Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone's Favorite Evil Organization
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  23:18:28  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the scariest are the red wizards. I mean Sazz Tam aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  16:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dont even know what the rundeen consortium is!

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  16:45:09  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Zhents are easy to hate because they have their hands in so many baskets and they cover so many gods. The slaver thing doesnt help their case either. Also the fact that many of the leaders are Beholders or other non-humanoid creatures lends to another xenophobic hatred I believe.

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  17:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The zhents. I just love the mafia. Both straight up in-your-face bold, and lots of 'It wasn't me' in the back ground. And they have the people and money to make it happen.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  18:38:47  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Twisted Rune, nothing more fun evil than pulling the strings of goodly folk to accomplish one's dark deeds. SES did a masterful job in describing the influence of the Rune in the Lands of Intrigue and Empires of the Shining Sands, I still have to be convinced thare is a 'better' evil group out there...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  22:59:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

i dont even know what the rundeen consortium is!

Page 170 of Lords of Darkness:

quote:
The Rundeen is a powerful mercantile and slaving consortium that controls trade in Chult, Tashalar, and parts of Calimshan, and is working its way into Tethyr, Amn, and other countries to the north. It protects its caravans with well-armed guards and sends bandits and pirates to attack its rivals' interests.

See that tome for more information on them. There's a more extensive write-up on them in the 2E sourcebook Cloak & Dagger.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kianna
Learned Scribe

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2005 :  23:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Kianna's Homepage Send Kianna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! You know, I do sorta agree that sometimes the Harpers are a bit evil....or maybe nosey is a better term. :)

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2005 :  00:27:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

...and Empires of the Shining Sands...
I'm not nitpicking... but it's Empires of the Shining Sea friend Mumadar .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

wiseguysez
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  17:39:54  Show Profile  Visit wiseguysez's Homepage Send wiseguysez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite are the Red Wizards, from what i'v read, they almost seem to be a bunch of bumbling idiots with powerful magic
Go to Top of Page

Vvornth
Acolyte

Sweden
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  18:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Vvornth's Homepage Send Vvornth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two bumps by a newbie, can we expect a public flogging? ;)

I found one interesting piece in here that El Magnifico Uno touched upon (though in a humorous way) that I'd like to add on to. The Harpers, especially the ones operating out of Berdusk, at times runs their operations in a we-know-what's-best-for-you-way. I've actually picked up on this in my current campaign that I've just gotten of the ground, you might said that they are an allegory to the current Bush administration.

It's good to be king

Edited by - Vvornth on 12 Jan 2006 19:44:12
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Long live the dracolich worshipping mortals of the realms...

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  02:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

You racist from the west <g>. Where's all the eastern power groups? Ahem, the red wizards of Thay? The cult of Tiamat? The Cult of Set? The shadowmasters of Telflamm? The shadow mages of chessenta? The nine golden swords? The demon cultists of Narfell? The Blightlords? The Durthans? The witches of Rashemen (still not convinced they're all good)?

Agreed. Confounded Westerner.

My favorite is the Shadowmasters of Telflamm, as they're evil, but economic, level-headed evil (well, pretty level-headed for BBE organizations in the Realms). They already have Thesk pretty much under their command, and soon may have strong footholds in other nations (Damara, The Great Dale, Aglarond, et al).
Plus, they're Maskarran-- my brethren.

But, seeing as the Shadowmasters aren't in the poll (), I voted for the Zhentarim, for reasons that most have stated; their endurance, their arsenal, their persistance, their plethora of deities, their intrigue, etc.

But the Shadowmasters are still number-one to me.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  13:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Twisted Rune!!! What's not to like about an organization that is Ultra secret in it's work (and that I am using.....but don't tell my players that)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  12:25:41  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go Zhentarim!! e viva Manshoon! Nothing like a big evil network to inspire a devious campain! And there is challenge for all levels, not only the ultra-powerfull(twisted rune).

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  14:21:56  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can this poll be changed? as there are some more new groups to be added...like the Shades...

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  14:54:18  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Favorite is a strong word, but I voted for the Cult of the Dragon. The Night Parade and Arcane Brotherhood (The version in Volo's guide to the North) would have been candidates if they were alternatives.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  15:47:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

can this poll be changed? as there are some more new groups to be added...like the Shades...

Well met

Alas, the maximum number of poll entries has been set to 12, so therefore no more can be added.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lysan Lurraxol
Acolyte

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  18:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Lysan Lurraxol's Homepage Send Lysan Lurraxol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Iron Throne, I've liked them since I played Baldur's Gate. I just like the idea of an evil group of werchants, particularly ones who do seem to actually trade, unlike certain other organizations, who tend to plot,cackle and be generally villanous.

http://lysan.livejournal.com
"Come join me in the dark..."
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  18:34:21  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Twisted Rune.

Dawg.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  04:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

The Eldreth Veluuthra.

For some reason, I just inexplicably like the concept of a group of xenophobic, ultra-conservative elves.

I am also, for some reason, a huge fan of the Eldreth Veuuthra. It is almost like cheering for Agent Smith in the Matrix: "You humans are a virus". They are just trying to protect their forests from the destructive, short-sighted humans. Maybe a few Eldreth Veluuthra in some of the beautiful, ravaged corners of this earth would be of some benefit. Okay, I'm not saying that people should be killed, but neither should entire ecosystems and species be annihilated. Anyways, that's why I like the Eldreth Veluuthra. They are idealistic and commited. Rock on - but only in fantasy worlds...

And welcome back, Arivia! Nice to see you posting again!

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  07:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Twisted Rune and the Red Wizards are a close one for me. The Twisted Rune is actually a new one but the more I read about them the more I love the little undead lichies.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Mazrim_Taim on 18 Aug 2006 07:27:50
Go to Top of Page

Corran Horn
Seeker

54 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  12:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Corran Horn's Homepage Send Corran Horn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eldreth Veluuthra.
They dont want money, magic, power. They just want to slain all human race. Sweet!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  13:09:37  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to the Iron House! Asked for a reason I can only say: "My personal Favorite!"

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  15:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it says that voting is still open but i wasnt allowed to vote.... hmm idk why.
anyway i am going eldreth veluuthra (typical)

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  16:28:41  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadow thieves.

But I like the Shades more.

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  16:50:27  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with the Night Masks, but probably only because they're what I was reading about earlier.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  18:06:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

it says that voting is still open but i wasnt allowed to vote.... hmm idk why.
anyway i am going eldreth veluuthra (typical)

Did you vote earlier? As a mod, I can see who voted (though not who they voted for), and I show that you did vote.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2006 :  01:43:29  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zhents no contest.. so much fun to play with if you use em properly..

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2007 :  09:10:31  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for House Dlardrageth for the same reason CrennenFaerieBane did. :-).
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2007 :  12:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Zhentarim

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly