Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Experienced help for recommending FR Novels.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  16:06:11  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
starlight and shadows, most of the harper series, fighter series, rogue series, priest series, and the nobles (escape from undermountain, council of blades, and war in tethyr only) these books have greatly influenced my world view(toril world view)

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  20:42:56  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! that's what I want to finish up with the things that change Toril and the start with the more drizzty types of books. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ajfurst
Acolyte

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  12:40:48  Show Profile  Visit ajfurst's Homepage Send ajfurst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only recently joined Candlekeep, but I've found the question in this thread interesting. I started reading FR novels from the start with the Moonshae ones, after reading the Weis and Hickman Dragonlance Chronicles, and have read most of the FR novels since then.

I feel like pinching myself as that's 20 years worth of reading FR novels. Loking back over them all trying to pick the first few to read is a challenge. The Forgotten realms is huge - just in terms of the number of novels, without the even larger amount of official and non-official D&D lore.

Having started with the Moonshae trilogy and the original FR box set I've had the advantage of getting it bit by bit over the (many) years. Which is a round-about way of saying I lean to the point of view that the best realms introductions, is novels that don't convey (or rely on) a large amount of realms knowledge - so the new reader can just enjoy the bit of the world the books are focused on without too much larger picture stuff. After a few books like this then ones that start to paint with a broader brush come into it.

So I'd recommend as my books two groups.
First group to read:
The Crystal shard
Azure Bonds (although it covers a fair area it doesn't dwell on them, they are very incidental to the story of Alias)
Spellfire
Sembia Series

Second group to read - they've dipped their toe, now it's time to show the realms to their fullest -
The Harpers (as between the lot they take the reader to a lot of the realms)

After that they've got a rough idea of where everything is and how it fits together, I'd then tell them to read in chronological order (FR time wise, not publishing time wise :) )
Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  02:52:10  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations, I just happen to have finished the order of books to read I had established for myself and I just received a big order from E Bay. I would like your expert help deciding a new order of books.

Books I have read (in order):
The whole Legend of Drizzt
The Clerics Quintet (My favourite series so far)
The War of the Spider Queen
Elminster (1-5)
Evermeet : Island of Elves
Cormyr (1-3)
The Avatar (1-3)
The Prince of Lies
The Shadow of the Avatar (1-3)
The Return of the Archwizards (1-3)
Realms of Shadows
Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad
The Year of Rogue Dragons (1-3)
Finders Stone (1-3) (second favourite)
Promise of the Witch King

Books I possess but have yet to read:
The Harpers
The Druidhome Trilogy
The Moonshae Trilogy
Twilight Giants (1-3)

I would like to establish with your help an order in which to read these books. (If another series is required to read one of the ones above then please tell me)

Thank You.

Edited by - lelorien on 29 Dec 2007 02:54:37
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  02:58:32  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
harpers, moonshae, druidhome, then giants
Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  15:28:09  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's nothing I should read between these series?
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  21:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lelorien

There's nothing I should read between these series?

Don't overthink it. Read the series in the order you want. It's not set in stone that you MUST read The Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy after the Return of the Archwizards trilogy, for example.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:25:10  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Understood, but for example in The Return of The Archwizards the one most high (or something like that) has dealings with a dracolich and the cult of the dragon and in my point of view it's always gratifying to read about a character or a subject you followed in another book. If, of course, it is feasable.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lelorien

Understood, but for example in The Return of The Archwizards the one most high (or something like that) has dealings with a dracolich and the cult of the dragon and in my point of view it's always gratifying to read about a character or a subject you followed in another book. If, of course, it is feasable.

But that is going to happen no matter what order you read the series in.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:29:58  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True. Just wanted to make a point ;) oh and thanks for the astonashingly quick reply.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2007 :  01:35:17  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome!

Go to Top of Page

Shadow_stormsword
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2008 :  18:06:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadow_stormsword's Homepage Send Shadow_stormsword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started with the Icewind Dale Trilogy and I absolutely loved it! it got me pulled into the Realms, then I read the clerical quintet and finished off all the RAS books, I'm about halfway through the Elminster Series and I randomly read books from the wizards books and basically anything else that catches my interest.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2008 :  20:54:17  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_stormsword

I started with the Icewind Dale Trilogy and I absolutely loved it! it got me pulled into the Realms, then I read the clerical quintet and finished off all the RAS books, I'm about halfway through the Elminster Series and I randomly read books from the wizards books and basically anything else that catches my interest.

For further reading you might want to first pic a particular time/time period/chain of events that you have heard of elsewhere and that you might be interested in reading on. That way you can narrow down any possible suggestions!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Skunkeen
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2008 :  12:08:08  Show Profile  Visit Skunkeen's Homepage Send Skunkeen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My lady is addicted to romance novels. she has been gaming FR for years so she knows FR from my games. now ive not read it yet but I gave her "Evermeet" the novel, not the 2ed RPG book. and she has been strugling with intrests. and Ive been able to help her fine with any questions she had without me getting a spoiler from the book. yet the novel isnt hooking her. she says there is too much different transitions in time and characters within the same chapters that its hard to stay within the time line of the book its self.

I know my FR RPG books wont be her flavor. but I really need to take advantage of this to drive a war hammer into Fabio's kneecaps. and hook her onto FR novels. something with a lil romance would hook her.
Go to Top of Page

Jodes_Quenthal
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2008 :  05:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Jodes_Quenthal's Homepage Send Jodes_Quenthal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skun,

Romance novels? I would have to say the Songs and Swords or Starlight and Shadows by Elaine Cunningham has offered the most romance that I've read. Danillo and Aryln in particular have the opposites that attracts chemistry that gets more intense every novel. The conclusion to the series and the relationship is coming out at the end of the year.

May the Realms live on
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2008 :  01:44:09  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spine of the World by RAS (one of the Drizzt books) is more or less a romance novel in disguise. It's probably best to read that after having read the Drizzt books before it, though.

Master of Chains (one book in the Fighters series) wasn't only a great book, but it had a lot of soap-opera style romance in it, too (and I mean "soap opera" in a good way). Don't let "brutal-looking" cover fool you.

Go to Top of Page

lelorien
Acolyte

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2008 :  02:19:57  Show Profile  Visit lelorien's Homepage Send lelorien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember the spine of the world! Long time... It had a good twist, I recommend it along with all the other drizzt novels.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  19:38:12  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skunkeen

My lady is addicted to romance novels. she has been gaming FR for years so she knows FR from my games. now ive not read it yet but I gave her "Evermeet" the novel, not the 2ed RPG book. and she has been strugling with intrests. and Ive been able to help her fine with any questions she had without me getting a spoiler from the book. yet the novel isnt hooking her. she says there is too much different transitions in time and characters within the same chapters that its hard to stay within the time line of the book its self.

I know my FR RPG books wont be her flavor. but I really need to take advantage of this to drive a war hammer into Fabio's kneecaps. and hook her onto FR novels. something with a lil romance would hook her.

Year of the rogue dragons trilogy has a romance aspect to the overall story
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  20:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You'd probably have better luck trying to introduce her to paranormal chick lit. You know, that tripe with vampires and "kick-ass" crime-fighting/detective/super-special-awesome heroines with supernatural hot studs fighting over them: some of the authors churning out those trash include Charlaine Harris, Kelly Armstrong, Laurell K. Hamilton, Tanya Huff, Mary Janice Davidson, and so on. Nearly all of it is undiluted drivel and practically every single one is a clone of each other (kinda like the rest of the romance genre), but it's a way to wean her from even stinkier crap. Then, after she can swallow supernatural elements in her fiction, move her toward FR novels.

I second the EC recommendation - her handling of romantic character relationships is neither too twee nor too unconvincing. Otherwise, though, I can't think of anything else. There are plenty of FR novels with romance, but very little of the romance portions is any good. Still, what she's reading right now is probably even worse. The only way is up.

Edited by - Karzak on 12 Apr 2008 20:57:42
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  23:13:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, it's a rare FR novel that doesn't have some type of romantic subplot.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  01:48:48  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm; Skunkeen, your lady likes what SORT of romance novels?
As in: is the sex or hot passion in the forefront, or the soul searching/romantic chase? Humorous/played for laughs, or very, very serious? Modern setting or period? (As in: is there more to the tale than just the relationship?)
For instance, out of Karzak's list of some writers of what's politely called "paranormal romance," let's pick just one: Tanya Huff.
Tanya has also written three humorous fantasies about the Keeper, which are romances in which the male and female are primarily concerned with fantasy problems, and DON'T quickly bed or coo over each other. In fact, they're usually fighting each other or angry with each other.
Earlier, Tanya wrote THE FIRE'S STONE, which is a straight-ahead fantasy adventure quest novel that just happens to include a very good love triangle between three major characters. Again, worlds away from "wild Harlequin sex scenes," but the romance IS there. This one I highly recommend as a good read . . . but I'm not sure if it will work for your purposes, not knowing your lady's reading preferences well enough.
I might be able to suggest some other titles (such as Caroline Stevermer's deservedly well-acclaimed A COLLEGE OF MAGICS, or some of McKillip's [almost all of them are romances on one level or another] or McKinley's fantasies [THE BLUE SWORD, THE HERO AND THE CROWN]; both of these authors have won awards for their books), if I did know a little more about her tastes.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 14 Apr 2008 01:51:46
Go to Top of Page

Dezmodu
Acolyte

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  21:02:31  Show Profile  Visit Dezmodu's Homepage Send Dezmodu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanx for all the huge amount of great titles, I ordered bunch and cant wait til they get delivered.
but witch one to read first, elminster 1-3 or clerical quintet 1-5?
so many options

DeZ

paladin: Ignorance is no excuse!
Rogue: Why?
Paladin: I don't know.
Rogue: IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!!!
Go to Top of Page

demonsbane
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  11:09:55  Show Profile  Visit demonsbane's Homepage Send demonsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't really read much of the newer books but what got me hooked at first are:
1. Curse of the Azure Bonds (+ sequels)
2. Crystal Shard (+ first 2 sequels and 3 prequels, ambivalent about the rest of them)
3. Avatar Trilogy

One that I would avoid is "Pools of Radiance". I was quite fond of that game in the Gold Box but the book sucked. I think I've almost succeeded in wiping it from my memory now. Thank Shar!
Go to Top of Page

Skunkeen
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  19:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Skunkeen's Homepage Send Skunkeen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hmmm; Skunkeen, your lady likes what SORT of romance novels?
As in: is the sex or hot passion in the forefront, or the soul searching/romantic chase? Humorous/played for laughs, or very, very serious? Modern setting or period? (As in: is there more to the tale than just the relationship?)

she likes all sorts of romance that you listed above, mostly ones with a hint of adventure in them. its awesome that she doesnt enjoy modern settings the same as myself. but shes never tried pure fantasy novels. I selfishly rather boost my FR collection then get into other fantasy novels. but reading your advice perhaps a outside fantasy novel might help. right now she is reading Doughter of the Drow. and I helped her get a voice acting role as a Drow for a NWN2 module. she seems to like the feminist power Drow have so I may try her on the dark elf trilogy (knowing she may be eager to turn each page for something noughty and let down) cant blame me for trying if it does work out. thank you folks for your advice and input!
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  19:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
she seems to like the feminist power Drow

I feel very sorry for anyone who thinks the drow are "feminist."

quote:
have so I may try her on the dark elf trilogy (knowing she may be eager to turn each page for something noughty and let down)

Are you serious? The Dark Elf trilogy is about as naughty as My Little Pony. War of the Spider Queen would be a much better choice.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  07:47:29  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot say whether the R.A. Salvatore Realms works would be more or less appropriate for new readers compared to other authors' works, but if one has decided to go the RAS route, personally, I would recommend beginning with the books of "The Icewind Dale Trilogy", first, before moving on to those of "The Dark Elf Trilogy". Much has been said here of "TIDT" being a more well-rounded adventure, and less dark drama or whatever. But my reasoning is different. From <some responses I made on the RAS Forums>:
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST
I think it's best to start with "The Icewind Dale Trilogy", which RAS wrote before "The Dark Elf Trilogy". "TIDT" is where he introduced us to the characters. It makes Drizzt very mysterious and intriguing.

If you go with "TDET" first, then that kinda spoils the mystery of Drizzt's character in "TIDT". :( [...]

The catch there being that the books that were written first ARE the beginning. That's where RAS began to reveal the character of Drizzt Do'Urden to us as readers. In that beginning, most of Drizzt's background was mysterious, and we mostly grew to understand his character through how he interacted with the people of Icewind Dale, rather than by seeing what he had been through up to that point in his life. The lack of significant insight into Drizzt's past in those first books is precisely what made fans so hungry to read more about the character, and so, that's why RAS went back and wrote the prequel trilogy later. What I'm saying is that starting with the prequel "TDET" kinda spoils the nuance and mystery of Drizzt's background that would instead come if you started with "TIDT".

It is of course completely the reader's choice whether to start with "TDET" as the chronological beginning of "The Legend of Drizzt", or to start with "TIDT" as the thematic beginning of the Legend. I am of course biased toward the latter since I got in on the Legend from the very beginning with the earlier-written trilogy, but regardless, I still would more enthusiastically recommend the notion of encountering the hero Drizzt Do'Urden gradually, as in "TIDT", rather than in the fully concentrated form of "TDET". I think a person will enjoy the unfolding presentation of the character better that way. That's all I'm saying. :) [...]

Ordinarily, with most subjects, [...] I'd be right there with ya on that [chronological] approach. It's perfectly logical.

But the deal here is that these books are not perfectly logical, and they weren't planned out and published in a perfectly logical manner. They're art, which is as much indulgence in irrationality and illogic as it is systematic and orderly.

If one reads the books in chrono order, he can certainly follow along on the adventures of Drizzt in the order the events were supposed to have occurred, in a nice, logical fashion. But he will also miss out on that intangible quality of suspense and intrigue that comes from reading about Drizzt in the manner that RAS wrote about him: gradually, piecemeal, and in a state of evolution.

You could read "TIDT" first and pick up on the intrigue, then go back and read "TDET", slightly out of chronological order, without too much confusion. That's the way a lot of us oldtimers had to do it. No problem. If you want, you can always go back and re-read the books in proper chrono order at a later date, just to fix things in your mind in their correct sequence.

But if you start with "TDET" in proper chronological order, and then move on to "TIDT", a great deal of Drizzt's character will have already been revealed to you, and so he just won't be as intriguing and mysterious when you read about him in "TIDT". IMO, the shame would be to miss out on THAT experience. :/

Nevertheless, of course I still realize that eventually it all just comes down to making your own personal choice. I read the books all out of order because of library availability issues, but I still pretty much figured out what was what, alright. So if I could get by with such a scatterbrained approach, everybody else should be able to make something else work. :)

And I apply the same logic to the idea of possibe Drizzt films some day, <#1> and <#2>.

At any rate, that's my story . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

And I think I would recommend the non-journaled original Icewind Dale books myself.

*blinks* They went back and added journals to them?

Well met

Wooly, KnightErrantJR refers to The Legend of Drizzt series (which covers all RAS novels except Servant of the Shard). I don't have the tomes myself but I have seen them. The cover art is very impressive (Todd Lockwood, I believe), and the books contain interviews with RAS, and forewords by Ed etc.) Certainly worth getting if you're a fan of the books

Technically, the Drizzt Diaries were first added into the books of "The Icewind Dale Trilogy" with the Collector's Edition (2000), before the Lockwood-covered "The Legend of Drizzt" editions (2005). The CE was also where the would-be corrections to Drizzt's age and past events in Menzo were first inserted.

EDIT: Corrected date for TIDTCE, from "1999" to "2000".

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 14 May 2008 07:59:18
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  14:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beast, I think that's some good reasoning regarding what order to read the Drizzt books in.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 13 May 2008 14:31:48
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  14:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way--having read an older version The Crystal Shard, I can attest that the novel did not originally have "journal entries" in it. The journal entries seem to be something RAS started later.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  15:26:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

By the way--having read an older version The Crystal Shard, I can attest that the novel did not originally have "journal entries" in it. The journal entries seem to be something RAS started later.

Indeed. I've got one of the original printings of the trilogy. I got the older version (in surprisingly good shape) instead of the newer prints, because that was what I had before. I wanted the original version, with Drizzt being two hundred plus years old, instead of the version with the age retcon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 May 2008 15:30:31
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  19:44:21  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Indeed. I've got one of the original printings of the trilogy. I got the older version (in surprisingly good shape) instead of the newer prints, because that was what I had before. I wanted the original version, with Drizzt being two hundred plus years old, instead of the version with the age retcon.

Ugh. Second attempt. Time-out dumped my first try.

Aye, to the both of ye. And I, too, own a 1st-edition copy of The Crystal Shard, though mine is thoroughly worn and barely holding together now.

RAS began using his Drizzt Diary device in 1990 with "The Dark Elf Trilogy". It would be a decade more before he finally added the device to an edition of "The Icewind Dale Trilogy": The Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition (Hardcover, 2000).

There was some retconning going on there, but plenty of glitches still remained:
  • For one, readers were treated to the sections of each novel continuing to be called "Books". Thus, one could open the book cover, turn to "Book II: Streams of Silver", and then turn further to "Book II: Allies": a book within a book within a book.

• The order of events which Drizzt recollects concerning how he acquired the Guenhwyvar figurine is still wrong, vis a vis Homeland.

• Guenhwyvar's gender remains male in all three books, even in the latest Lockwood-covered "The Legend of Drizzt" editions.

• etc.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 14 May 2008 19:56:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000