Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Greatest Villain Ever
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Ioulaum
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2005 :  19:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Ioulaum's Homepage Send Ioulaum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

There's something intensely dislikeable about Kymil Nimesin to me which I can't quite put into words, so I went for him.

Thats because he is a elven ver of Osama Bin Laden. He is form his POV a hero who is willing to do what it takes to restore the purity of the elven race and anyone who disagrees with him is misguide at best or tratiors to the elven race at worse. If innocences die then so be it because it is all for the greater cause of elven purity.

He is also in my opinion one of the best villians ever because my reaction to him is to have him skin alive and stake over a ant hill in hundred degree heat. No other villian in FR has gotten that kind of reaction out of me.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  01:50:12  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I would have to Malkizid - he's got the most unlimited potential, and being immortal, has a memory to match. He was involved in starting a Crown War, and is currently guiding Sarya Dlardrageth to victory against the elves of Evermeet. I like him - plus he has that neat oozing wound on his forehead... always cool!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  11:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, I would have to Malkizid - he's got the most unlimited potential, and being immortal, has a memory to match. He was involved in starting a Crown War, and is currently guiding Sarya Dlardrageth to victory against the elves of Evermeet. I like him - plus he has that neat oozing wound on his forehead... always cool!

C-Fb

Pardon my asking, can I know where can I find this information that is mentioned above? Thanks.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  11:21:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

quote:

C-Fb

Pardon my asking, can I know where can I find this information that is mentioned above? Thanks.

'Tis in the Last Mythal novels, and also in Champions of Ruin.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  11:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

C-Fb

'Tis in the Last Mythal novels, and also in Champions of Ruin.

Thanks, Wooly Rupert.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Zelg of Cyric
Acolyte

44 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2005 :  11:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Zelg of Cyric's Homepage Send Zelg of Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my vote goes to Zelia, from Venom's Taste/Kiss.

"Even before he first walked the world as a mortal, Cyric had the will to resist the random call of Fate and make his own fortune. As his newborn soul stood before the goddesses, he cast a light upon Tymora's silver coin, blinding them to his presence. The deities never saw the coin fall, never settled their wager on Cyric's destiny. Thus was he born into the world without any fate save the one he himself could forge." -- from the Cyrinishad
Go to Top of Page

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2005 :  11:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Elaith, because he is so cool.

I like Elaith because you don't know what his motivations are. With Manshoon and Fzoul you always know that they want to rule, but if you bump into Elaith on the street and you fall on your behind he may kill you for the bump, but just as easily he may offer you a hand to get back on your feet.

Same thing with Artemis and Jarlaxle, but Elaith isn't as brooding as Artemis, and he is better manipulator than Jar.

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", Brandobaris´ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Desolation
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  22:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Lord Desolation's Homepage Send Lord Desolation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on people you got to give the vot to the great Lord Bane. He is the emodiment of evil, and whats up with puting him with cyric. Cyric isnt evil, he is just crazy and does things on a whim. Bane on the other hand has a plan and we should all worship him with all his black glorry.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:20:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Desolation

Come on people you got to give the vot to the great Lord Bane. He is the emodiment of evil, and whats up with puting him with cyric. Cyric isnt evil, he is just crazy and does things on a whim. Bane on the other hand has a plan and we should all worship him with all his black glorry.

Bah! Bane has no style. Xvim had style.

Besides, we're trying to stick to mortals, and Bane's not been among the mortal ranks for quite some time.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  02:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greatest Villain, I say would Be Cyric the Mad One, for his devious plots and murderous ideas are always a constant threat to the other gods and to mortals. Cyric also holds the portfolio of murder, and anytime he can murder anybody he likes.

Go to Top of Page

the obsolete
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  02:07:09  Show Profile  Visit the obsolete's Homepage Send the obsolete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i pick other. cause what about lloth? the lady of chaos, the queen of the demonweb pits? she has plagued elven races and even humans with her evil dark elves. when people speak her name they know to fear her wrath. she has destroyed people from many races, caused lots of destruction. she is a nice scourge on the realms. so my pick goes with lloth, the lady of the drow.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:28:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, again, we're trying to stick with mortals.

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  06:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Karsus definitely had a great lasting effect on the realms.

Cyric was quite evil himself, he betrayed his party of friends, and replaced (3?) evil gods? He may not be the coolest villian, and he is most certainly insane but he has had one of the largest impacts on the realms of any villian.

I wouldn't necessarily call Jarlaxle a villian, but he was my personal favorite on my list. He is definitely not a good guy but he is not necessarily evil either. He is a Drow, born into a society where killing even your own brother is not seen as a terrible thing so it would be rare that a Drow could live to be his age and not be a killer. Jarlaxle is very mysterious and cunning and deceptive. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants. He doesn't kill for the pleasure of killing or just because he has the skill to do so, he kills because it is the best or quickest way to achieve his goals. That is just the way Drow are raised. At first I was alittle skepticial about RAS writing more Drizzt related novels but I was glad he chose to write more about Jarlaxle, he is such a great character.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  07:56:30  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would vote for Kimyl Nimesin, I don't know why, but when I think in elves I inmediatly got the image of Kimyl in my mind, I see him as a reflection of what elves should be. Don't know why!

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 01 Oct 2005 07:59:52
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:24:04  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

I would vote for Kimyl Nimesin, I don't know why, but when I think in elves I inmediatly got the image of Kimyl in my mind, I see him as a reflection of what elves should be. Don't know why!

It`s a good thing they aren`t. If they were they should all be put down(I absolutely hate Kymil Nimesin, by the way)

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:26:47  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About tastes.... , is not 'cause his, all non-elves should be destroyed, is his style, .... difficult to explain, even I don't know why I think that...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  00:01:42  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When ever Cyric is mentioned, either by someone who likes him or someone who hates him, the general view of him is that he is insane. Now, Have I been incorect in thinking that at the end of his trial, when Malik read the "True life of Cyric", this cured him of his insanity?

Anyway, my vote goes to Malik el Sami yn Nasser. The greatest and most ENTERTAINING Villian Ever.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  02:09:03  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toedoe

When ever Cyric is mentioned, either by someone who likes him or someone who hates him, the general view of him is that he is insane. Now, Have I been incorect in thinking that at the end of his trial, when Malik read the "True life of Cyric", this cured him of his insanity?

Anyway, my vote goes to Malik el Sami yn Nasser. The greatest and most ENTERTAINING Villian Ever.

Well, add this as well, Malik is somehow the most amusing and hilarious character as well, in my eyes.

Go to Top of Page

Zelg of Cyric
Acolyte

44 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  10:15:48  Show Profile  Visit Zelg of Cyric's Homepage Send Zelg of Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cyric is not crazy, everyone just thinks he is. Cyric has plans too, there is still the cyrinshad, and if that ever gets out then all the other Gods are doomed. He even plots to oust Lord Ao. He thinks big, way bigger then Bane. Cyric is a better God than Bane and a Better Villan.

"Even before he first walked the world as a mortal, Cyric had the will to resist the random call of Fate and make his own fortune. As his newborn soul stood before the goddesses, he cast a light upon Tymora's silver coin, blinding them to his presence. The deities never saw the coin fall, never settled their wager on Cyric's destiny. Thus was he born into the world without any fate save the one he himself could forge." -- from the Cyrinishad
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  11:25:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zelg of Cyric

quote:

Cyric is not crazy, everyone just thinks he is. Cyric has plans too, there is still the cyrinshad, and if that ever gets out then all the other Gods are doomed. He even plots to oust Lord Ao. He thinks big, way bigger then Bane. Cyric is a better God than Bane and a Better Villan.

Uh... Cyric is a deity because Bane was thinking big and wanting to oust Ao. That hardly qualifies as thinking bigger than Bane... He just had a really good idea with his Cyrinishad (though his decision to read it was a bad one).

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  11:35:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

C-Fb

You can also find out a lot about what happened in Lost Empires of Faerun - that's where you can see what game Malkizid ran.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  18:02:29  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artemis and Jarlaxle ther'ye just to cool for school. I wouldnt even put Karsus as a villian, he thought he was doing what he needed to do to save his people, all in all, he was just really really confused!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2006 :  20:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for other and I'm surprised no one else besides Crennen picked an icon of the Crown Wars. The greatest villain in my perspective was Coronal Ivosaar Vyshaan a man-elf who single handedly started a millenia-long war!

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  16:35:40  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although Karsus probably had the most significant, destructive impact on Faerun's history, I'm not sure that he can be categorized as a wholly 'evil' character. Insane, yes, but insanity does not necessarily equal evil. According to the FR novels (primarily the Nethril Tilogy and a bit 'o' info from the Return of the Archwizards)
Karsus was a brilliant sorcerer who was out of touch with reality. While he attempted to usurp Mystral, it appeared as though madness guided his actions moreso than any diabolical intentions.

Bottom line: insane does not equal evil.
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  16:43:43  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted cyric/bane, well they are gods and have countless evil deeds on their record, things that no mortal can match.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  16:52:18  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Karsus as the most destructive and self-serving villain. Fzoul (pre-chosen status) as personal favorite villain. I will also give honorable mention to Hobarth the cleric of Bhaal and lord Hhune of Tethyr
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  17:27:58  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was liked artermis and jarlaxle as characters.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  22:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric definitely. :) He was so bad that I can't even imagine how much chaos he sturred up.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Haman
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  22:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Haman's Homepage Send Haman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon.

Some people say we gamers have no lives....I think we have too many.
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  08:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle is'nt really a villain buti still choose him
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000