Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which Archmage? test
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2005 :  17:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hmmm... Big Al wound up getting a tyrannical and evil archmage... Is anyone surprised?

I am so getting hit by the staff of the irritated moderator +5 for that one!

Well, this explains the fact that I ever have the impression that exists at least 40 Alaundos walking in the halls of Candlekeep, looking for the wellfare of the tomes and whiping... err... helping the scribes...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2005 :  17:17:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

My apologies for misspelling Mordenkainen (spelling errors do happen).

'Tis quite alright. You gave me the material for a small joke, so it's all good.

quote:

What do I know about Greyhawk? BAH! The Realms is far superior.

Indeed! Huzzah!

quote:

My actual result, taking the full test, was Raistlin.

Yeah, but I mentioned your earlier one just to cover one of the other possible results.

quote:

As for those who are curious, the possible outcomes are:

Elminster
Khelben
Halaster
Manshoon
Mordenkain(en)
Raistlin
Szass Tam (someone over at Worlds got the lich lord)
and
The Simbul (no one's gotten her yet? Hmm.)

Cheers

Ah, thanks for listing those.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2005 :  18:40:02  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Khelben Blackstaff for me.

Haha... I loved those questions, especially the first one, a poke at all those conspiring nobles in Cormyr.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2005 :  18:46:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

My apologies for misspelling Mordenkainen (spelling errors do happen).

'Tis quite alright. You gave me the material for a small joke, so it's all good.

I serve one of my purposes, then -- to entertain and amuse.

quote:
quote:

What do I know about Greyhawk? BAH! The Realms is far superior.

Indeed! Huzzah!

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2005 :  22:18:04  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turned out as Khelben as well. Must be my love for that black attire...

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  03:06:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm... does that mean you also have a brother who is your superior in every physical aspect?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  06:09:00  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I took it twice, first time I got Manshoon, then Halaster.
Go to Top of Page

Slash Scarsmith
Acolyte

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  10:48:30  Show Profile  Visit Slash Scarsmith's Homepage Send Slash Scarsmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

I got Elminster. Apparently I am 99% whimsical...

Same here.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  11:26:28  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool test... But now you must all bow before my feet, as i am the almighty Manshoon... BOW FOOLS

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  11:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met! I took the test, answering all the questions truthfully (assuming if I were able to hurl Chain Lightning and all) and got Khelben Arunsun (30% Whimsy, 10% Ruthlessness, 66% Routine).

Hmmm... I bet most of the librarians who took this test would end up as Khelben. Ed being the exception, of course

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Kamber
Acolyte

South Africa
10 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  14:22:33  Show Profile  Visit Kamber's Homepage Send Kamber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I managed to get the Simbul, what are the odds out of a male dominated list I get a female, dammit!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  17:32:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faramicos

Cool test... But now you must all bow before my feet, as i am the almighty Manshoon... BOW FOOLS

Bow? Why? Going by just arcane might, Manshoon is one of the weakest on the list.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gladi
Acolyte

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  20:22:14  Show Profile  Visit Gladi's Homepage Send Gladi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bright day
So far I am the only Szass Tam here. (43% Whimsy, 45% Ruthlessness, 42% Routine)
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  21:01:37  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Halaster. Odd for a pixie...

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  21:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Hmmm... does that mean you also have a brother who is your superior in every physical aspect?

Well, I do have a brother. . . [long pause]

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  02:33:38  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, my wife and I both got Manshoon... I haven't figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  03:39:49  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

El, "Quit messing around, get ye back to mopping the floors, ye foolish apprentice, else I won't shwo ye some new Art."

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  03:41:06  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

Well met! I took the test, answering all the questions truthfully (assuming if I were able to hurl Chain Lightning and all) and got Khelben Arunsun (30% Whimsy, 10% Ruthlessness, 66% Routine).

Hmmm... I bet most of the librarians who took this test would end up as Khelben. Ed being the exception, of course

Personally I think the test is stacked in Els favor.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  04:57:54  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am apparently stark raving mad, ruthless, unpredictable, and I love it. Coincidence? I think not. Halaster Blackcloak here. Chosen of Mystra, you may begin trembling now.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  05:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Hmmm... Big Al wound up getting a tyrannical and evil archmage... Is anyone surprised?

I am so getting hit by the staff of the irritated moderator +5 for that one!

Hrumph! Why I oughta.. ::raised new ebony staff::

Wait, was the Manshoon or Moe-shoon? *ducks as Alaundo's staff swings*

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  11:40:09  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried answering as if it was really me, but few if any of the answers fit.
By choosing the least wrong answers, I came up with Elminster.
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  16:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster it is...dang it. I didn't want to be a powerful lecherous loony...uh wait a second. Yes I did! Yes I did!

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Gromph Baenre
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  18:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Gromph Baenre's Homepage Send Gromph Baenre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Khelben? What foolishness is this?

A plot on Quenthel's part to discredit me, no doubt!

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life-Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2005 :  19:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gromph Baenre

Khelben? What foolishness is this?

A plot on Quenthel's part to discredit me, no doubt!

Ah, GROMPH! Why didn't I think of Gromph? It's not like I'm halfway through Resurrection or anything.

Well, I suppose it's more the drow way to be secret and hidden.

Anyway. Carry on.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  03:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

So, my wife and I both got Manshoon... I haven't figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet!

C-Fb

Manshoon Wars--The Home Edition!

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  03:14:48  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Bow? Why? Going by just arcane might, Manshoon is one of the weakest on the list.

Wooly...lad....it's not the size of the staff, but the deftness by which one wields it. And haven't ye heard that politics and money are merely magics taken out of dusty towers and given a good airing? There is where Manshoon's greatest power lies...not in how to counterspell someone's spells but how to keep them from wanting to leave their towers at all.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Damian Naïlo
Acolyte

Colombia
13 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  04:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Damian Naïlo's Homepage Send Damian Naïlo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, Elminster I am. I don't know if I should be surprised, scared or ashamed.

"Why won't you look at me!? It's always Alustriel this, Alustriel that......look at me, for Mystra's sake!"
-Ilya Silverstar, from my campaign
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  15:07:35  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Khelben here

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  15:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got Elminster myself. In the beginning of the questioning had a serious case of Khelbenism, but then I got bored and started to kill everybody. maybe it thougt that I was too whimsical to be Khelben.

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", Brandobaris´ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page

SteelGeneral
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2005 :  15:58:02  Show Profile  Visit SteelGeneral's Homepage Send SteelGeneral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ended up with Elminster also...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000