Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Getting those 32 pages back
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  00:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Im sure all of you are "painfully" familar with my Views on the recent page count cut of FR source books from 192 to 160 so I wont repeat them here. Instead I will put forward a proposal

Why doesnt Wizards release a Son of Gruumsh style 32 page module, the module would focus on material used in the source book and would be released around the same time as the source book.

The Module could be released as one of the following

A) A seperate FR book like Sons of Gruumsh

B) A Web enhancement

C) A Dungeon module

Good idea? Bad idea?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

David Lázaro
Acolyte

Spain
37 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  01:53:38  Show Profile  Visit David Lázaro's Homepage Send David Lázaro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dargoth.

My thoughts are that it would be both a good idea in the sense that it could mean more Realms products and a not such a good idea because getting an adventure and a Dungeon module are not the same thing as getting more Realmslore, specially in geographical sourcebooks.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:04:32  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Sons of Gruumsh has some interesting Realmslore in it. I would like a 32 page adventure set in the area featured in a regional sourcebook, or an adventure that featured some elements of the book in questions (for a book like Champions of Valor). The adventure is a good idea.

Its more likely than a Dungeon adventure tied to new sourcebooks, becuase Erik, while trying to Realmsify Dragon a bit more, doesn't want to overdo setting specific adventures in Dungeon.
Go to Top of Page

David Lázaro
Acolyte

Spain
37 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:31:24  Show Profile  Visit David Lázaro's Homepage Send David Lázaro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't know that about Sons of Gruumsh. Adventures that include Realmslore tying with other sourcebooks could be a good compromise indeed. That could also be a good by to handle the metaplot in a similar way of what was done in the Player's Guide to Faerűn. There's a lot of hooks spread out in the novels and old sourcebooks that are crying for a little bit more development.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000