Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Florin Falconhand - Where is this guy?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  17:37:00  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
We've had tons of info on Dove and all of her sisters - but I haven't seen much in the way of any information on Dove's man. Anyone know where he is or what he's doing now?

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  17:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe there's a reference to him being in Shadowdale in the last 100 pages or so of Elminster's Daughter...
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  18:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I believe there's a reference to him being in Shadowdale in the last 100 pages or so of Elminster's Daughter...

Yeah.

p.321:

quote:
Florin Falconhand was whistling softly as he traversed the well-worn flagstones that led to Elminster's tower.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  18:49:15  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that the only references, though? Just in El's Daughter? One would wonder why he never showed up in Silverfall or any other book with the sisters... oh well.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  18:55:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because most of the time he's been on Evermeet raising thier son. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  19:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But Wizards is also sticking to its gentlemen's agreement not to lock down the exact movements of Ed's PCs.
Go to Top of Page

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  20:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He may appear in the Knigths of Myth Drannor trilogy that Ed Greenwood is/will be writing.

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", Brandobaris´ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  21:05:36  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talanfir Swiftfeet

He may appear in the Knigths of Myth Drannor trilogy that Ed Greenwood is/will be writing.

Actually, I think that judging by what Ed has said about this trilogy, he will certainly appear in the Knights of Myth Drannor-trilogy. However, as those books will detail the past of the Knights, that really doesn't help in placing his current whereabouts

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

msatran
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  03:58:56  Show Profile  Visit msatran's Homepage Send msatran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, actually, I think Florin is approaching middle age. Would YOU want to be seen in a sourcebook as a geezer?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  04:04:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florin is a central character in SWORDS OF EVENINGSTAR, Ed tells me. He also added that "you'll be surprised" at what we see of Florin, before the end of the trilogy.
I'm sure that'll help answer your question fully.
(Sorry.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  04:40:32  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget . . . (Spoilers)

He did slap a Thayan wizard with a fish in Elminster's Daughter . . . what more do you want?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  06:00:34  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by msatran

Well, actually, I think Florin is approaching middle age. Would YOU want to be seen in a sourcebook as a geezer?

If I can look as good as say, Robert Redford, or Tom Cruise after 40, sure.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  10:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Don't forget . . . (Spoilers)

He did slap a Thayan wizard with a fish in Elminster's Daughter . . . what more do you want?

And if that's not a resounding endorsement, I don't know what is.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  15:06:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
check the old gray box (1st edition) and you'll find stuff on Florin, plus wasn't he in Spellfire with the other knights of Myth Drannor (or maybe I've been eating too much turkey and its rotted my brain).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  15:51:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on - I just thought I'd ask since I've known that Dove was married, but had absolutely no clue as to where her spouse was. And since he appeared in El's Daughter (which I haven't read), that makes sense.

Welcome back, THO! We missed you!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  17:23:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Right on - I just thought I'd ask since I've known that Dove was married, but had absolutely no clue as to where her spouse was. And since he appeared in El's Daughter (which I haven't read), that makes sense.

Welcome back, THO! We missed you!

C-Fb

As I said, most of the time he's on Evermeet raising thier son. :) Before that, he's probably all over the place.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Nov 2005 17:24:03
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  17:38:00  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah - should I ever ask why a human is raising her son on Evermeet?

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  18:37:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

Because they are elf friends and some humans are allowed on the isle. :) Mara, Laeral's daughter, is/was as well plus a handful of other humans that aren't all Chosen's.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  19:13:32  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C-Fb

He bribed the gatekeeper.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  21:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Florin is a central character in SWORDS OF EVENINGSTAR, Ed tells me. He also added that "you'll be surprised" at what we see of Florin, before the end of the trilogy.
I'm sure that'll help answer your question fully.
(Sorry.)
love,
THO

OK, now I *really* can't wait for this book.

On a side note, who said being middle-aged makes one unattractive (a geezer?). Look at how deeply entrenched the youth-oriented culture is. Geez, it's as if life is pretty much over once you leave your 20s/30s.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 25 Nov 2005 21:45:27
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2005 :  00:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
On a side note, who said being middle-aged makes one unattractive (a geezer?). Look at how deeply entrenched the youth-oriented culture is. Geez, it's as if life is pretty much over once you leave your 20s/30s.

I HAVE WRINKLES!

*commits suicide*
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2005 :  02:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. I've actually begun to wonder if most people actually hit their peak when they are older, not when they are spring chickens. Youth is the time when people tend to make more stupid mistakes.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  00:51:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the ages of 24-55 are pretty peak years, actually. Especially in today's society - we are living longer and doing more active things (well, not all of us! ). If Florin keeps up my exercise regimen, I'm sure he's still the man!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

TonyMontana1638
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  03:12:57  Show Profile  Visit TonyMontana1638's Homepage Send TonyMontana1638 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is mentioned, albeit briefly, in the occasional book centered in Shadowdale usually alongside another Knight of MD... I remember him being enchanted and flying around fighting a dragon in one of the books, can't remember which though...

... Actually this post probably didn't help at all really ...

"Don't give up... Don't ever give up."
-Jimmy Valvano

The V Foundation for Cancer Research
http://www.jimmyv.org/
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  04:33:47  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries - seems good Florin is used to being MIA.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Aelf
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  06:05:50  Show Profile Send Aelf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pardon me if I garble this as I'm a math guy ...

The Greeks (circa Herodotus) believed that 40 was the age to expect the first great accomplishment from someone. To that extent the date of their first accomplishment was recorded and subtracting 40 for the birth year was an "exercise for the reader."

I mention this as both to archaicly refute the "youth oriented culture" and also to plug a grand inspiration of plot ideas.

Decent reference of online translations: http://www.isidore-of-seville.com/herodotus/3.html

Aelf,
Friendly neighborhood bard

Regards,
Aelf, a bard of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  14:37:30  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
However - culture has changed quite a bit since Greek philosophers were around. Western European, Eastern Asian, and American culture are all heavily youth-oriented now. The advent of BoTox, Plastic Surgery, and Oil of Olay are sure signs of this.

C-Fb

P.s. - Back to topic, though - if Florin is on Evermeet with their child, do we have his/her name or even the gender of this child?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  17:44:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

P.s. - Back to topic, though - if Florin is on Evermeet with their child, do we have his/her name or even the gender of this child?

Children of the Seven Sisters

Dove and Florin have a son named Azalar
Qilue has a daughter named Ysolde (now deceased)
Laeral has a daughter named Maura, who is the consort of the Crown Prince Lamruil of Evermeet.
Storm is barren so says the Seven Sisters sourcebook.
Its never been said if Sylune or the Simbul have children.
Alustriel has 12 male children all was the surname of Aerasume. Their names are (alphabetically) Andelver, Boesild, Dolthauvin, Elinthalar, Ghaelryss, Inthylyn, Lilinthar, Methrammar, Naerond, Raerilarr, Tarthilmor, and Uoundeld. She also has female children that have never appeared in realmslore.

Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  03:59:22  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used Florin and Dove as NPCs in the past.

I can't wait to get my hands on Swords of Eveningstar.

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  14:23:21  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crust

I've used Florin and Dove as NPCs in the past.

I can't wait to get my hands on Swords of Eveningstar.

I've used most of the Seven Sisters as NPCs in my games. They have a very ethereal quality about them. Thanks, Kuje, for the information above. Alustriel has been busy - she must like the pain of the "terrible twos."

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  17:43:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've used most of the Seven Sisters as NPCs in my games. They have a very ethereal quality about them. Thanks, Kuje, for the information above. Alustriel has been busy - she must like the pain of the "terrible twos."

C-Fb

Yeah she must but it's also Mystra, since none of the Chosen of Mystra can get with child without Mystra's permission, decided that Alustriel was the one who was going to bare that many for a specific reason. We haven't learned what the reason is though.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000