Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Where do we live? - Put yourself on the map.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Khaa
Learned Scribe

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  16:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive noticed a lot of people in the U.S., some even less than 6 hours away....

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29707 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  17:40:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Khaa

Ive noticed a lot of people in the U.S., some even less than 6 hours away....

The closest one to me is in Mississippi...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  18:12:36  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah, the closest one to me is in Denmark!!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  18:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage  Click to see Chosen of Moradin's MSN Messenger address Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, aparently, the closest one to me is in South Africa..

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  21:41:55  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! Just added myself. Second one living in Germany so far.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2005 :  15:53:37  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Bah, the closest one to me is in Denmark!!

The closest to me is Krash. Yay!

I've also updated my image with a snap taken at a SW-themed fancy dress party that both I and the Lady K attended this evening.

Enjoy .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 11 Dec 2005 15:54:51
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
724 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2005 :  19:24:45  Show Profile  Click to see Thelonius's MSN Messenger address Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A really frightening one, Sage! Now you really look like the Sith Lord of Waterdeep.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2005 :  23:56:17  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage  Send The Cardinal an AOL message  Send The Cardinal an ICQ Message  Click to see The Cardinal's MSN Messenger address  Send The Cardinal a Yahoo! Message Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh heh heh, Looking Ominous Sage

Anyways dispite better judgement we have added ourselves to this collective map. Seems that we are isolated from the genral poplulous of Candlekeepers, although we are glad to see a mere handful equal to or further north than us The Northerners have to unite

PS: That drawn pic is as close as any are going to get of seeing the True Cardinal

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 11 Dec 2005 23:57:29
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  01:21:11  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...I'm going to have to re-install my Atlas to find out whether I retain my position as 2nd northernmost Candlekeep-sage (on that map, I know of at least two Swedes who live farther north, and all the Finns and Norwegians, as well, that hasn't signed on yet).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 12 Dec 2005 01:21:37
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  21:23:37  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in. I can't quite believe that there are only two of us in the UK, but seeing as the other one's the wise Alaundo himself, I guess I'm in good company!

Ever been to Southport anyone?

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5567 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  22:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J D Dunsany

I'm in. I can't quite believe that there are only two of us in the UK, but seeing as the other one's the wise Alaundo himself, I guess I'm in good company!

Ever been to Southport anyone?

Well met

Ahhh, thy company is more than welcome. I was beginning to feel a little isolated and lonely up here

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Malarick
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  00:24:49  Show Profile Send Malarick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm in. I can't quite believe that there are only two of us in the UK

I think you will find there are more brits around here than you think

Malarick
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  00:31:39  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No disrespect intended Malarick. There are, as you say, plenty of Brits active on the forums. Only two of us have got around to signing up on the map though. It'd be nice to see some more... (As hints go, that wasn't very subtle really, was it? )

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2869 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  00:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malarick

quote:

I'm in. I can't quite believe that there are only two of us in the UK

I think you will find there are more brits around here than you think

Yes, there's a veritable hive of you...
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  00:43:29  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in a hovel in Los Angeles. I also have an opening for a player in my Waterdeep1360 campaign.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2869 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  01:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I live in a hovel in Los Angeles. I also have an opening for a player in my Waterdeep1360 campaign.

Online or in person? Either way, I'm currently having great success with WotC's Gamer Classifieds service(no joke).
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  06:23:16  Show Profile  Visit Dhomal's Homepage Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know how to get the map to 'behave'? I would like to look at the area around me - but I cant figure out how to get the map to move and then stop again.

2) Has anyone had any computer issues after checking the map? Every time I end up looking at the map the computer freezes up on me afterwards.

Thanks!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  06:52:06  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had no problems with the map so far. And all you need to do to move it (with Internet Explorer 6) is click on the map and drag it - or click on the buttons at the upper left corner of the screen (above the slide for level of detail if my memory serves me right).

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Tiziano
Seeker

Italy
36 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  21:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Tiziano's Homepage Send Tiziano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like the nearest to me lives in Hungary... :-(

http://www.portraitadoption.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  02:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage  Send Sadonayerah Odrydin an AOL message  Send Sadonayerah Odrydin an ICQ Message  Click to see Sadonayerah Odrydin's MSN Messenger address Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm there now. In little Spokane Washington USA. When I find a good picture maybe I'll post it up. *laughs*

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29707 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  03:27:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only two scribes in all of the Southeastern US... What's up with that?!?

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  15:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage  Click to see Reefy's MSN Messenger address Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a new Brit to keep you company - I went with Cambridge as that was the closest place it would allow me.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

thom
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  15:17:39  Show Profile  Visit thom's Homepage Send thom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in! Ooh...Texas is a pretty big state to have only 1 person!
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  22:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Online or in person? Either way, I'm currently having great success with WotC's Gamer Classifieds service(no joke).

It's a virtual hovel.

(Hey! That's almost humorous!)

The game is in person. The players have just discovered that a Priest-Librarian of Deneir of whom they have heard much is really, really excited about their impending burglary of Hero's Rest (I think that's the name -- a.k.a. "Cold Comfort," the southernmost Cliffside rental mansion).

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  04:40:47  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Only two scribes in all of the Southeastern US... What's up with that?!?

Make one more. And, now you know what a proper dwarf looks like!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000