I knew some type of orc was present just didn't remember where info was, thanks Arivia.”
Ed chimes in:

Arivia is right, as usual. Question ably answered.

Well, still no Realmslore. Let me dig into my inbox again. Ah, yes, Ed’s reply about elven breeding, and KnightErrantJR’s response: “I must say . . . I missed all of those elven subraces . . . and I thought Snow Elves and Ghost Elves were a stretch . . .”
Yes, thankfully Ed is giving us a peek behind the scenes from his (unpaid, off-site) days as a Contributing Editor of The Dragon (or mayhap it was a little later, when he was a Creative Editor of DRAGON), and the proposed races he mentioned were rejected articles.
Purple Dragon Knight chimed in: “Sh*t-Eater hey? ha ha ha! I'm glad to see that even the most noble of gaming groups always have their "direct-descriptive" moments!”
Oh, you’d be surprised (or perhaps not) at how earthy, crude, and blunt we can all be at times (e.g. the famous: “You suck!” with the response: “And not particularly well . . .”). Ahem.
However, that’s still rather paltry Realmslore for waiting scribes, so here’s another question (this time from RodOdom), and reply:
“Dear Ed and Lady H., This came up in a recent game: how do Halruaans regard the Chosen of Mystra? There probably is no more Mystra-centric society around than Halruaa. But they are also quite insular. How do they feel about not having Halruaans among the Chosen?”
Ed saith:

The Halruaans regard the Chosen of Mystra as servants of the Divine One, and so obey and revere them. As humans most in tune with the Weave, the Halruaans DON’T envy the Chosen or think it strange that there are no Halruaans in the ranks of the Chosen: they don’t presume to understand or second-guess the deeds and thoughts of Holy Mystra.
Certain Halruaans have great personal pride (most evidenced by fighting for status and power against other Halruaans, within Halruaa) but the Chosen are regarded as part of the “great splendor” of Art that empowers and graces all Halruaans, NOT as “humans who got to be more powerful than us, and that we therefore resent.” Halruaan thinking is more along the lines of “the Chosen are particularly apt-at-Art and noble-of-spirit humans who undertook a great burden for the betterment of us all.”

So saith Ed. Ah, that’s better: a snippet of real Realmslore. Ed will return with more next time.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2006 :  20:03:45  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
Thanks so much Ed and THO. That bit of lore is going to make a currently ongoing game richer !
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2006 :  23:57:25  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
This is from Khondar to Ed, he/she accidently posted it in the wrong forum.

"I intend to run (sometime in the near future) a campaign where the player characters are all mercenaries employed to guard a merchant caravan which crosses the realms. This traveling scenario, hopefully, will allow me to introduce many different plots into the game without having the PCs try to save the world. I plan on using many different game modules, both 2E and 3E – Realm specific and non. I have all the 2E books for the Realms – and a few 3E ones as well, mainly for the lore. So any specifics from Candlekeep Sages, such as ‘Gold and Glory’, where Mercenary, or better yet – Caravan, information can be found is highly appreciated.

Now - My question for Ed – what is the general makeup of a caravan? I’m guessing there are the following; Caravan Master, Wagon Master, Horse Master, & Guard Master – and that, I assume, would be the bare minimum of ‘essential’ people.

Could you please elaborate on your take of a ‘long journey type’ caravan. Its makup, essential personel, ect. What materials would be brought along – i.e. wagon repair material, a blacksmith, ect.?

Thanks for any help!"

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  00:00:44  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
And in reply to Khondar's post. :) I'd check out the Spellfire trilogy for caravan info/scenes and Ed has given us some info on caravans through the years and one of them was in a recent post.

I'd download the 2006 Word file, that is in the my sig, and use the find/search feature in Word to do a search for caravan. Also, you could do the same for the 2004 and 2005 files but use the ToC/Index for those first before looking through the long html/pdf's of Ed's answers.

Edited by - Kuje on 28 May 2006 00:01:42
Go to Top of Page

Khondar
Seeker

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  00:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Khondar's Homepage Send Khondar a Private Message
Thanks Kuje!

I need to pick that trilogy up - one of the few I haven't read.

Mr. Khondar
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  01:33:57  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, fellow scribes. This time Ed tackles this, from Foxhelm: “I was just curious if you could give me some details about Song Dragons, as I am thinking of creating a Song half dragon character and need more details. Unless it is NDA with Dragons of Faerun.
Like what is the colour of their electrically charged gas? Does it spark with juice?
With Kuje's info, I am curious about Half Song Dragons. Is it possible for them to occur naturally? (Creature father/Song Dragon Mother) Or do they just result from mystical sources. (Like the Dragon Disciple Prestige Class.) If so, is Narnra a Half Song Dragon whose draconic nature was suppressed by some method (like a spell from her mother?)
What is the character classes that Song Half Dragons tend to favour? Is it like the Copper Dragons they look like? (In RoDragons, Copper Dragons tend to favour the Rogue and the Bard. With the notes in Monsters of Faerun and their name, I can see the bard.)
This is just some of the questions that have popped up now. I hope you can answer some of these unless they are NDA due to DoF. Thanks.”
Ed replies:

Foxhelm, I’m afraid I’m going to hide behind NDAs for now on all of these questions, in part because of DRAGONS OF FAERUN and in part because of some future hopes regarding Narnra. However, I’m keeping this question in my stacks of questions to deal with, because after DoF is released (and a little later, after something else that must for now remain mysterious sees print), I will probably be able to reveal a lot more, either in a Realmslore web column or here at Candlekeep. Good questions, but we must all be patient for now in the matter of their answers.

So saith Ed. Master of Realmslore AND the Mysterious Hint.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  02:52:18  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello Again,

Are there any plans to reveal what is in Myth Rhynn in the Wealdath, if no NDA could you give us a snippet of what may be or have "recently-1372 to current" traipsed/reside through/in the corrupted Mythal and it's ruins?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  04:31:33  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
Hiya THO,

Could you check your messages? I sent a private matter to you that I'd like Ed to comment on, if possible. :)

Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  16:48:32  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,

In the Realms adventuring seems to be the path for meteoric social advancement for many men and women of common birth. Is there anything that prevents virtually any young person with a dagger or cantrip from running off in search of adventure? On a larger scale, what problems would hordes of wandering, hungry adventurers with foreign loyalties present to local rulers and how do they deal with those problems?
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  16:50:10  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
P.S. there are only so many dungeons to go around!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  17:37:31  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
I think the mortality rate of adventurers is quite high, traps, dungeons, encounters with the multitude of creatures, backstabbing and just being plain hoodwinked when joining a "band" seeking fortune. The second part of your question I'm sure has a more diverse answer probably per region , I would like to see the answer too.
Go to Top of Page

TheHermit
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  17:42:42  Show Profile  Visit TheHermit's Homepage Send TheHermit a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

Is there anything that prevents virtually any young person with a dagger or cantrip from running off in search of adventure?

The prospect of sudden, violent, painful death would be a dealbreaker for many, one would think.

- "Glitz & Klax's Potions & Elixirs"/"The Sandmen", Inside Ravens Bluff, The Living City; 1990; TSR, Inc.
- "The Far Guardians' Traveler's Mission", Port of Ravens Bluff; 1991, TSR, Inc.
- "Signs Painted", Polyhedron #70; April, 1992; TSR, Inc.
- Communications Director, Coliseum of Comics, Orlando, FL - http://coliseumofcomics.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  00:36:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, again, all.
Wandering_mage recently posted this query: “I have heard and read about the Naturalist guild in the Fall of Myth Drannor and some say that there is a Cormyrian guild of Naturalists. Now due to geographical closeness, and the probablity being pretty good that there were survivors from the first Naturalist guild of Myth Drannor (whether by traveling at the fall of Myth Drannor or something like that) are both guilds (new and old) related? How closely related are they if not directly? Are there any guild member families that have worked to rebuild the Naturalist guild from Myth Drannor in Cormyr to continue the work of their earlier family members? Any information you have would be very interesting to know. Thank you very much for your time.”
Ed replies:

My pleasure, Wandering_mage. Here goes . . .
The Cormyrean Guild of Naturalists is related to the extinct (long, long ago shattered and disbanded) Myth Drannan guild only in name. (Yes, despite what some members of the modern Cormyrean guild may claim.)
The modern Cormyrean guild is a professional fellowship of men who study animal and plant life with the aims of understanding natural cycles fully, and thereby exploiting natural substances (from plant saps and distillates to beast ichor and organs) to make scents, medicines, poisons, spell inks, dyes, sealants, preservatives, cooking herbs, and so on (the simple use of pelts, edible animals, and edible plants is too widespread for the guild to influence or claim any special expertise over). The Cormyrean guild is now evolving “guild families” simply because the chief skill of members is accumulated knowledge, and members’ children are the best assistants (aside from fellow guild members), but neither guild has been well-established enough, for long enough, to permit the existence of strong, generation-to-generation “guild families.”

So saith Ed, Who Knows All (or at least Fakes It Pretty Well).
Kuje, I’m afraid there’ll be a slight delay in my seeing your message. Hamilton reports that he’s suddenly having Java problems with his account (Yahoo upgraded something?) that gives him a blank white screen whenever he tries to see his messages: so he can’t select and open any of them!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

TheHermit
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  01:45:32  Show Profile  Visit TheHermit's Homepage Send TheHermit a Private Message
Ed,

In the entry for Essembra in Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, the statue of the Mantled King is mentioned as having been enchanted by a mischevious wizard. But the promised detail is never given, as far as I can find. Have I missed it all these years, or was it something that got caught by the heavy hand of editing?

Thanks to you and THO,
Joe Littrell

- "Glitz & Klax's Potions & Elixirs"/"The Sandmen", Inside Ravens Bluff, The Living City; 1990; TSR, Inc.
- "The Far Guardians' Traveler's Mission", Port of Ravens Bluff; 1991, TSR, Inc.
- "Signs Painted", Polyhedron #70; April, 1992; TSR, Inc.
- Communications Director, Coliseum of Comics, Orlando, FL - http://coliseumofcomics.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  03:27:21  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

Kuje, I’m afraid there’ll be a slight delay in my seeing your message. Hamilton reports that he’s suddenly having Java problems with his account (Yahoo upgraded something?) that gives him a blank white screen whenever he tries to see his messages: so he can’t select and open any of them!
love to all,
THO

I swear, it's a conspiracy. :) Ed's busy, Yahoo is mental, it's just all a mess. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000