Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite noble family
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  04:55:43  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised the Harpells haven't gotten more love. Who wouldn't love a bunch of wizards who come up with weird crossbreeds like a horse/frog?

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  06:37:09  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I'm surprised the Harpells haven't gotten more love. Who wouldn't love a bunch of wizards who come up with weird crossbreeds like a horse/frog?

I like them myself. But my love for the Tanthuls is beyond compare.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  10:12:31  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They aren't interesting, weird in a way Elminster is weird.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  12:39:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

They aren't interesting, weird in a way Elminster is weird.

They are as interesting as Elminster.

----

The Baranovs (From Davidson's novels) should have crossed over to FR...so we'll see all the people of Toril tremble...with laughter!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

KacyCrawford
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  14:26:04  Show Profile Send KacyCrawford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite is Cormaeril
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2013 :  02:11:05  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, for me it is the Uskevrens...

Halls of Stormweather was a great introduction and although most novels without Erevis Cale were rather bland, I still like the family as such.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2013 :  04:28:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Revisiting my years-old answer...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I guess I could pick a noble family, but they're not on the list: the Hawkwinters of Waterdeep. The main reason I like them is because one of my fave characters (that I've played) was an illegitimate (and unacknowledged) son of that family.

I recently needed another Waterdhavian noble family, for the background of one of the characters for my now off-again Inn that I am populating. Looking over the nobles, I am now digging the Tesper family, as well.

And the Scatterhawks of Cormyr, just because Scatterhawk is such a cool name, and one I really wish I'd thought of.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Oct 2013 04:29:03
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2013 :  13:03:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a 'Wyvernspur' man, m'self.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2013 :  13:03:17  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the Battlehammers , a steadfast and honorable noble family.
Its a pity Bruenor never had any biological children
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2013 :  04:12:43  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Me King! Me King and me friend!"

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2013 :  04:47:31  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Leafbower clan (Aldyn, Kendel, Mariona, Vallus...) a noble House?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 03 Oct 2013 16:11:38
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2013 :  06:46:03  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for the Obarskyrs, but after reading Evermeet a couple weeks ago, I actually wish I could vote for the Moonflowers as well (not to mention the Battlehammers, the Harpells, the Wyvernspurs...)
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2013 :  15:45:27  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moonflower...
Go to Top of Page

Neo2151
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  09:36:33  Show Profile Send Neo2151 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the list? Obarskyr.

But honestly, I like the Wyvernspurs, Uskevrens, and Vyshaans more. :)

"Come looking for me, and I will blast you to dust, and then lay waste to all your descendants, ancestors, and the realm you came from, every last tree and stone of it. Why? Well, it's what I usually do."

-Baerendra Riverhand on The Story of Spellfire
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  16:00:17  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Noble family? has to be Family Cormyr for me as they have managed to hang onto the throne for 1400+ years despite all the backstabbing, politics, mad kings, invasion from pirate kings, Arabel rebelling every 20 years or so etc etc etc

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  18:03:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roaringhorns ...... they got that whole partying like there's no tomorrow and living the life of a mercenary..... and they chase unicorns and the next rainbow around the corner.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  18:05:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But more seriously, the Agneh family of Thay has been the most used by me, though the homebrew Tarsorek noble family of Thay has been the more..... guess the best word is fervent.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2013 :  06:20:37  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me, its the Shoon family. In my realms, there are several surviving Shoons: The Demilich Shoon, Amahl of the Nine Whirlwinds, and a family of their descendents who might one day rise again. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:19:56  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do'Urden since I am not familiar with some of the others.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:28:34  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Orbaskyr because their family members (as of the 1370s) were quite interesting in the novels. I also agree that the poll is limited though.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000