Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Elminster's Children (spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kzia
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  02:19:08  Show Profile  Visit Kzia's Homepage Send Kzia a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Spoiler's for Elminster's Daughter and The Simbul's Gift.

At the end (of Elminster's Daughter) when Lady Laspeera told Narnra that not only wasn't she El's only daughter but that she and Queen Filfaeril both were and that "there are a lot of us"?? Did anyone else's jaw drop?

Now as Elminster has been around for several centuries and during that time it is only natural that he would have had several long term relationships that produced children but "a lot of us". And I don't remember how old Laspeera or Filfaeril are but seems to me that El has been Very busy lately!

He didn't know about Narnra, did he know about any of the other's? And if he did why wouldn't he have a child with The Simbul? In that book (The Simbul's Gift) you never heard his side of it, don't know if he addresses her wishes and his feeling about it elsewhere in print.

Kzia

On a quest for knowledge of the Realms........

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  15:19:03  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This topic has already been discussed in other threads. What she meant was that Elminster was their ancestor, not their father.

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", Brandobaris´ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page

Kzia
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  17:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Kzia's Homepage Send Kzia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talanfir Swiftfeet

This topic has already been discussed in other threads. What she meant was that Elminster was their ancestor, not their father.

Um, okay. I guess her wording of "I too, am daugther of Elminster" (pg 373) confused me.

Being new to this forum (about 4 days) I don't really know what has been talked to death. Is there an easy way to look up previous threads, are they grouped by subject maybe?

I don't want to bore everyone by reposting........

Kzia

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  23:02:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kzia

Being new to this forum (about 4 days) I don't really know what has been talked to death. Is there an easy way to look up previous threads, are they grouped by subject maybe?

I don't want to bore everyone by reposting........

Feel free to use the search function. There's a link to it at the top of each page, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kzia
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  23:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Kzia's Homepage Send Kzia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly, I found the search function, don't know how I missed that in meandering around here.

I found the thread, it was a very enjoyable read, would have been more so had I been around then and able to paricipate.........

Kzia

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000