Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Realms of Questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2003 :  11:24:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, was that what was doing it? I was trying to figure that out, but to no success. Thanks

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2003 :  14:51:24  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Like when Midnight tried to cast the illusion of a small dragon in the begining, and it turned out to have non-illusionary fire.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Midnight was only trying to cast a levitate spell. Judging by the fact that it turned up a dragon shows you how shaky the magic was during the Time of Troubles.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2003 :  21:17:13  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New question: How many would there be in a drow excursion to Undermountain, and what would they be carrying?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

DragonofJustice
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2003 :  06:24:26  Show Profile  Visit DragonofJustice's Homepage Send DragonofJustice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Dragon of Justice sighs)(Its becoming a trend)
Oh, my little Wyrm, you call yourself a Sage. Magical Items worked to a degree. They were unpredictable, and tended to end short, and unpleasently. You really need to consult my shelves. Call me, and we will set up a date.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2003 :  06:31:21  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[As often when his brother speaks, Bookwyrm rolls his eyes.]

Yes, yes, I know that. Obviously, or else I wouldn't have posted this thread. I needed more specific information though, things that I don't remember from the Avatar trilogy -- otherwise I would have asked to borrow your copies.

I know it's hard to think with all those muscles squeezing your brain, though, so I won't hold it against you . . . .

Go to Top of Page

DragonofJustice
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2003 :  06:59:36  Show Profile  Visit DragonofJustice's Homepage Send DragonofJustice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon of Justice has a gleam in his eye as he considers a drow incursion. Blood. Gore. More blood. Twould be . . .interesting. But how many is a good question. Which city of drow would be sending warriors? Or is it a family? Or, perhaps better yet, is it a plot of Jaraxle? (spelling? been a while since I read his name.)

And then more blood.

Ah, I need a beer. This is a thirsty vison.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2003 :  21:57:08  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New question!

What sort of spells would a ranger have?

Go to Top of Page

DragonofJustice
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  06:58:38  Show Profile  Visit DragonofJustice's Homepage Send DragonofJustice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would the ranger have spells? Innate abilities? Or things picked up along life's travels? It would be strange to see a ranger with magic that didn't somehow relate to his . . .er. .calling. Things like spells relating to animals, perhaps a silence spell, shapeshifting. These I can see. Throwing fireballs, not so much.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  16:22:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, you reply to a question of mine without contributing. For your information, I know ranger are not like mages. As far as I can tell, the are to druids like paladins are to clerics. However, I wanted to know what spells they would have, as well as what level they would get them. Satisfied, O Big Brother?

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  17:08:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The easy answer would be: look it up in the player's handbook... though you've admitted to not having played the game. Rangers cast spells similar to druids, most are plant or animal related. I can't recall of the top of my head when a ranger can start casting divine spells, but I believe it is similar to the paladin. (someone on-line with a PHB handy?)
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  17:40:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mumadar.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Bookwyrm,

Here is an excellent source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Time_of_Troubles

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

As mentioned on another thread I'm constructing a Forgotten Realms fan fiction, at least when my flighty imagination and all the pesky anoyances (read "college papers") allow. First, though, I need a little info on the Time of Troubles, as it takes place during that time. First, just how long did it last? And second, how were magical items (i.e., enchanted objects working on a passive level like a ring of protection, or on an active level like a wand of fire) affected?

-------------------------

2002/02/22

I'm just letting people know that I'm likely to ask other questions soon. Thanks.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000