Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 General Book Club Discussion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2008 :  23:21:13  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries. I've had to put off purchasing my copy this week. I had too many other books to buy before it's release here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Nov 2008 23:21:55
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2008 :  06:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there going to be a "The Sword Never Sleeps" thread soon?

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2008 :  07:05:38  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. I'll get to that early next week, unless Alaundo opens them first. But I'll need the number of chapters for the book, and whether it has both a prologue and epilogue [though, I'll assume that's already the case since the last two books in the "Knights of Myth Drannor" trilogy also had them].

Go to Top of Page

Iluvrien
Seeker

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  12:30:24  Show Profile  Visit Iluvrien's Homepage Send Iluvrien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got my copy (of The Sword Never Sleeps) through the post. It seems to be 24 Chapters with both a prologue and epilogue. I hope that helps, Sage.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  12:44:10  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does.

The Book Club scrolls for Ed Greenwood's The Sword Never Sleeps are now open.

Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  15:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage  Send Braveheart an AOL message  Send Braveheart an ICQ Message Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sage,

I'm reading Shadowrealm at the moment and was wondering why the scrolls for it were missing, so if you need some more information in order to open them, here it comes: Shadowstorm hast 17 chapters and an epilogue, there's no prologue.

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."

Edited by - Braveheart on 11 Dec 2008 15:20:28
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2008 :  23:03:31  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries. I'll get to it later today.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  23:27:32  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Book Club scrolls for Paul Kemp's Shadowrealm are now open.

Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  11:34:06  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello all just wondering if there's any plan to discuss a new/old novel in the book club forum? as the last one's seem to be discussed was Shadowrealm in may and Unholy in April

I like reading the questions and posts of the other readers I never thought of asking and the interesting answers of the authors it throws up, it's really cool

Edited by - Tremaine on 17 Jul 2010 11:35:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  12:24:46  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm. Good point.

I'll open some scrolls for Unbroken Chain later this evening.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
648 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  12:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any plans to un-sticky some of the 'older' stickied scrolls?

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

I am a sexy, shoeless god of war!

The Sellplague began, for all intents and purposes, in the dominions of the Corporation. Greed murdered Good Design, unraveling common sense in the cosmos and destroying her dominion. At the same time, Sales Fears and Warcraft Envy happened into alignment. This cataclysmic coincidence led to upheaval, shaking apart the primeval order, opening up holes in wallets, and reshaping everything...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  13:38:28  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's on my "To-Do" list.

Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  13:21:55  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know if this will be interesting for someone but I stumbled across this WOTC forum when looking to discuss Ebberron Novels, I've just read the left hand of death and thought it was really good anyway its a book club forum for all WOTC settings including the Realms it looks fairly new

http://community.wizards.com/bookclub/go/forum/view/110769/190261/book_club

I think Susan j Morris has something to do with it,sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  16:00:18  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Any plans to un-sticky some of the 'older' stickied scrolls?

Yes that makes it difficult with over a page of adhesive!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2010 :  10:22:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Hmmmm. Good point.

How about The Captive Flame, too?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  18:08:47  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Q.Captive Flame and Unbroken Chain novel's do I need to read any books set before or are there brand new tales?
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  18:17:11  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tremaine

Q.Captive Flame and Unbroken Chain novel's do I need to read any books set before or are there brand new tales?

Unbroken CHain is a stand alone.

Captive Flame can be read by itself, but features a few characters(including Aoth The Leader of The Brotherhood of the Griffin) that originated in Richard Lee Byers Haunted Lands Trilogy : Unclean, Undead and Unholy (the order of those three may be wrong!)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 26 Jul 2010 18:19:28
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31683 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  01:46:06  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Hmmmm. Good point.

How about The Captive Flame, too?

I'll try and get to them both today.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  07:59:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Sage.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  08:06:59  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Unbroken CHain is a stand alone.

Captive Flame can be read by itself, but features a few characters(including Aoth The Leader of The Brotherhood of the Griffin) that originated in Richard Lee Byers Haunted Lands Trilogy : Unclean, Undead and Unholy (the order of those three may be wrong!)

The order is right, Red Walker.

Tremaine, I highly recommend you read The Haunted Lands Trilogy before reading The Captive Flame. You'll understand more Aoth's (the main protagonist) plight. Also, if you like Thay and Szass Tam, then that's the right/best trilogy to read.

Richard provided certain allusions to the HL trilogy in The Captive Flame, but very few and do not necessarily touch the novel's plot; for me they're there primarily to "promote" the said series.

Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  18:14:04  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read the short story in realms of the dead and the first novel in the haunted land series which i quite enjoyed before geting distraced by other novels, there are far too many good books out there to read ;-)

I best go and order them and catch up at least i don't have to wait for the next novel to come out hehe
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2010 :  10:09:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can relate, Tremaine. I think I bought and read Agents of Artifice after Unclean, though I already had "Undead" and "Unholy" at that time.

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Jul 2010 10:11:45
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2010 :  08:57:15  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sage, I think it's about time to discuss the classics, too.

Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2010 :  18:07:06  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind reading the old novels opps I mean classics which ones do you have in mind? but i don't think i can handle more then two forgotten realm books a month as I want to read other novels not set in the realms (oh by the way i pass over Denning,Greenwood,Niles works there may be brilliant writer's but unfortunatly I could never just never get in their tale's the only one's i really enjoyed of them was Elminster the making of a mage, the puppet king,the last thrane and Crucible strangely the last one is one of my favourite realm tales lol)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2010 :  23:46:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wouldn't mind reading the old novels opps I mean classics which ones do you have in mind?

The Netheril Trilogy, the first 3 books of the Elminster saga, Starlight and Shadows trilogy, Shadow of the Avatar Trilogy, The Simbul's Gift, Red Magic, and Shrandril's saga.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000