Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5043 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  03:23:19  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Ed answers Julian Grimm, in this matter: “Ed, I was wondering with the portals that connected and still connect Earth to Toril, if legendary wizards and heroes like Merlin, Vanimonen (sp?) and such have ever been there or may be hiding out or living there now?”
Ed replies:

They certainly could have, and be. That’s up to you, of course, because in the published Realms heroes from elsewhere can never officially appear, for obvious legal and artistic reasons.
However, that is indeed how the “home Realms” have always functioned, though my players preferred the “Realms itself” from the first, and turned away from such play possibilities (usually AFTER Torm had said, “THAT’s King Arthur? Oooh, I’ve just gotta kick him right in the codpiece, and then we can run. Er, fast!”).
So it’s never been a big part of the Realms, but it’s always been there. I’ve felt more comfortable including characters from dead authors (like H. Beam Piper and Roger Zelazny) than living ones (Ursula LeGuin or McKillip or May or McKinley). Yeesh, it’s still hard to think of Roger as dead, though it’s been over ten years, now. Those who wonder why should try to get a copy of the mammoth last Amberzine (issues 12 through 15, bound as one volume), and read my “A Secret of Amber,” therein. Only if you’re an Amber fan, of course. (If you’re not, find a copy of NINE PRINCES IN AMBER and start reading.)
And speaking of more traditional heroes, eagle-eyed scribes should go looking for a Carroll & Graf book, due out this fall, probably entitled CHRONICLES OF BEOWULF or something of the sort. Edited by Brian Thomsen, it should contain new Beowulf stories by (let’s see now): Lynn Abbey, Wolfgang Baur (once editor of DRAGON) and Jeff Grubb. Oh, yes: and me.
Sorry from straying so far from your question, Julian, but a reading of my Beowulf tale will show how readily he could be made to stalk from our mythic past into the Realms.

So saith Ed. Purr; more delights for readers. We work poor old Ed hard, we do, but the results are worth it! (She said, flicking the whip.)
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  04:21:09  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Update, all:
Ed confirms the Archveult pronunciation and says the book title is "Further Tales of Beowulf."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  06:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message

Ed Ive got one of those horrible shoe horning rules questions for you (Hopefully Ed hasnt run off screaming into the Canadian Wilderness after reading this)

WOTC have brought out a new class in the PHB2 The Knight class and while Im generally not in favour of shoehorning new classes into the realms I actually like this one and think it would work in the realms

Wizards have posted the class up on their website

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060501a&page=2

To me it screams the old Cavalier class from Unearthed Arcana so its probably suitable for any FR character who was written up in 1ed/2ed using the Cavalier class/Kit (ie Azoun IV, several NPCs in Daggerford including Duke Pwyll)outside of these indivduels what Faerunian organisations do you think would be Knight orders?

Realmslore contains a few organisations with Knight in the name but most really dont fit the Knights code (Many are Paladin orders)

Knights of Myth Drannor (Somehow I just dont picture Torm having Chivalrous ideals! )

Knights of the Shield: While it may have orginally been a Knight order its more of a Thieves guild or power group these days

etc

The Bane worshiping Knights of the Black Gauntlet might be an order LE Knights

Where there any "Cavalier" knight orders in the 1ed Realms or the Home campaign?

Where do you see the Knight class fitting in in the Realms?

Thanks in advance

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2006 :  00:28:30  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. Back in January Octa posted this: “Ed +THO, I've been trying to think up a question and I think I have one of general interest.
It concerns the Arn Rock in the center of the lake of steam. Everytime I look at it it screams Melnibone. There seems to be very little lore on the island. So my question is this:
Who was living on the Arn Rock before it went all Santorini? Were there any ancient civilisations centered there? We know that the lake of steam has been populated since pre-history, but it mainly considered a crossroads between Coramashan and Jhaamdath rather than a region in its own right. Were there any empires centered there, other than the Occasional Aencar uniting a few of the independent cities together for a single lifetime.
And the Arn Rock, any chance for an empire of draconic-human hybrids living there in the age of dragons or some other prehistoric time.
thanks for any additional information you can give, I know how busy you are and am just shocked at how accessible you make yourself to the fans.”
Ed replies:

Hi, Octa. Thanks for your thanks; yes, answering lore questions for scribes here does eat up time, but I enjoy doing it and I feel those who love the Realms deserve my time and attention. As I told attendees at my GoH panel at Ad Astra: writing books and games is a service industry, and you’re all my clients; keeping you happy is my job.
Now, as for keeping you personally happy in this instance: Arn Rock is indeed the remnant of a long, long-ago volcano that “blew up,” shattering the lava-tube-cavern-riddled mountain that once occupied the site - - and in the process blowing some red dragons (with their lairs) to tiny spattering bits. There is indeed a chance that draconic-human hybrids dwelt on this vanished volcanic isle, but I’d have to say their having an “empire” would have to be a generous interpretation, given the utter lack of evidence or lore concerning same, to date, and also considering the targets such hybrids would have been for so many of the dragons during the age of dragons. So unless the hybrids were under the protection of a really powerful dragon (looks at the ranks of dragon deities in the Realms that have been mentioned in lore) whom they perhaps worshipped, they’d be fast-made-extinct dinners rather than empire-builders (so a decadent, magically-powerful, wealthy Melniboné-like culture is out).
So yes to the possibility of hybrids dwelling there, no to a large empire of any sort centered there at any time, and yes to the crossroads nature of the Lake of Steam (which has seemingly always been actively volcanic), with possible ancient shore-dwelling cultures (but not large, sophisticated, powerful “civilizations”) and certainly yes to port cities hurled into ruins and now entirely “lost” (but existing as buried “dungeon” labyrinths, for those who dig and search energetically enough). Have fun. :}

So saith Ed. Interestingly, he always subtly steered us away from the Lake of Steam, suggesting he had some Plans of Note for it that he either never got around to developing or that he considered we Knights Not Yet Ready To Face. Hmmm . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  04:26:29  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Ed has sent me answers to just a few of many questions posed in the same posting by HunterOfStorms, to whit: “Hi Ed, I have another question relating to the Sea of Fallen Stars. I've noticed in the descriptions of Aglarond, that despite the original human settlers of its shores being fisher folk and the concentration of settlements along the coast, Aglarond is not considered to be much of a sea-faring nation - which is fair enough, they don't need to be. However, since they do have a small fleet of warships, I was wondering whether the ships of Aglarond are built in Aglarond, by their own shipwrights, or whether their vessels are commissioned elsewhere by more renowned ship builders. Which brings me to an actual series of questions :) Does Velprintalar have its own shipyards or even just a dry dock for maintenance and repairs? Would it cater to only its own ships or others who might limp into port? Which nations/cities around the Inner Sea are noted for their shipbuilding skills (besides Cormyr, that is)?”
Ed replies:

Folk of western Aglarond in particular fish daily, but their fishing is almost all near-shore coastal, in small boats, with drag-nets. There are, however, at least a score of energetic entrepreneurial seafaring merchants of Aglarond (independent loners rather than fleet-owners, and hence often ignored or overlooked by those considering naval power on a by-country basis), and all of its coastal settlements have shipwrights of accomplishment (and builders who work for them), with both ship repair slips and dry docks for laying down the keels of new ships. Local forests provide both planking and mast spars, and there are sail-makers in Aglarond, too, though most sails are purchased in Telflamm and the Vilhon purely for reasons of price (greater competition, cheaper labour).
So, yes, Velprintalar has its own shipyards and ship repair docks, catering to all visiting vessels (just as do almost all ports - - as opposed to fishing villages or mere anchorages - - around the Sea of Fallen Stars). Almost all of the lands and independent cities around the Inner Sea have competent shipbuilding skills and facilities (the Wizards’ Reach, Unther, and Mulhorand are the main exceptions, and such places as Calaunt, Scardale, and Telflamm are little trusted by visiting outlanders). Sembia has shipbuilders every bit as good as Cormyr’s, but in Sembia one gets what one pays for, and those who go for the cheaper builders get shoddier work. Alaghôn and Cimbar are in the next rank of shipbuilders, followed by Lyrabar (good repairers there), and then (a slight but definite step down) the “general run” of ports, such as Tantras.

So there you have it. Shipbuilding lore from the Great Sage himself.
A public service note: Ed has family descending on him tomorrow, and will fall e-silent from now until this coming Tuesday as the extended family Greenwood eats him out of house and home, plays endless computer games, goes gardening and drags Ed out to shop and dine in restaurants and go to farm and flea markets and car dealerships and oh, did I mention shop?
However, hang in there, scribes, and Ed Will Return.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  16:47:24  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
Dear Ed and Lady H.,

This came up in a recent game: how do Halruaans regard the Chosen of Mystra? There probably is no more Mystra-centric society around than Halruaa. But they are also quite insular. How do they feel about not having Halruaans among the Chosen?
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  00:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Ah, SUPERB questions, JK! Just the sort Ed likes.
I can tell you that Archveult is pronounced "Arch-VULL-t" and that some of your Pages questions concern material added by the TSR staffer who worked on that tome.
However, off they all go to Ed, who will no doubt reply extensively, in the fullness of time!
love,
THO

Thank you, Lady of the Hood!

I tried for half an hour a few days ago to locate someone's post about an item to record sound, but could not locate it. On the chance that it is somewhere in the 30+ pages preceding this, however, the best solution to the problem would be (from Pages From the Mages): Darsson's Music Box, which records sound for later playback. It apparently finds its principal use as a doorbell (!), but it would certainly be able to make a "live" recording of a speech, a bard's performance, or such-like. It cannot, however, provide the verbal component of a spell. (Although it would be interesting to create a spell whose verbal component had to be uttered by this spell or a Magic Mouth.)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

137 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  01:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message
The 'spellbook' for Milil in "Prayers From the Faithful" records words, music, etc.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2006 :  02:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
Hooded One do you know if Ed wrote the Ecology of the Dracolich in this months issue of Dragon?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2006 :  19:10:57  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message
Hi, a climate issue for the grandmaster of realmslore.

Elminster's Ecologies App 2, then Volo's Guide to Sword Cost and finally Serpent Kingdoms confirm the presence of Yuan-ti, Ophidians and Nagas in the Serpent Hills / Backlands / Wyrm's forest regions.

The climate of this region (as described in El's ecologies) seems a little harsh for these typical monsters of the jungles.

Can you explain why/how these creatures have adapted themselves to this region ? And if it's possible to meet them in a snow-covered forest of Wyrms during the winter months ?

I asked this question first in Eric's thread (you can see there what he answered).

Edited by - Skeptic on 07 May 2006 23:07:32
Go to Top of Page

RevJest
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2006 :  22:47:03  Show Profile  Visit RevJest's Homepage Send RevJest a Private Message
Another question to pass on, if you would Hooded One?

In suppliment "The North", on page 12, it states that a stone plaque was found on the Star Mounts with the inscription: "iqebaest Vhalraetaerl". Can you shed some light on what this means, and what it's all about?

- RJ
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  03:47:10  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello again,

Maybe I've overlooked it and someone else can point me in right direction, but does a form of "Rabies" exist in the Realms and if so how is it dealt with?

How do horses breed when bred with other animals, dragons, magical beast?

Are there any Rocs near the Sword Coast?
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  22:09:27  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hey All and Sage,

What type of orcs were present in Faerun prior to the Orcgates being opened in -1075? I'm asking cause to the Imaskari now out and about would orcs be an unknown race to them, or did they travel to the orc world during their reign?
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2879 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  22:22:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hey All and Sage,

What type of orcs were present in Faerun prior to the Orcgates being opened in -1075? I'm asking cause to the Imaskari now out and about would orcs be an unknown race to them, or did they travel to the orc world during their reign?

Mountain orcs existed previously to the opening of the Orcgates, and reportedly did not have much contact with the East. See Races of Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  02:14:04  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
I knew some type of orc was present just didn't remember where info was, thanks Arivia.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  03:00:32  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes. Ed’s back!
Speaking of “back,” back in November of last year, CrennenFaerieBane posted this query: “Mr. Greenwood, Did you create the rules that govern that when two elves of different subraces come together and procreate, that the children take the traits of one parent or the other? I know that this first appeared in the Gray Box, but I didn't know the source of the rule. Thank you much.”
Ed replies:

No, I didn’t write that particular text; I suspect Jeff Grubb did, or Karen Boomgaarden [yes, that’s her correct preferred surname spelling, not mistyping] did, following an internal TSR design decision.
It’s one I agree with as a designer, though, because it makes possible some of the already-by-then-written-into-lore racial haughtiness of the drow and the gold or high elves, and it avoids the morass of “special” elf crossbreeds that gamers were at the time submitting to The Dragon (as DRAGON Magazine was known back then) as articles promoting their own elf subraces that had daily racial spells plus gold-flecked eyes that could shoot firebeams, or daily racial spells plus silver-flecked eyes that could shoot lightning bolts, and (my personal favourite) the elves that shat sapphires (talk about a personal neverending money source; the writer seemed to have no idea that if such crossbreeds grew numerous, the value of sapphires would fall to almost nothing, and had instead postulated that they’d already secretly become the equivalent of billionaires, and hence the Secret Masters of most kingdoms, bankrolling kings and guilds alike).

So saith Ed. Ah, yes; I recall Ed’s parody of this: a waddling little “old fat cat” -like monster that ate human excrement and crapped little steaming handfuls of diamonds. The Company of Crazed Venturers found one in Undermountain, but it was stolen from them by an evil mage whose attempts to discover HOW the poor little critter “worked” killed said Sh*t-Eater. Whereupon, of course, the Crazed Venturers cut open the evil mage to discover just why he’d found it necessary to kill such a golden goose. Then they carved up the mage’s long-suffering servant, who’d been starving, and had cooked and eaten the remains of the Sh*t-Eater. You might say it was, er, a last meal that fatally disagreed with him.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  03:07:35  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
I must say . . . I missed all of those elven subraces . . . and I thought Snow Elves and Ghost Elves were a stretch . . .

"Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder."--Saint Thomas Aquinas

http://knighterrantjr.blogspot.com/

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 09 May 2006 03:08:18
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1792 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  14:08:40  Show Profile  Click to see Purple Dragon Knight's MSN Messenger address Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
Sh*t-Eater hey? ha ha ha! I'm glad to see that even the most noble of gaming groups always have their "direct-descriptive" moments!
Go to Top of Page

MadRat
Acolyte

Russia
9 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Visit MadRat's Homepage  Send MadRat an ICQ Message Send MadRat a Private Message
Well met!
I was looking for a symbol of an ancient Netheril. I'm looked through many books and asked on the "Sages of Realmslore" board but found nothing and was directed to Ed.
So I have a question for Ed: What was the symbol or flag of Netheril as a whole. Also, I'm interested, was that symbol the same in the early pre-mythallar era and in The Golden Era of Netheril? And what was the symbols of particular enclaves, if there was any? The Xinlenal, the first enclave of Netheril, enclave of Ioulaum, is the one I most interested in. And also what was the mage sigil of Ioulaum?

The sword of truth is forged by the hammer of reason.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  01:26:40  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, scribes of the Realms. This time, Ed makes reply to KnightErrantJR’s October 2005 query: “Good Ed, Master of all things that go bump in the Realms . . . Are the Phaerimm supposed to have rows of eyes running from their maw down to their tails, as they are illustrated in their first appearance in FR13 Anauroch. Current illustrations show them as plain looking funnels with arms and a mouth, but I rather liked the rows of eyes and spikes. Was this just an artistic flourish from Valerie Valusek, or did you describe the rows of eyes originally, but it just didn't make it into the description of the monster in their MC entry?
Thanks Ed!”
Ed speaks:

I did indeed both illustrate the Phaerimm and describe them textually in my initial monster description (submitted to TSR in 1991, I believe) as having rows of eyes (protected by Pc-sword-snagging spikes), so they couldn’t easily be blinded, and so that gaze-related spells they unleashed could utilize eyes pointing in almost any direction. Like so many other things, the text got edited for reasons of brevity, and so the illustration showed rows of eyes without any explanation.

So saith Ed. Who’s being SO polite and nice about it; as an editor, I often roll my eyes and say VERY unladylike things about game editing work that ends up causing more argument and controversy among gamers than the original design texts could ever have caused.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  01:48:16  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
You!?! Unladylike things... Well, I never would have believed that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  02:08:45  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
I love that Valerie Valusek illustration of the Phaerimm, and I think it makes them look much more intimidating than some more modern interpretations.

Thanks Ed, and THO for the relay . . .

"Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder."--Saint Thomas Aquinas

http://knighterrantjr.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

HunterOfStorms
Seeker

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  02:08:54  Show Profile  Visit HunterOfStorms's Homepage Send HunterOfStorms a Private Message
quote:

Ed replies:

Folk of western Aglarond in particular fish daily, but their fishing is almost all near-shore coastal, in small boats, with drag-nets. There are, however, at least a score of energetic entrepreneurial seafaring merchants of Aglarond (independent loners rather than fleet-owners, and hence often ignored or overlooked by those considering naval power on a by-country basis), and all of its coastal settlements have shipwrights of accomplishment (and builders who work for them), with both ship repair slips and dry docks for laying down the keels of new ships. Local forests provide both planking and mast spars, and there are sail-makers in Aglarond, too, though most sails are purchased in Telflamm and the Vilhon purely for reasons of price (greater competition, cheaper labour).
So, yes, Velprintalar has its own shipyards and ship repair docks, catering to all visiting vessels (just as do almost all ports - - as opposed to fishing villages or mere anchorages - - around the Sea of Fallen Stars). Almost all of the lands and independent cities around the Inner Sea have competent shipbuilding skills and facilities (the Wizards’ Reach, Unther, and Mulhorand are the main exceptions, and such places as Calaunt, Scardale, and Telflamm are little trusted by visiting outlanders). Sembia has shipbuilders every bit as good as Cormyr’s, but in Sembia one gets what one pays for, and those who go for the cheaper builders get shoddier work. Alaghôn and Cimbar are in the next rank of shipbuilders, followed by Lyrabar (good repairers there), and then (a slight but definite step down) the “general run” of ports, such as Tantras.

So there you have it. Shipbuilding lore from the Great Sage himself.
A public service note: Ed has family descending on him tomorrow, and will fall e-silent from now until this coming Tuesday as the extended family Greenwood eats him out of house and home, plays endless computer games, goes gardening and drags Ed out to shop and dine in restaurants and go to farm and flea markets and car dealerships and oh, did I mention shop?
However, hang in there, scribes, and Ed Will Return.
love to all,
THO

Thanks Ed and welcome back.
This shibbuilding lore is just the sort of flavour framework I like to play with in dealing with a group who have so far manage to be responsible for sinking one ship (well, being blamed for its storm wreck) and severely damaging another they 'borrowed'.

On a completely unrelated note, I came across a reference to a baby daughter of Merith Strongbow and Jhessail Silvertree. Since that was dated the Year of the Prince or shortly after, I was curious as to whether they had any more children and whether they would have retired to bring up any further children of theirs. Or would children be semi-fostered with trusted friends, as Veluthil was looked after by Illistyl Elventree? Would any children be encouraged one way or the other, to become adventurers or to lead 'ordinary' lives? Also, since Jhessail proved herself to folk of the Elven Court in order to marry Merith, does this mean Merith's family had some particular status amongst the Teu Tel'Quessir - or was it more a case of respecting the community in general?

Yes, I'm sufficiently intrigued by the Realms to wonder about what future generations might look like and what they might do with their lives.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  18:12:33  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
Ed,

Demihuman Deities says that Corellon has dark elven clergy and some posters like to argue about that passage. So my question is, does he allow dark elven divine casters or are those clergy just lay worshippers? One of the arguements is, "Well, there's no listed NPC's that are dark elven divine casters of Corellon and so I don't believe he has dark elves worshipping him."

I asked this of Eric also, since he worked on DD.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 10 May 2006 18:30:45
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  21:18:34  Show Profile  Click to see Foxhelm's MSN Messenger address  Send Foxhelm a Yahoo! Message Send Foxhelm a Private Message
I originally asked Eric Boyd about this, but Kuje said since you created them, you might know better. These are questions about Song Dragons in reaction to Races of Dragons and Monsters of Faerun.

I was just curious if you could give me some details about Song Dragons, as I am thinking of creating a Song half dragon character and need more details. Unless it is NDA with Dragons of Faerun.

Like what is the colour of their electrically charged gas? Does it spark with juice?

With Kuje's info, I am curious about Half Song Dragons. Is it possible for them to occur naturally? (Creature father/Song dRagon Mother) Or do they just result from mystical sources. (Like the Dragon Disciple Prestage Class.) If so, is Narnra a Half Song DRagon who's draconic nature was supressed by some method (like a spell from her mother?)

What is the character classes that Song Half Dragons tend to favour? Is it like the Copper Dragons they look like? (In RoDragons, Copper Dragons tend to favour the Rogue and the Bard. With the notes in Monsters of Faerun and their name, I can see the bard.)

This is just some of the questions that have popped up now. I hope you can answer son of the unless they are NDA due to DoF. Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000