Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Dragonking...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  18:21:56  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

My questions are: is Sune an interloper goddess, and if so from which pantheon? I know Tyr is, and Corellon is worshipped by elves all over the place, but what about Sune?
Sune isn't an interloper deity. Ed's Down to Earth Divinities in DRAGON #54 tells us that Sune was inspired by Aphrodite.

I have a "sometimes" theory however that Sune may in fact be a separated aspect of Aphrodite and interloped with her sister Tyche, into the Realms.

quote:
And second, what's the Far Realm? What book did I miss that I don't know about it?
The Far Realm is a Lovecraft-inspired realm of madness. Its most recent detailing was in Manual of the Planes 3e. It received several mentions in the older lore... mostly in relation to illithids -- The Illithiad being a prime example of this.

Well, Sage, Hoondatha raised the same question which I did in a scroll of my own which I penned in ignorance of this one. Tyr and Correllon are multi-sphere deities, but Sune apparently isn't. I think the time hath come to finally ask Ed about her and the Dragonking, and pray that he doesn't just tell us that it's a mystery of the gods!

OT to poor scribes: to make a quick bit of cash, wager your group's self-proclaimed experts on the Realms that they can't name the deity who has access to the highest arcane spellcasting slot. Or the one non-evil deity who has a higher divine rank than Cyric.

Answers: Sune(!!!), with spell slot twenty available to her, more than Azuth (19) or Mystra Mk II (18). The non-evil deity who can kick Cyric's butt? Chauntea!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000