Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A series based on villains? (No -- not a hint)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  06:28:49  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

I have long wanted to write a book about Elaith, so I've given this matter a lot of thought. I think it would be possible to pull off adventures told from the perspective of an evil character, but I'm very aware of the pitfalls, not the least of which is one of the worries Bob had about over-exposing the drow: stripping away the veil of mystery that is a large part of their appeal.

Elaine,what are the major pitfalls that concern you the most?

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Gromph Baenre
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  20:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Gromph Baenre's Homepage Send Gromph Baenre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally would like to see independent villains like Elaith and maybe some about Obould. They were really intruiging characters and felt like they could have carried their own books.
And Gromph should have his own series of course! :D

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life-Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Misericordia
Seeker

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  21:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Misericordia's Homepage Send Misericordia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would gladly read a book about Obould also. Think he may be a great character...and I love orcs!

Omnia sunt communia.
Go to Top of Page

Gromph Baenre
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  00:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Gromph Baenre's Homepage Send Gromph Baenre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I liked is how it took orcs out of the cannon-fodder position we always see them in, especially in Salvatore's novels.

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life-Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2005 :  05:38:35  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have only browsed through this topic, but I really liked the following:
quote:
For instance, take Manshoon: the novel could be about a wizard who finds himself apprenticed to Manshoon. Through his eyes, we get a greater degree of insight into Manshoon's life and outlook on things. He isn't necessarily represented as a true villain, nor as a hero -- rather, we can see his motives and justification for his actions, incredibly wrong-headed as they might be.

I have not voted yet ... I need to ponder a second or two

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2005 :  08:12:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it looks like "evil" is in, because Thomas Reid has just announced that he's writing a novel trilogy on Khannyr Vhok and Aliisa from the WotSQ series.

I personally think that a novel or novel series with a non-good main protagonist would be readable and workable, especially taking on board Elaine's comments re evil fighting a BIGGER evil. Sometimes evil doesn't have to be a guy hacking up people with a chainsaw, it can be .. well .. described better in terms of being "unprincipled".

That's how I see Elaith. The means justifies the ends, selfish and egotistical to the core and he 'helps' only when the end result is going to benefit him. You know, the "enemy of my enemies, is my friend"-stuff (with the silent rider: "for now"!).

And an interesting novel might show how someone like Elaith deals with the 'good guys' doing their stuff and frustrating his plans or derailing his schemes and machinations without getting to him or linking stuff to him directly. Good 'wins' but we see how the "evil" guy copes with and deals with the struggle and contest - and lives to be 'evil' another day.

Looks like FR fiction is getting interesting. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2005 :  17:12:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Well, it looks like "evil" is in, because Thomas Reid has just announced that he's writing a novel trilogy on Khannyr Vhok and Aliisa from the WotSQ series.

Now there's an idea whose time has come. Aliizsa was one of my favorite characters from the epic 6.

quote:
And an interesting novel might show how someone like Elaith deals with the 'good guys' doing their stuff and frustrating his plans or derailing his schemes and machinations without getting to him or linking stuff to him directly. Good 'wins' but we see how the "evil" guy copes with and deals with the struggle and contest - and lives to be 'evil' another day.[/i]

I've long thought a cool novel would be from the perspective of a dungeon master (as in, not the gaming referee, but someone who operates a dungeon like, say, Halaster) who has to deal with morale ("Gods of the Dark, the goblins are getting restless again"), supply worries ("What do you mean, Felbarr refuses to ship because of philosophical differences? Sigh. Fine -- go with the zhent smiths again. Talos! I hate dwarves"), and the occasional roving adventurers ("I vanquish thee in the name of XXXXX!" "Right then." [Meteor swarm]). Such a thing, whenever it crosses my mind, brings back all these wonderful Dungeon Keeper memories.

[quote]Looks like FR fiction is getting interesting. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

-- George Krashos

You mean, it wasn't interesting before?

Seriously though -- possibilities.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  15:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

I'd like to see the Zhentarim given more serious treatment, and yes maybe even come out on top for once. I'd like to see much more of Manshoon and Fzoul, and I'd really like to see what Sememmon is up to these days, as well as Scyllua Darkhope. So we could have a four part series that focuses on these characters

The Manshoon Wars self explanatory
The Black Hand of Bane Resurrection of Bane through the eyes of Fzoul
Darkhold Fugitives Ashemmi and Sememmon's adventures since fleeing Darkhold.
Darkhope Scyllua Lays claim to Scardale as the "rightful" heir of the Aumersair family.

Someone go and tell Phil Athans hes been retrenched!

Xysma you are to report to WOTC offices in Seattle you are now the new head of the book department!

dreams.... dreams.... dreams.... wakes... D'oh!

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  16:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think, too, that a novel with a villain or anti-hero as protagonist is really a good idea!
And, after read Elaine“s comments about "evil fighting a bigger evil", some ideas pop up in my mind:

- Halaster Blackcloak: he is the greatest wildcard actually in Faerūn. Let“s see some things: Halaster is sane, after the events of Elminster in Hell; Hal is sane, not good; Hal lives in Undermountain, and is a free agent of Mystra; Khelben Arunsun lives in Waterdeep, and is an agent of Mystra; Hal received some kicks of the Twisted Rune in the past; Khelben, too. Khelben have the Grandstaff of Hilather (I don“t remember where I read this, but I think that was in the Cloak & Dagger... I“m correct?). So, paint the big picture...
- in other way, I think that a great novel with Szass Tamm, showing the internal struggles that he have to confront to be the big guy of the red wizards, and having the climax in a final confrontation of the lich against a furious and vengeful Eltab

ouch...
this hurts...

Hammer of Moradin

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  16:09:54  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by Hammer of Moradin

- in other way, I think that a great novel with Szass Tamm, showing the internal struggles that he have to confront to be the big guy of the red wizards, and having the climax in a final confrontation of the lich against a furious and vengeful Eltab

You might want to read The Crimson Gold by Voronica Whitney-Robinson then[;)}

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  17:40:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

- Halaster Blackcloak: he is the greatest wildcard actually in Faerūn. Let“s see some things: Halaster is sane, after the events of Elminster in Hell; Hal is sane, not good; Hal lives in Undermountain, and is a free agent of Mystra; Khelben Arunsun lives in Waterdeep, and is an agent of Mystra; Hal received some kicks of the Twisted Rune in the past; Khelben, too. Khelben have the Grandstaff of Hilather (I don“t remember where I read this, but I think that was in the Cloak & Dagger... I“m correct?). So, paint the big picture...

Khelben is unlikely to move against Halaster, though. Halaster's presence is necessary to keep Undermountain stable. In fact, when Halaster was kidnapped, Khelben helped sponsor his rescue.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Desolation
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  22:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Desolation's Homepage Send Lord Desolation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to read a novel devoted to the glories of bane over the cyrists. A set of books detailing the battles that the followers of bane had to undergo to fight the cyrists.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2005 :  00:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would certainly love to read more about Elaith Whether a novel or a collection of short stories... it would be nice to get a proper glimpse at his "everyday life" - meetings with merchants, watch him spin intrigue, struggle with operations, face assassins/noble adventurers, etcetera.

I also would like to read about some mid-level Zhentarim agent, and what his life is like (in the same way that Ed wrote about a 5th level Harper agent in The Code of Harpers).

Any member of Twisted Rune, or Eldreth Veluuthra would also make for a great villain

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2005 :  00:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Unfortunately Erik when other threads of this nature pop up.You always get a few that say that you can't have an evil protagonist,and make it work well.I happen to disagree,and would love to see it more often.Elaith Craulnober definitely comes to mind...I would also love to see the origins of the Phaerimm up until the current realms year.

Hilather and the origin of the Phaerimm, perhaps in the same novel

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2005 :  00:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's novel Silverfall features many wonderfully-written and believable villains, and gives us glimpses of their dreams and hobbies beyond spinning intrigue and snarling defiantly at heroes ... that is what I would like to see in every novel! I would love to read more about that Zhentarim assassin who wrote romantic novels... why does he write them? Is it his passion, hobby, way to relax... or does he do it for the money? What is his "usual" day about? Why and how did he become a member of the Zhentarim? That is the kind of story I would really love to read about.

Go to Top of Page

Dragon Cultist
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  16:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Dragon Cultist's Homepage Send Dragon Cultist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Predictably enough -given my nickname here- I've voted for the Cult of the Dragon.

It would be interesting to see what would make a "follower of the Scaly Way" tick. The difference between the true zealots and the opportunistic archetypes of Cultist would be the key to making such villains anything but vile chanting lunatics.

One thing that heroes and villains may have in common, I think, is their loves or passions. Leaving stone-cold killers and certain monsters aside, many notable antagonists have driving passions; often their passions even become their undoing. In any case, a story about a (zealot) Dragon Cultist could emphasize the deep awe, and yes love, such a person has for the evil dragon. Now I wouldn't argue that such love wouldn't be misguided, but a tragic love like that could make for good storytelling.

One thought which I haven't come across yet in this thread: what about a villainous character who gets "redeemed", as it were? If told in a believable way, this could work even for those people who like to see the good guys win in every fantasy book they read. I guess I'm talking about a sort of Anakin-Skywalker-turns-Darth-Vader-but-in-reverse story. (Mmmm...bad analogy. For Vader is a redeemed villain in the very end, as told in Episode VI. But I digress.)

"And naught will be left save shattered thrones with no rulers.
But the dead dragons shall rule the world entire..."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  17:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Cultist

One thing that heroes and villains may have in common, I think, is their loves or passions. Leaving stone-cold killers and certain monsters aside, many notable antagonists have driving passions; often their passions even become their undoing. In any case, a story about a (zealot) Dragon Cultist could emphasize the deep awe, and yes love, such a person has for the evil dragon. Now I wouldn't argue that such love wouldn't be misguided, but a tragic love like that could make for good storytelling.

Very true. I've long thought that "hunger for power" isn't really a strong motivation for a villain. I mean, yes, they want power, but I always look for what end that power is a means to.

Is it the desire to be respected or feared? ("Bow before the Realms-shaking wrath of the mighty, powerful, awe-inspiring. . . Meepo?")

Desire for beautiful women/men/things? ("Bloody hands are impermanent -- love (or, rather, lust) lasts FOREVER!")

Coin and gems? ("Shiny shiny!")

A legacy? ("My mighty father could not slay thee, great black dragon of the burning sands, but I, Sir Bush the second..." Opps. )

Making up for a tragic or impoverished childhood? ("Daddy didn't buy me a pony, so I'm going to rain down my fury on the Dalelands?")

There are lots of reasons to do great and mighty evil, but, to my mind, unless the villain is completely insane, it's always to a purpose.

When I see a power-hungry antagonist, I'm always asking "What does he really want?" or "Why is she really doing this?"

Same goes with destroying the world / genocide.

Does the villain have something against the world or a given species? ("Darn those halflings!")

Seeking to purify it? ("Eat soap and water, light fingered fiends!")

Just blood-thirsty? ("Ah. . . heh. Not going there.")

Who knows?

quote:
One thought which I haven't come across yet in this thread: what about a villainous character who gets "redeemed", as it were? If told in a believable way, this could work even for those people who like to see the good guys win in every fantasy book they read.

True, true. I think that redemption or the possibility of redemption plays a pivotal role in most good stories centered on villains. Whether they are actually redeemed in the end or whether they die trying, it's a satisfactory story. Even if evil wins and the antihero doesn't turn to the good side, there's still that flicker of hope and goodness left burning, no matter how faint, and that gives me hope.

quote:
I guess I'm talking about a sort of Anakin-Skywalker-turns-Darth-Vader-but-in-reverse story. (Mmmm...bad analogy. For Vader is a redeemed villain in the very end, as told in Episode VI. But I digress.)

Excellent analogy, actually! Though my comment will be a shade off topic:

You mean. . . Vader gets redeemed? NOOO!!! Star Wars is spoiled for me forever!!!

(Ok, just kidding -- though it's based on a true story. Nothing beats watching Empire Strikes Back with one of the "uninitiated in the mysteries of classic theater" who gasps when Vader says, "No -- I am [SPOILER]." Good times.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  18:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Khelben is unlikely to move against Halaster, though. Halaster's presence is necessary to keep Undermountain stable. In fact, when Halaster was kidnapped, Khelben helped sponsor his rescue.

Well, Wooly! And that is exactly my idea... no Khelben against Halaster. I want to see Khenben AND Halaster kicking some Twisted Rune“s guys!!!
Khenben can manipulate Halaster to do this without no one to know, or promise to return the Grandstaff to him... anyway, it will be interesting seeing the (ex)mad wizard using his ways against and evil organization...

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  20:53:54  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

I don't remember making those comments.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  20:55:56  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Well, I think, too, that a novel with a villain or anti-hero as protagonist is really a good idea!
And, after read Elaine“s comments about "evil fighting a bigger evil", some ideas pop up in my mind:

ouch...
this hurts...

Hammer of Moradin

Now Chosen is taking my moniker! It's not enough to be a Chosen, but now you have to be me!

I still say the villains would have to be the antagonist, and not the protagonist.

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  21:06:55  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now Chosen is taking my moniker! It's not enough to be a Chosen, but now you have to be me!

I still say the villains would have to be the antagonist, and not the protagonist.

Oh, northern cousin, I“m sorry! Being a brazilian "you", I forget that here I“m a worldly "me"...
Wow! What an identity crisis!!!

Hammer... err... Chosen of Moradin

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2005 :  21:29:47  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:

I don't remember making those comments.

My bad Hammer, similarity of names and such. Oh - and I sometimes get my brothers' 'second' names mixed up...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  04:34:35  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Too many followers of Moradin laying about.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2005 :  14:41:55  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, and not enough followers of Dumathoin...

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Antareana
Seeker

Germany
59 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2005 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Antareana's Homepage Send Antareana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm, I would soo like to read the four "Zhentish" Novels
And I always wanted to read a book about Manshoon/Manshoons Past/the Manshoon Wars...

but on the other hand, I would give a kiss to the Author who brings up more about Lord Shadow, especially his past. So no true decision here ^^'

It is all just a past and future secret

Go to Top of Page

wiseguysez
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  01:39:45  Show Profile  Visit wiseguysez's Homepage Send wiseguysez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think i'd prefer a book about the less popular villains of the forgotten realms. Hearing about the plots of the Thayans or Zents isn't so uncommon as the Shadow Thieves. Well... from what i'v seen of the forgotten realms
Go to Top of Page

Errein
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  13:47:54  Show Profile  Visit Errein's Homepage Send Errein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bring on the Eldreth Veluthra...
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  13:50:08  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of the Elrdreth Veluthra...or possibly the drow.

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  18:09:27  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, I just wanted to thank you personally for how you constantly contribute on these forums and ask us what we would like to read about, and banter with us, and other such stuff.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  15:37:15  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Erik, I just wanted to thank you personally for how you constantly contribute on these forums and ask us what we would like to read about, and banter with us, and other such stuff.

Aww shucks. You're very welcome, Hawk.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000