Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who is the best spellcaster in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Returnip
Learned Scribe

211 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  09:04:55  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn
I could picture Deneir and Oghma getting irate if such a spell destroyed/damaged a repository (Candlekeep!) of books and other media of knowledge.

Waaay too many wards on Candlekeep for that being a problem, don't you think?

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
475 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  14:02:27  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:
I could picture Deneir and Oghma getting irate if such a spell destroyed/damaged a repository (Candlekeep!) of books and other media of knowledge.

What wards? Larloch sucked them all dry and went to Myth Drannor for seconds.

Edited by - Delnyn on 30 Nov 2020 14:05:42
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Master of Realmslore

Colombia
1832 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  14:17:59  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it has to be a dragon. Perhaps Imvaernarho or Larendrammagar. Or one way older.

Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay. The philosopher’s path... The river of glory... Even the saints resting in the darkness rise up without response and block the way...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 30 Nov 2020 14:24:52
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

211 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  18:11:47  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:

What wards? Larloch sucked them all dry and went to Myth Drannor for seconds.

Did that happen after 3.5 ed? Because I'm stuck in the past.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2249 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  21:41:30  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Returnip,

haha, that is pretty nutty. Dressing up as the damage dealing wizard, to then want to be the ultimate diviner. Madness. Sounds RP intense... ;)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2249 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  21:43:37  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Returnip,

No kidding. Look at how Deneir had Cadderly go deal with that elder vampire. lol Crispy doesn't even begin to demonstrate the rage. ;)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
475 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  23:37:07  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I'm sure it has to be a dragon. Perhaps Imvaernarho or Larendrammagar. Or one way older.

For a dragon, I would add Daurgothoth to the mix. Your choices are excellent. Imvaernarho and Larendrammagar beat Daurgothoth as sorcerors, but Daurgothoth has 25 levels of wizardry as well, giving him massive versatility as well.

The minmaxer in me is sorely tempted to change his Wizard 20/ Archmage 5 to Wizard 10/Ultimate Magus 10/Archmage 5 (archmage going to the wizard spellcasting). That would bump up his sorceror caster level to 26 and wizard caster level to 29.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2249 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2020 :  04:55:17  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Delnyn,

I think that (5) level split in transferring over to Ultimate Magus from Wizard is a winner. Very nice selection.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000