Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Castle of shadow
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  05:09:41  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the Malaugrym various description (from 2E products) there is a Castle of shadow mentioned. Is there any more info about their "home" except his name?

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  05:47:18  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im pretty sure alot of the Shadow of the Avatar trilogy is set there

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  14:21:44  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Im pretty sure alot of the Shadow of the Avatar trilogy is set there

Yes it is. The castle is located in the plane of shadow(surprise surprise) and the shadows there apparently contribute to the malaugryms shapechanging abilities. Adventurers entering the castle almost immediately find themselves "changing" in all manner of ways and places.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  00:37:59  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was looking to find some info on the plane of shadow (some described feature maybe) in various 2E/3E sources, but I didn't found anything really interesting.. Maybe I missed something ? (Nearly nothing in Planespace material, a small write-up in both Manual of the Planes (1E/3E)..

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  02:04:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

I was looking to find some info on the plane of shadow (some described feature maybe) in various 2E/3E sources, but I didn't found anything really interesting.. Maybe I missed something ? (Nearly nothing in Planespace material, a small write-up in both Manual of the Planes (1E/3E)..

In Planescape material it would be under the Ethereal, so the Guide to the Ethereal Plane sourcebook, because it was a demiplane in 2e.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  02:50:42  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Skeptic, et alia,

Here is the most updated link for material that can aid you in journey to understand those dark, scary places! :)

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shadowfell

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000