Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Wanted: Wizard Spells
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  03:36:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any 3.XE wizard (and I need wizard) spells that do the following:

- give a universal bonus of +3 on saving throws (or I'll take +3 on saves v. spells and stuff);
- gives immunity to spells of levels 1-3 and moves (yes, I know about lesser globe but I need something mobile ...);
- gives immunity to weapons (preferably giving something like DR 10-15/magic ... not ironguard effects).

If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me the write-ups should such beasties exist would have my eternal thanks.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  03:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any 3.XE wizard (and I need wizard) spells that do the following:

- give a universal bonus of +3 on saving throws (or I'll take +3 on saves v. spells and stuff);
- gives immunity to spells of levels 1-3 and moves (yes, I know about lesser globe but I need something mobile ...);
- gives immunity to weapons (preferably giving something like DR 10-15/magic ... not ironguard effects).

If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me the write-ups should such beasties exist would have my eternal thanks.

-- George Krashos

You could always rework Protection from Arrows (PHB) and make a version that affects melee weapons

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  05:06:16  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Bit more than you wanted, but Savage Species has Superior Resistance, which offers +6 resistance bonus on saves for 1/hour level as a 5th level spell (Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sor/Wiz).

2) Not sure on this one.

3) Wouldn't Stoneskin work for this?

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Thysl
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  05:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Thysl's Homepage Send Thysl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's one:
Unapproachable East pg 50
Ilyykur's Mantle: Sor/Wiz 4, Aura grants +1/3 levels against spells and spell-like abilities and electricity resistance 15.

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
--Carl Jung
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  06:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey all.

-- George Krashos

I knew the first one existed. Major Resistance, from Savage Species. 2nd level; otherwise like resistance.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  23:51:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, looks like I'll have to re-jig a bunch of spells THEN present them in the vehicle I've chosen. Thanks again.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2005 :  05:59:45  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Hey all.

-- George Krashos

I knew the first one existed. Major Resistance, from Savage Species. 2nd level; otherwise like resistance.

Stupid how Savage Species organized the spells Major Resistance being listed under M and Superior Resistance being under S, instead of both of them being under R. No wonder I missed it, since I found Superior Resistance while looking in the Rs.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2005 :  09:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco
Stupid how Savage Species organized the spells Major Resistance being listed under M and Superior Resistance being under S, instead of both of them being under R. No wonder I missed it, since I found Superior Resistance while looking in the Rs.

Pull out your 3.0 PHB and you'll find the same. The formatting change for that didn't happen until the 3.5 PHB.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2005 :  16:27:14  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Pull out your 3.0 PHB and you'll find the same. The formatting change for that didn't happen until the 3.5 PHB.

I think that is somewhere, but most likely under a thick layer of dust.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000