Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 What is the epic adventure for 2003?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2003 :  22:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOO HOO!! Check this out!

ORGANIZEDPLAY™ AND WIZARDS OF THE COAST ANNOUNCE A NEW LINE OF LICENSED LIVING CITY OF RAVENS BLUFF™ HIGH LEVEL FORGOTTEN REALMS® adventures compatible with DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®
(8/28/2003 - Redmond, WA) OrganizedPlay, based here, announced today that it has launched a new venture to publish and distribute for commercial sale to the hobby gaming market licensed roleplaying game scenarios set in the FORGOTTEN REALMS world. OrganizedPlay has licensed the LIVING CITY OF RAVENS BLUFF, the world’s longest running and most well-developed massively multiplayer tabletop roleplaying game campaign from Wizards of the Coast. OrganizedPlay feels the time is now right to take advantage of the opportunities in the market and bring the LIVING CITY campaign to the widest possible audience.

The new adventures are based on high level scenarios created and played by RPGA® members in sanctioned events across North America. The adventures are designed for use by High Level (14th level and up) characters. The adventures will be a suitable challenge for a party of 4-6 characters averaging 18th Level. The adventures will contain instructions for creating new High Level characters and equipping them to face the challenges of the high level environment, as well as rules for how to correctly Judge the scenario and report results to OrganizedPlay for official scoring in the LIVING CITY Campaign.

The adventures will be approximately 160 pages in length, will feature 4 color cover illustrations, a mix of 2 and 4 color interior illustrations, and will be perfect bound. The scenarios will be priced at $30 MSRP and will be distributed worldwide by OrganizedPlay to consumers and qualifying retail stores.

The LIVING CITY OF RAVENS BLUFF player community features some of the best and most demanding players in the world. With the assistance of those players, OrganizedPlay has been able to fine-tune these new adventures, balancing them against the capabilities of the greatest heroes the game has to offer, and making them a challenge for even the most experienced player. The new High Level Scenario series from OrganizedPlay promises to deliver challenges of epic proportion, thoroughly tested in real-world play, which draw on the incredibly rich history of the popular FORGOTTEN REALMS world to deliver a gaming experience sure to delight players and Dungeon Masters alike!

OrganizedPlay’s LIVING CITY High Level Scenario Series will launch in the 4th quarter of 2003. OrganizedPlay plans to release a new scenario each quarter during 2004, with additional material available as web-enhanced content downloadable from its LIVING CITY web site, www.livingcity.organizedplay.com.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2003 :  06:06:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is definitely exciting news . Thanks for the information Rad. Although I wonder if those of us living outside of North America will have access to these interesting products...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Sep 2003 06:08:17
Go to Top of Page

Mielikki
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  04:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Mielikki's Homepage Send Mielikki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think what really needs to be done by them to raise $$$ would be to actuallu put out a FR movie. Just look how well LOTR did, everyone loved it... fans or not! But I guess that idea is just an idea and is only gonna be us Fr fans wetdreams to see Drizzt on the big screen.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  16:27:16  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so I found this lying around and collecting dust and figured that for the sake of any newcomers to the Realms, this should be added: It would seem that Wizards have changed their minds re FR-modules, and in late 2005, an adventure called Sons of Gruumsh was published.

Oh, and how'd that Candlekeep-built adventure project go?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  17:00:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Oh, and how'd that Candlekeep-built adventure project go?

I'll take this one up...

See this scroll Kaje:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1025&whichpage=1

If you have any questions... post them in there .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  17:37:01  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think the reason why i didnt buy the city of the spider queen adventure until recently was the fact that 3e/3.5e had just come out... it takes time for people to feel comfortable with the rules and buy and read trhough all the corebooks etc. before they can start an adventure... i wish they ahd given it more time!

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000