Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 one tank?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

archer123
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:41:11  Show Profile  Visit archer123's Homepage Send archer123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm at the beginning of BG2 playing with only one tank – Minsc, instead of two or even three tanks, for instance Keldorn. So, instead of Minsc, Keldorn and perhaps Kensai/Mage who acts both as fighter and wizard I have Minsc, archer, Joshimo (thief) an the rest are mages, because I like backstabbing, find traps and pickpocket and as for the archer, well, it is obvious what I like concerning him. So, my question is, well,probably obvious, but let me ask it anyway: is it a suicide to play with only one tank in BG2, or archer and maybe even the thief and sometimes a mage which casts stoneskin can sometimes compensate in melee combat, and is it, somehow, possible to have most of the times just Minsc ahead engaged in melee combat and the rest PCs backing him up with missile weapons and magic, having in mind creatures AI?

Arlenion
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  17:45:10  Show Profile  Visit Arlenion's Homepage Send Arlenion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is possible to play with only 1 tank; however you will need to do a lot of healing and summoning a lot of creatures to take damage for you. In one game I played all mages( single, multi and dual but no fighters) and it worked, I just had to rest a lot because I could only do so much damage and then I ran out of spells.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  21:16:53  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously I'm no moderator, but this sounds like somtething that'd be better placed in the section devoted to computer-products. http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000