Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Seven Sister
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2005 :  00:09:43  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spree

Qilue... because she is drow.... I have a thing for dangerous, dark, perfectly build females.

Did her story in Silverfall influence your choice?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2005 :  00:38:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Spree

Qilue... because she is drow.... I have a thing for dangerous, dark, perfectly build females.

Did her story in Silverfall influence your choice?

I know it went aways in nearly swaying my initial choices of the Simbul and Laeral .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Dec 2005 00:39:45
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2005 :  02:50:48  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally we say magic jar the whole lot of em, but as this is a poll the one we dislike the least is Qilue. Can't really explain why that one is least dispised of the rest *shrugs*

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2005 :  04:53:01  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like them all, but Storm appeals to me the most. I think it is the powerful, but at the same time real. having read most of the realms novel pertaining to her, it seems to me that she is most happy in some patched up dirty pants, working the fields with the general population. at the same time, mess with her and it's on.
Go to Top of Page

TonyMontana1638
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2005 :  03:06:59  Show Profile  Visit TonyMontana1638's Homepage Send TonyMontana1638 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to go with Storm... Don't know why, but she always seemed the most down-to-earth... Plenty of sass to boot ...

"Don't give up... Don't ever give up."
-Jimmy Valvano

The V Foundation for Cancer Research
http://www.jimmyv.org/
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2005 :  20:25:34  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*nods* Storm comes across to me as by far the most approachable.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2005 :  22:21:04  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they all have speicific archetypes to fulfill, which is why they are all different. However, it does help to be nearly invincible and immortal to develop your character so clearly.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

wiseguysez
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  17:44:04  Show Profile  Visit wiseguysez's Homepage Send wiseguysez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the Simbul is awesome! Killing Red Wizards like ants, it's entertainment for her, and shes really good at it.
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  05:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love all the Sisters. Silverfall is one of my favorite FR novels. The Simbul and Storm stand out for me. I chose Storm because I feel like I would enjoy myself in her presence moreso that with The Simbul (what with her casting of spells all willy-nilly and whatnot).

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  06:02:12  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Laeral. she seems to be the one who stands out to me. I love the way she presents herself in the books. The others don't seem to have the same kind of...what's the word... they just feel like they are missing something compared with Laeral.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

GungHo
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  21:50:00  Show Profile  Visit GungHo's Homepage Send GungHo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^^
Class
Go to Top of Page

Jon Grey
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  00:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Jon Grey's Homepage Send Jon Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll keep it simple. I chose Alustriel; her ability to inspire her loyalty and her own loyalty to those people are qualities I enjoy seeing in a character set up as a ruler (her scenes with Taern in Silverfall was rather nice). I also enjoy the way she's been a calm, smooth operating politician in an area taht (especially as of late) has been pretty much ridden with strife.

Of all the people that have lied to me/
Bards tend to do it most beautifully. -Rehthan Cotheras, Harper
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  13:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose Laeral. Last pick would be The Simbul. She has an ego problem in my opinion and I don't like that....but I don't hate her, just like her the least.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  10:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storm is the most interesting one to me. I can't imagine myself walking out in the middle of a blizzard wearing nothing just to help others.
Go to Top of Page

boards
Acolyte

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  10:53:45  Show Profile  Visit boards's Homepage Send boards a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to like storm but that description of her carrying a tree in Stormlight brings images of swartznegger in commando which is kinda scary, so I vote for Learal
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  13:21:43  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Simbul got my vote. Slayer of Red Wizards.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2006 :  01:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Laeral. she seems to be the one who stands out to me. I love the way she presents herself in the books. The others don't seem to have the same kind of...what's the word... they just feel like they are missing something compared with Laeral.

Je ne sais quoi?

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Tordis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2006 :  22:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Tordis's Homepage Send Tordis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tough choice, really. In the end I decided to pick Laeral. Why? Intelligent, mischievous, interesting - and a bit unpredictable. All of which appeals to me.

Orn dos kuuv ulu gyolaen...?
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  17:59:39  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simbul... come on shes crazy, I like that in my women!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  01:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alustriel has my vote. She has that politician, woman of mystery and power thing going on. She is cool with every one. She likes to have a good time. Plus she lives in one of my favorite cities in the realms.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  01:43:33  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention that if you happen to be a politician or diplomat staying in the Palace during Midsummer you might get to know her very well, according to what Ed has said about her habits concerning that particular holliday.
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  02:10:31  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm playing Quile as an NPC in my current campaign. A truly exotic character.
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  20:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to say that about Alustriel but I was afraid I might misrepresent her. I read Ed's idea of what she is like too. I also thought about all those times Drizzt went to visit her......

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  20:52:55  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storm, I've read pretty much all the FR novels she features in and Of all the established characters she certainly seems the one with the most down to earth and approachable manner. (and can't help but admire a woman who cuts her firewood in the nude - from a safe distance, she's got an axe afterall!)

She seems the kind of 'fun' that sets warning klaxons blaring near and far. I can definetely see myself enjoying being dragged into what adventure she rushes headlong into next.

Such a shame she was portrayed so out of character in the Avatar trilogy.

Definet props have to go to Laeral, Dove and Alassra too.
Go to Top of Page

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  11:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Storm, I've read pretty much all the FR novels she features in and Of all the established characters she certainly seems the one with the most down to earth and approachable manner. (and can't help but admire a woman who cuts her firewood in the nude - from a safe distance, she's got an axe afterall!)

She seems the kind of 'fun' that sets warning klaxons blaring near and far. I can definetely see myself enjoying being dragged into what adventure she rushes headlong into next.
I keep hearing about this 'nude woodcutting' thing, even to the point of Ed o' the Greenwood catching some heat for it from 'concerned citizens'. Which book was it in? 'Cause I don't recall coming across it in my (admittedly thin) collection of FR novels....

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  12:58:15  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm off the top of my head I don't recall exactly. I'd say Stormlight but she's cameoed and featured in so many FR novels I'm not 100% sure.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2006 :  08:11:36  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go with Sylune, even if its a close race between the three Dalelands-sisters. There is something about the picture of a quiet (almost)pacifist surrounded by conflict that appeals to me and sets her apart from the rest of the family.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbreeze
Acolyte

Italy
33 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2006 :  15:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Nightbreeze's Homepage Send Nightbreeze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I most certainly DID NOT vote that crazy psychopath named Storm Silverhand, especially after reading her screams in the 2nd Avatar book.....hmmm....and the 2nd RotA novel.....uhmm.... and at the Harper's schism.....uhm...and on many other places.

Does she do anything else than just roaming and screaming around?

Anyway i voted Laeral ^^
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2006 :  01:54:51  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I quite understand your position, Nightbreeze, but there's a BIG difference between the way Ed Greenwood (who created the character) writes Storm, and the way other writers handle her. None of the specific examples you cite are Ed-penned, and most Realms scribes view them as very "out of character" for Storm.
Now if you want crazy in your Seven, The Simbul's your woman.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2006 :  13:45:59  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its Stormlight where Storm does the whole Naked Woodchopping thing.

My Favourites definatly Storm. From the Ed Greenwood books, she seems the most down to earth, fun loving, slightly manic one. And shes the only Bard among them. And Bards are great.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000