Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Where do we live? - Put yourself on the map.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Sathen
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  10:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Sathen's Homepage Send Sathen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mesa, Arizona at the moment. Tho I started my gaming days 30 years ago in Quincy California.
Go to Top of Page

Jorin Embersmith
Seeker

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  02:18:58  Show Profile Send Jorin Embersmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Los Altos, California! (That be in the Bay Area, for those who don't ken)

Karavarus: I polymorph into a Hydra and let loose a bellowing roar! Is he intimidated?
Me: No, but the female hydra behind him certainly notices you...
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1231 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2011 :  21:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greenville, SC. :)

- Delwa Aunglor of Tangled Trees
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

My Forging the Realms Archives (Google Drive pdfs)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2011 :  21:49:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Greenville, SC. :)

Nice place. My father-in-law lives there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  16:32:53  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, fellow scribes!

I'm right between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Link to the map appears broken? I can't view the map. I just get options to go to Frappr beta search engine.

In Faerun, it would be on the Chultan peninsula. Soggy, and full of jungle dwarves. Lots of dinosaurs that will eat your pets if they stray. I have found a serious alehouse of rare variety, which is a great relief to me.

Hometown will always be Golden, Colorado. Outskirts of Denver, foothills of the Rockies. Much beer is made in that little town! I'd like to think of a town in Faerun to equate it to. The School of Mines is there, and Coors brewery. So I'm thinking dwarves.

Lots of gems and lapidary shops too, so it needs a healthy community of gnomes. A few wealthy half-elves. There are elves to the North, and human barbarians in the nearby mountains. Its all pine trees dotted with aspen groves rather than giant redwoods or the variety of oak and elm found in other places. Hmm...

Favored brat of Beshaba. (Which is just as awful as it sounds.)

Edited by - Sinjin Oban on 09 May 2011 17:04:45
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  03:11:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sinjin Oban

Well met, fellow scribes!

I'm right between Orlando and Daytona Beach.

Where? I'm on the Space Coast, meself.

Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  13:30:31  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reside in a cultural and economic wasteland known as "Deltona". I have to admit, the view from my backyard is lovely. There's a lake and tall trees. Birds of an alarmingly large variety. Nearby springs if I feel the need to take a dip. Daytona Beach is only 20 minutes away. So its not all bad.

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler. I saw the last shuttle take off from a distance. Made me giddy like a child.

Good to know there are fellow scribes in the area too! Makes this place much more hospitable.

Edited by - Sinjin Oban on 10 May 2011 13:49:30
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  17:10:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I reside in a cultural and economic wasteland known as "Deltona". I have to admit, the view from my backyard is lovely. There's a lake and tall trees. Birds of an alarmingly large variety. Nearby springs if I feel the need to take a dip. Daytona Beach is only 20 minutes away. So its not all bad.

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler. I saw the last shuttle take off from a distance. Made me giddy like a child.

Good to know there are fellow scribes in the area too! Makes this place much more hospitable.

I've been there, but I can't say it was particularly notable for me. I live in Melbourne, myself, and we have a pretty good view of launches.

Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  21:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lancashire, where 'aye' is still very much part of the common parlance.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2011 :  03:16:19  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decatur, Texas- which is somewhere between the Boonies, and BFE. I jest. It's about a half hour from Denton, the nearest city with a mall or anything resembling a book or entertainment store. (Hastings, to be exact.) It's also a bit north of Fort Worth, but far enough away to be hicksville compared to the DFW area. A town of about 5,000 people, none of whom seem to know what "gaming" is, much less D&D!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

danielb
Acolyte

New Zealand
0 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  22:12:56  Show Profile Send danielb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in Whangarei, New Zealand. I just got back from a 5 year stint in Sydney and moved ehre with my young family for the stress free lifestyle. Sadly I cant find a gaming group here and there are no clubs or game shops.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  22:54:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danielb

I live in Whangarei, New Zealand. I just got back from a 5 year stint in Sydney and moved ehre with my young family for the stress free lifestyle. Sadly I cant find a gaming group here and there are no clubs or game shops.

How is that supposed to be stress-free?!?

Go to Top of Page

Gabrielle_H
Seeker

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  07:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Gabrielle_H's Homepage Send Gabrielle_H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Space Coast" sounds so much cooler.

"Space Coast" does sound exceedingly cool. When I see it, I always hear it in a "Spaaaace Ghooooost" sort of voice in my head. Or envision night sky lapping against the sand.

"Bay Area" (to put my own pin in the map) sounds so bland in comparison.

Gabrielle Harbowy, scribe and editrix
http://www.gabrielle-edits.com
twitter: @gabrielle_h
Go to Top of Page

Sinjin Oban
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2011 :  14:31:15  Show Profile Send Sinjin Oban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear "Spaaaace Ghoooost" all day, every day. That's what I get for falling asleep to it all the time and letting it invade my dreams and subconscious.

Whenever I think "Bay Area" I always think of music. Creedence Clearwater Revival to be exact. They were from the Bay Area, but sounded like they were from Louisiana. That's a tricky thing to do.

I'm considering moving back to the "Sun Coast" in a few weeks. That's the Gulf Coast of Florida, south of Tampa. Clearwater and Siesta Key beaches are among the best in the world. No waves for surfing, but there's a lot of kite boarding.

I should probably be planning to get out of Florida completely, I think we're about to have another brutal hurricane season this fall.

Batten down the hatches, Wooly!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2011 :  15:13:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hear "Spaaaace Ghoooost" all day, every day. That's what I get for falling asleep to it all the time and letting it invade my dreams and subconscious.

Whenever I think "Bay Area" I always think of music. Creedence Clearwater Revival to be exact. They were from the Bay Area, but sounded like they were from Louisiana. That's a tricky thing to do.

I'm considering moving back to the "Sun Coast" in a few weeks. That's the Gulf Coast of Florida, south of Tampa. Clearwater and Siesta Key beaches are among the best in the world. No waves for surfing, but there's a lot of kite boarding.

I should probably be planning to get out of Florida completely, I think we're about to have another brutal hurricane season this fall.

Batten down the hatches, Wooly!

Actually, where I am is relatively safe -- it's why NASA is here. Between barrier islands and the way the currents flow, this area rarely gets hit -- hurricanes are usually deflected away from us. Other than 2004, which was a fluke, I've only been thru a handful of storms, mostly Tropical Storm strength or Cat 1, with only one or two that were Cat 2.

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Senior Scribe

Canada
792 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  04:21:39  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toronto,Canada! But I wish I was from Saerloon. Well met everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  05:13:21  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm on sunny Cape Cod, MA. Looking for a gaming group. Couldn't get the map to work through my hotspot, sadly.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

kane
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  16:25:56  Show Profile Send kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in New Braintree,MA and need help creating a 1e FR campiagn :D
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Seeker

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  15:58:02  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in Bournemouth, Dorset in the UK. We have fantastic beaches here in sunny Bournemouth! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  16:39:28  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And in Norfolk as well, who would have thought! (Got a sunburn there last Sunday...)
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  10:12:25  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Near the Rocky Mountains, and the Winter Olympics were here when I was a couple months old in 1988.

I wish I lived in Florida like some of you! Although I guess i've only been there for Orlando Theme Parks and nearby Natural parks to see Manatees. It seemed so beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  10:46:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Near the Rocky Mountains, and the Winter Olympics were here when I was a couple months old in 1988.

I wish I lived in Florida like some of you! Although I guess i've only been there for Orlando Theme Parks and nearby Natural parks to see Manatees. It seemed so beautiful.

It is, right now, hot as Hades with high humidity, and we're into our monsoon season, which means many days we get torrential downpours in the afternoon. And I myself can't spend any time outside because mosquitos love me.

Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2011 :  14:53:17  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Springfield, MA, where it is currently raining.
Go to Top of Page

Ergont
Seeker

Russia
24 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2011 :  08:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Ergont's Homepage  Send Ergont an ICQ Message Send Ergont a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My origins are in Vladivostok, Russian Far East. Now I live in Moscow.)
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3065 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2011 :  14:56:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fairfax, Virginia baby!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Be my friend on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6751111-brian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000