Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Do you remember "Spellfire"?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolvenrick
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  06:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Wolvenrick's Homepage Send Wolvenrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been away from the books for awhile and loooking thru the old ones and found the book "SPELLFIRE" Now my ? is did this turn out to be a series or just a stand alone book?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  07:26:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a trilogy. Spellfire, Crown of Fire, Hand of Fire.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  07:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a trilogy that is worth your time reading it, trust me.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  11:27:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the name of the trilogy is Shandril's Saga.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  17:37:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hehe, forgot that since I have the originals before it was repacked into what it's called now. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:03:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Hehe, forgot that since I have the originals before it was repacked into what it's called now. :)

Ditto. Though I think my copy of Spellfire is the second one. I know I replaced it, and there's at least one part that I recall that doesn't seem to be in the copy I have now.

Go to Top of Page

jklang
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:37:10  Show Profile  Visit jklang's Homepage Send jklang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, the new Spellfire has new passages in it, whereas Crown of Fire stayed the same and Hand of fire was new.
Go to Top of Page

Wolvenrick
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  05:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Wolvenrick's Homepage Send Wolvenrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks guys I do remember reading it back in high school.How it ended,it seemed to me that it was a stand alone
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  05:52:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolvenrick

thanks guys I do remember reading it back in high school.How it ended,it seemed to me that it was a stand alone

Well, it was, originally. It was years later that TSR asked Ed to continue Shandril's tale.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  14:52:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wolvenrick

Well, it was, originally. It was years later that TSR asked Ed to continue Shandril's tale.

Ed provided some insight into the conclusion of Shandril's saga here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/shandril

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000