Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 A warm greeting from................The Freak.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Freak
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  13:27:56  Show Profile  Visit The Freak's Homepage Send The Freak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail and greetings to all the veteran and novice scribes of candlekeep! Yes, greetings to all from The Freak. Well, I am just a new player to the world of D&D and FR and as I sought to learn more about the world of FR, I came across this website which seemed to be highly recommended for its FR content. So, I hope the others do not mind The Freak wandering the halls of candlekeep.

PS: I know my Username sounds awful but thats the best I can think for the moment.

The raging freak is an unstoppable force...

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  14:07:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you The Freak, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Here you will find many curious questions pertaining to the Realmslore. You will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been provided by the Great Sages themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, simply find the appropriately place in the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes will be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  14:08:49  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No matter about the name, I can sure you there are other worst And for the rest, enjoy your stay here, and if you want to learn, you've come to the right place then.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  17:20:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to work with a guy I called The Freak...

Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  18:33:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Freak

Welcome to Candlekeep. Worry not about thy name, there are many stranger beings herein I was always a little unnerved at hearing of some "Wooly Rupert" within these halls, to name but one!

I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  22:43:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

I was always a little unnerved at hearing of some "Wooly Rupert" within these halls, to name but one!

Gee, thanks, Big Al.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  02:16:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

I was always a little unnerved at hearing of some "Wooly Rupert" within these halls, to name but one!
I think we all shared some of that... just a little .

I know some of our residents "gnomes" shuddered when the Furry One first entered these halls .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000