Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Where do we live? - Put yourself on the map.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2009 :  17:04:24  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well thought I'd add myself to the map and share Australia with the Sage of Perth

Bellingen, my home town...and also the place where I first discovered the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  12:49:04  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Living in England at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Cain
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2009 :  08:54:44  Show Profile  Visit Cain's Homepage Send Cain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't get the link to work but...

New England, United States, and more specifically Massachusetts (and just over an hour away from Salvatore's home town I
might add).

“Pride can keep you alive, providing, of course, you can keep it from getting you killed.” - Cain (Me)
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  00:57:39  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a Chicago area girl myself

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Callmebean
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2010 :  21:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Callmebean's Homepage Send Callmebean a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NEW York city!

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  08:28:25  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and may the music of the Realms guide you to many places and wonders.I'm from Kazakhstan. Pleased to meet you.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Hellblazer
Acolyte

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2010 :  06:46:08  Show Profile Send Hellblazer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I represent my greetings,from Vancouver,BC.

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  10:09:46  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi from Poland, which is currently in national mourning...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  00:29:33  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one from Elventree!?

I have been known to stay in Dayton, OH from time to time.

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

dragonlad02
Acolyte

Australia
0 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  11:30:34  Show Profile  Visit dragonlad02's Homepage Send dragonlad02 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gday all, from Sydney Australia.

Why is it when a mage says oops something goes boom?
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  14:12:00  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm from OLD York City, England

I'm Back!

Edited by - Delzounblood on 21 May 2010 14:12:48
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  17:33:58  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon =

The Lone Star State =

<Texas>, USA

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

jokerman
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2010 :  19:49:50  Show Profile  Visit jokerman's Homepage Send jokerman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greenville,SC,USA
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  00:13:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jokerman

Greenville,SC,USA

That's where my father-in-law lives!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hooch9
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  03:32:28  Show Profile  Visit Hooch9's Homepage Send Hooch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in a small town in Upper Northern California. A little town called Redding. I used to live in an even smaller, more redneck town called Red Bluff (yep, so redneck we have the word "red" in our town's name).

It's a fun little part of the world

Sheriff: Oh one other thing Earlie. Your boy needs to be in school.
Earlie Cuyler: School? Ain't dat da damn place where they got all dem uhh lets see, whatcha call um uhh? Fold outs covered in scriblins wrote up all over.
Earlie Cuyler: uhh? Books?
Earlie Cuyler: uh-uh, uh-uh, No they square like a magazine.
Sheriff: Books Earlie.
Earlie Cuyler: Noo not not that, but something like that, I wanna say boooooo...

"Don't you start with me. I have hobbies. I collect autographs. I don't Judge you for all those books you read!"

-Both of those quotes are from Squidbillies.
Go to Top of Page

Sathen
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  10:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Sathen's Homepage Send Sathen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mesa, Arizona at the moment. Tho I started my gaming days 30 years ago in Quincy California.
Go to Top of Page

Jorin Embersmith
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  02:18:58  Show Profile Send Jorin Embersmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Los Altos, California! (That be in the Bay Area, for those who don't ken)

Karavarus: I polymorph into a Hydra and let loose a bellowing roar! Is he intimidated?
Me: No, but the female hydra behind him certainly notices you...
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2011 :  21:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greenville, SC. :)

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2011 :  21:49:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Greenville, SC. :)

Nice place. My father-in-law lives there.

Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  16:32:53  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, fellow scribes!

I'm right between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Link to the map appears broken? I can't view the map. I just get options to go to Frappr beta search engine.

In Faerun, it would be on the Chultan peninsula. Soggy, and full of jungle dwarves. Lots of dinosaurs that will eat your pets if they stray. I have found a serious alehouse of rare variety, which is a great relief to me.

Hometown will always be Golden, Colorado. Outskirts of Denver, foothills of the Rockies. Much beer is made in that little town! I'd like to think of a town in Faerun to equate it to. The School of Mines is there, and Coors brewery. So I'm thinking dwarves.

Lots of gems and lapidary shops too, so it needs a healthy community of gnomes. A few wealthy half-elves. There are elves to the North, and human barbarians in the nearby mountains. Its all pine trees dotted with aspen groves rather than giant redwoods or the variety of oak and elm found in other places. Hmm...

Favored brat of Beshaba. (Which is just as awful as it sounds.)

Edited by - Sinjin Oban on 09 May 2011 17:04:45
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  03:11:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sinjin Oban

Well met, fellow scribes!

I'm right between Orlando and Daytona Beach.

Where? I'm on the Space Coast, meself.

Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  13:30:31  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reside in a cultural and economic wasteland known as "Deltona". I have to admit, the view from my backyard is lovely. There's a lake and tall trees. Birds of an alarmingly large variety. Nearby springs if I feel the need to take a dip. Daytona Beach is only 20 minutes away. So its not all bad.

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler. I saw the last shuttle take off from a distance. Made me giddy like a child.

Good to know there are fellow scribes in the area too! Makes this place much more hospitable.

Edited by - Sinjin Oban on 10 May 2011 13:49:30
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  17:10:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I reside in a cultural and economic wasteland known as "Deltona". I have to admit, the view from my backyard is lovely. There's a lake and tall trees. Birds of an alarmingly large variety. Nearby springs if I feel the need to take a dip. Daytona Beach is only 20 minutes away. So its not all bad.

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler. I saw the last shuttle take off from a distance. Made me giddy like a child.

Good to know there are fellow scribes in the area too! Makes this place much more hospitable.

I've been there, but I can't say it was particularly notable for me. I live in Melbourne, myself, and we have a pretty good view of launches.

Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  21:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lancashire, where 'aye' is still very much part of the common parlance.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2011 :  03:16:19  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decatur, Texas- which is somewhere between the Boonies, and BFE. I jest. It's about a half hour from Denton, the nearest city with a mall or anything resembling a book or entertainment store. (Hastings, to be exact.) It's also a bit north of Fort Worth, but far enough away to be hicksville compared to the DFW area. A town of about 5,000 people, none of whom seem to know what "gaming" is, much less D&D!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

danielb
Acolyte

New Zealand
0 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  22:12:56  Show Profile Send danielb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in Whangarei, New Zealand. I just got back from a 5 year stint in Sydney and moved ehre with my young family for the stress free lifestyle. Sadly I cant find a gaming group here and there are no clubs or game shops.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  22:54:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danielb

I live in Whangarei, New Zealand. I just got back from a 5 year stint in Sydney and moved ehre with my young family for the stress free lifestyle. Sadly I cant find a gaming group here and there are no clubs or game shops.

How is that supposed to be stress-free?!?

Go to Top of Page

Gabrielle_H
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  07:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Gabrielle_H's Homepage Send Gabrielle_H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler.

"Space Coast" does sound exceedingly cool. When I see it, I always hear it in a "Spaaaace Ghooooost" sort of voice in my head. Or envision night sky lapping against the sand.

"Bay Area" (to put my own pin in the map) sounds so bland in comparison.

Gabrielle Harbowy, scribe and editrix
http://www.gabrielle-edits.com
twitter: @gabrielle_h
Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2011 :  14:31:15  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear "Spaaaace Ghoooost" all day, every day. That's what I get for falling asleep to it all the time and letting it invade my dreams and subconscious.

Whenever I think "Bay Area" I always think of music. Creedence Clearwater Revival to be exact. They were from the Bay Area, but sounded like they were from Louisiana. That's a tricky thing to do.

I'm considering moving back to the "Sun Coast" in a few weeks. That's the Gulf Coast of Florida, south of Tampa. Clearwater and Siesta Key beaches are among the best in the world. No waves for surfing, but there's a lot of kite boarding.

I should probably be planning to get out of Florida completely, I think we're about to have another brutal hurricane season this fall.

Batten down the hatches, Wooly!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2011 :  15:13:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hear "Spaaaace Ghoooost" all day, every day. That's what I get for falling asleep to it all the time and letting it invade my dreams and subconscious.

Whenever I think "Bay Area" I always think of music. Creedence Clearwater Revival to be exact. They were from the Bay Area, but sounded like they were from Louisiana. That's a tricky thing to do.

I'm considering moving back to the "Sun Coast" in a few weeks. That's the Gulf Coast of Florida, south of Tampa. Clearwater and Siesta Key beaches are among the best in the world. No waves for surfing, but there's a lot of kite boarding.

I should probably be planning to get out of Florida completely, I think we're about to have another brutal hurricane season this fall.

Batten down the hatches, Wooly!

Actually, where I am is relatively safe -- it's why NASA is here. Between barrier islands and the way the currents flow, this area rarely gets hit -- hurricanes are usually deflected away from us. Other than 2004, which was a fluke, I've only been thru a handful of storms, mostly Tropical Storm strength or Cat 1, with only one or two that were Cat 2.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000