Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Old fan new to the site.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grimm Ironhand
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  22:59:50  Show Profile  Visit Grimm Ironhand's Homepage Send Grimm Ironhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just discovered this site and look forward to exploring it.I have been a Realms fan for many years and at one point had read 95% of the material but have been away from it for some time and am just now rediscovering the Realms.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  23:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Grimm Ironhand

Welcome to Candlekeep. Rediscovering the Realms eh? Well there should be plenty of tomes and scrolls of lore within this library to help ye on thy way.

Enjoy thy stay and I'll look forward to seeing thee around in these halls of learning.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  00:35:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  09:09:40  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Mr Ironhand.

Away from the Realms? Perish the thought

Well hopefully you'll catch up on anything you've missed here on this site and forums.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Sir Luther Cromwell
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  17:48:02  Show Profile  Visit Sir Luther Cromwell's Homepage Send Sir Luther Cromwell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Just discovered this site and look forward to exploring it.I have been a Realms fan for many years and at one point had read 95% of the material but have been away from it for some time and am just now rediscovering the Realms.

Ya, quite a bit has changed. Good to see you, and know that Gnome tossing is a form of genocide here at the keep, and will not be allowed. Elf tossing, however, I have no problem with. Infact, the typical elven figure just might make for the better javelin.

There have been a fair deal of changes in the realms. Azoun kicked the bucket, and now his daughter runs the place in Cormyr. Bane came back, royaly cheesed off at everyone of course. Lolth has been kind of silent, until a couple of people found her in a pit, about to be attacked by some other masker drow god. Dwarves have been popping out like rabbits ever since the thunder blessing. And the city of shades came back (or more, it appeared, disappeared, and came back for more). These are just a select, perhaps opinionated few facts about some of the lore that has been collecting over the past while. Ask any one any question and I'm sure they'd be happy to answer you.

And remember: despite what the old shadowdale crow in a big pointy red hat would suggest, there is no such thing as a silly question. Even if its something like "Can Mystra micro-wave a burrito so hot that even she can't eat it?"

"At what temperature does a Goblin boil?"
"Any Rakshasa should eat a healthy diet that is high in wood elf, and low in shield Dwarf. One must always watch those cholesterol levels."
"If a Svirfneblin falls in the underdark, does anybody care?"

Edited by - Sir Luther Cromwell on 17 Sep 2005 17:49:37
Go to Top of Page

ShadowDragonMage
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  16:32:37  Show Profile  Visit ShadowDragonMage's Homepage Send ShadowDragonMage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! Good question about Mystra but I'm not certain she would have a microwave. Goddess of magic or not she wouldn't be able to find a microwave. Even if she did find the microwave I bet it would be hard to find something to plug it into. I also have never heard mention of a "burrito" in the realms and don't believe that they exist there. (They could but under another name. Maybe in Maztica) I am also not certain that she would be very good at using modern apliances. If she could however figure out how to obtain the apliance, plug it in, and microwave it for anywere around 10 min at 100% power and then remove it from the microwave with one of her avitars not granted any imunity to fire and heat yes indeed she could burn the holy crap out of herself. Granted my poor spelling and twisted logic, any argument to that???

What by the way is the "thunder blessing", and are the shades you speak of the "Shadavar in Anaurach"?

Hello Grimm. I am realatively new as well but an old realms fan catching up. You will really enjoy this place. It is a wonderful resourse.

ShadowDragonMage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  17:58:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowDragonMage

What by the way is the "thunder blessing", and are the shades you speak of the "Shadavar in Anaurach"?

Quick summation on both:

The Thunder Blessing happened in 1306, though we're just now beginning to see its effects. Basically, Moradin blessed the dwarves, and their birthrate dramatically increased.

For more information, see the third volume of the Candlekeep Compendium. There's an excellent article in there about the Thunder Blessing and what it means for the dwarves. The link to the Compendium is in my signature.

The Shadovar... Well, when Netheril fell, all of the floating cities were destroyed, save for five. Mystra 2.0 caught three of the cities before they hit the ground. Opus was grabbed by Selūne, who transported it to her divine realm. The remaining city, Shade, had coincidentally moved into the Plane of Shadow right before the Fall happened.

Shade recently returned, and wants to turn the Anauroch Desert back into the vibrant land it once was. Since their methods would have ruined the rest of Faerūn, they were stopped.

If you really want to know that story, check out the Return of the Archwizards trilogy. But be warned: many scribes dislike this trilogy, for a variety of reasons.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sir Luther Cromwell
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  20:41:34  Show Profile  Visit Sir Luther Cromwell's Homepage Send Sir Luther Cromwell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you really want to know that story, check out the Return of the Archwizards trilogy. But be warned: many scribes dislike this trilogy, for a variety of reasons.

In fact if I may recall, many a scribe simply disregard the whole story.

But ya, welcome to the keep Ironhand. Now I'll have my eggs semi-side up, thank you!

^kicks his feet up on the table and looks expectantly at Grimm^

Go on!

"At what temperature does a Goblin boil?"
"Any Rakshasa should eat a healthy diet that is high in wood elf, and low in shield Dwarf. One must always watch those cholesterol levels."
"If a Svirfneblin falls in the underdark, does anybody care?"
Go to Top of Page

Grimm Ironhand
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  20:48:42  Show Profile  Visit Grimm Ironhand's Homepage Send Grimm Ironhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank ye all for the warm welcome.I am really enjoying the site so far."kicks his feet up on the table and looks expectantly at Grimm" Would ye like your brain scrambled with them eggs?
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  22:15:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep! Hope you can find everything you're looking for!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

ShadowDragonMage
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2005 :  03:52:25  Show Profile  Visit ShadowDragonMage's Homepage Send ShadowDragonMage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I have one of the Archmage books but am working on others at the moment. I will look forward to reading those. {And implementing them into my campaign. Thanks for the heads up.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2005 :  12:54:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Grimm Ironhand, and welcome to Candlekeep!

This being the best halls of knowledge that exist (no mention the dwarven halls, of course ) in our loved Toril, feel free to research anything, of any topic.

And if you have any question about any scroll, the sages of the keep are everywhere, to help and to aid all that came in peace and in joy.

Oh, and fear not! Despite of the inumerous changes, Faerūn continues to be our ever loved Faerūn... even with too much Manshoons walking out there...

Chosen of Moradin

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000