Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite forgotten realm?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  22:36:12  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Which is your favorite forgotten realm?

Choices:

Thay
Amn
Calimshan
Netheril/Anauroch
The Dale Lands
Cormyr
Halruaa
Mulhorand
The Sword Coast
The Moonshae
The North
The High Forest

(Anonymous Vote)

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  22:56:37  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Right now, the High Forest is #1...

I love the High Forest because of the depth of adventure and history it has. From Turland to the Karse stone to the villages of Wood Elves that still exist. The High Forest contains some really neat subdivisions as well.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  23:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too little covered. For me, it's most anything roughly north of Baldur's Gate.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  23:43:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My fave place is Waterdeep, but it's not on the list...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  23:53:18  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really do love Sembia

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page

Kianna
Learned Scribe

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  00:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Kianna's Homepage Send Kianna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heart Thay. One of the reasons my dog is named Szass Tam.
:)

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  03:31:33  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am fond of the region of Rasheman and Aglarond. (By the way, ...hi!)

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  04:37:58  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rough frontier and home to many dwarves, I went with The North. The setting is more adventurous.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  05:51:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a close tie between Waterdeep, Ruathym, Aglarond, Rashemen, and Tethyr (yes, I often have a hard time to make my mind up, why d'you ask?) - none of which is on the list...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  07:25:23  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll go for the sword coast cause my first FR contact was there... and it has many colourfull chars and places. Just love the friendly arm inn.

quote:
Originally posted by Kianna

I heart Thay. One of the reasons my dog is named Szass Tam.
:)

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Cormyr because it was my favorite on the list. I do prefer Waterdeep and most of the city-states around the Moonsea however.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  12:05:11  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amn. Glorious Amn. Home of Boo and other great heroes.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  12:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

Um...Boo's from Spelljammer(Realmspace?)
Go to Top of Page

touche the turtle-master
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  13:17:02  Show Profile  Visit touche the turtle-master's Homepage Send touche the turtle-master a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im a Thay fan!
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  13:29:43  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

I think he is talking about the second most famous Hamster of the Realms, cause we all know who is the most famous hamster of the Realms, the king of the mischiefs now resident on those forums.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 11 Oct 2005 13:38:12
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  14:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey All!

i really had a hard time thinking about which areas would be most popular and only choosing them.... but since there is a limited number of possible answers to the poll question i had to leave some out. I sorta mushed waterdeep into "swordcoast" and tethyr into "calimshan" or "amn" but i had to leave out moonsea chessenta and the rasheman/aglarond areas. :( sry

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Misericordia
Seeker

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  16:36:56  Show Profile  Visit Misericordia's Homepage Send Misericordia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd to vote for Netheril, but only because there's isn't the Moonsea.

Omnia sunt communia.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  20:38:18  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose Thay because I find the politics and intrigue of Thay interesting, and because the Moonsea wasn't a choice. I also like the Dalelands.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2005 :  01:51:01  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted the North, for the North do hold of a lot of intriguing stuff that had not been discovered for a long time.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2005 :  22:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sembia is the place to be! Lots of intrigue, lots of connections, and wealthy patrons of dubious moral virtue to employ money grubbing adventurers.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  01:46:45  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose the North, because I long favored that place, second it up is the High Forest and Thay.
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  09:12:44  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, The Dalelands, because my campaign is set there ... but, I have to admit that the North seams very adventure friendly :)

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  13:13:22  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thesk, especially Telflam. The Shadow Masters Guild kicks the Night Mask :)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2005 :  10:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is s tough one!

I'm torn between The North\High Forest (as it's so rich in many things and has a great scope for all manner of adventuring), the Sword Coast, again, some great locations and I just love Waterdeep , Cormyr - the perfect kingdom and some excellent flavor from various novels and sourcebooks, the Dalelands (forests, elves and these locations are just my cup of tea), and the Moonshae's (will always have a special place in my heart, the gritty culture and setting).

ARGH! I'll give this more thought and vote soon.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2005 :  02:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the north alot... The great blend of wild mountain monsters, brutal barbarians, war-hungry dwarfes and treacherous merchants are among some of the many reasons to why i love to play in and read about the North... On the backside is the fact that there are extensive and detailed writings about the North in a number of popular novels, making it difficult to present surprises for my players who have all read alot about the area... So as much as i hate to, i have to keep them away, and find other equally interesting areas to present for them. It is hard, but certainly do-able...

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2005 :  19:42:09  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Too little covered. For me, it's most anything roughly north of Baldur's Gate.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

My fave place is Waterdeep, but it's not on the list...

I voted for the Sword Coast. Which I think covers anything roughly north of Baldur's Gate and Waterdeep.

James
Go to Top of Page

The Destroyer
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2005 :  11:12:41  Show Profile  Visit The Destroyer's Homepage Send The Destroyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer the North, especially further North, for I am enjoying a great time killing orcs and goblins while occasionally running into an Aurilian cleric.

You will have new powers when you are reborn, a form better to serve me with. -Manshoon of Zhentarim,
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2005 :  13:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Destroyer

I prefer the North, especially further North, for I am enjoying a great time killing orcs and goblins while occasionally running into an Aurilian cleric.

Sounds like the Icewind Dale computer games. Ah, those had some classic moments.
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  07:35:05  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose the Sword Coast for Waterdeep, although the North's adventure hooks makes it a close second (not to mention throwing frost worms at the characters ).

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  15:15:26  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also choose the Sword Coast, but included some of the Western Heartlands. Waterdeep is such a perfect place to start, run, or conclude any adventure and the High Forest is rife with mysteries to throw at people - good places!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2005 :  10:39:44  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tough call between the Dales (and Cormanthor) and the Silver Marches. I went with the North, because it seems to be the up-and-coming place, and it's upriver from Waterdeep!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000