Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Authors upcoming FR novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  17:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could we update this thread or create a new one with a summary list of all the upcoming novels, authors, short synopsis and release dates? This way, we would all be able to go to one definitive list to see what books are upcoming and when they are due to hit the store shelves.

It could be stickied to the top of the forum listing, and should be set up so no one can post to it, only update the main note with new information.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

((I will be happy to create it and maintain it.))
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  01:24:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go right ahead. It sounds like a worthwhile idea.

If you require assistance... send me a PM .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2006 :  16:19:57  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I'm told there will be a tie-in Realms of the Undead anthology.

I will be these novels the day they come out. sounds great.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Unen_Stealthfoot
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  22:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Unen_Stealthfoot's Homepage Send Unen_Stealthfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know when RA Salvatore's third Sellswords trilogy book will come out?

"God is dead, I killed him"-Nietsche
"Nietsche is dead, I killed him"-God
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  23:05:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Unen_Stealthfoot

Does anybody know when RA Salvatore's third Sellswords trilogy book will come out?

Amazon has it listed for near the end of Oct of this year.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  13:23:32  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

I like Drizzt but I think hes a bit overhyped. But I would still like to see another series featuring him.

I think that salvatore is a great writer.... but i do belive that drizzt needs some serios challenges, when it was new it was cool with the larger than life drow ranger, but now its gettin a little old. Need gritty hardcore fights where drizzt not allways need to win. serious opposition makes things more spicey!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  13:32:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

quote:

I like Drizzt but I think hes a bit overhyped. But I would still like to see another series featuring him.

I think that salvatore is a great writer.... but i do belive that drizzt needs some serios challenges, when it was new it was cool with the larger than life drow ranger, but now its gettin a little old. Need gritty hardcore fights where drizzt not allways need to win. serious opposition makes things more spicey!

Wasn't fighting the Chosen of Gruumsh some tough opposition?

I got the impression, IIRC now?! It's been 3 books since I read the trilogy.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2006 :  00:22:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree--the battle with Obould wasn't exactly a piece of cake for Drizzt.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2006 :  10:11:46  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

quote:

Wasn't fighting the Chosen of Gruumsh some tough opposition?

I got the impression, IIRC now?! It's been 3 books since I read the trilogy.

To some extend, but the fight wasent quite what I am talking about. Obould being tough and all, no mistakeing that

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

XNedra
Acolyte

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  01:05:41  Show Profile Send XNedra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Yall are writing more books then I can keep up with lol. And does anyone know if there is going to be another Drizzt series?

Some of us pray that there won't be...

Drizzt is WotC's golden boy. They'll not let go of him for a long, long time. I think it's safe to say that there will be another Drizzt trilogy in the next decade.

I hope there is another Drzzt trilogy. It was Drizzt that got me back into FR as I had not read or been involved in any FR campaign for about 7 years. Blame my partner he is book shy and hates when I sit and read.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  01:16:18  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A new Drizzt trilogy, called Transitions, has already been confirmed. There's a short story in Realms of the Elves called "Comrades at Odds" that sets up (some of) the Transitions storylines. It seems the first book at least will focus on Obould's new kingdom, Drizzt (of course), and another regenade drow (who might remain evil, or who might turn to good).
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  16:12:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

I know this has been mentioned on the forums recently, but the Amazon page is now up for Richard Baker's new hardcover novel for May next year:

The Swordmage (The Witchiron Blade, book 1)

Richard's blog gives the following:

quote:
It's a class we are going to design and publish someday, but it probably won't be in 2008... with one key exception: I'm featuring a swordmage named Geran Hulmaster as the protagonist in my upcoming Forgotten Realms trilogy, beginning with the aptly-titled novel "Swordmage." It'll be out in May.

Thanks to Bob Sammis for the scoop.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  02:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

I know this has been mentioned on the forums recently, but the Amazon page is now up for Richard Baker's new hardcover novel for May next year:

The Swordmage (The Witchiron Blade, book 1)

Hmm, I checked that page, and it seems to be saying that the series title is Blades of Moonsea.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 03 Oct 2007 02:47:18
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  04:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich mentioned at Gen Con that Swordmage would be set (at least in part) in Hulburg.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:28:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Rich mentioned at Gen Con that Swordmage would be set (at least in part) in Hulburg.

Dumb question I know but here goes:

Where pray tell is Hulburg?

Thanks!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  17:19:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Dumb question I know but here goes:

Where pray tell is Hulburg?

Thanks!

Hulburg is a city located in the Moonsea area. See the relevant regional sources on the Moonsea area itself, for specific Realmslore references.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000