Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 NPCs over CR 20
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  23:37:54  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, all. I'm wondering if anybody can give me a list of all NPC's in Faerun (not Toril, but Faerun specifically) who are above CR 20. I'm only talking about the folks with actual class levels, not dragons like Klauth.

They don't have to be really long descriptions. Just short. All I want to know about is:

Name
Classes and levels
Deity (if cleric, arcane devotee, etc.)
Brief description (please include where they're from.

Ex: Szass Tam: Male lich nec17/red10/acm2. Red Wizard Zulkir of Necromancy in Thay.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like some kind of demanding perfectionist, asking for this (and being so explicite about what I want ).

Thanks!

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  23:51:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My NPC file has them from 1e and 2e listed from 1st level to what ever level they ended at. See the sig. And yes, its not completed yet. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  23:58:35  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I was about to add this, when I saw you had posted. Yes, I saw your list, but actually, I was hoping for a list of those who are still alive (or undead) as of 1372 DR. I say this because I noticed some dead NPCs on your list (like Karsus). Anyway, I hope I'm not being too picky about this! Even if you could give me a list of the above CR 20 people on your list who are still alive, that'd be great. If it's no much to ask for, no trouble. Don't wanna annoy the great Kuje.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  00:37:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thureen Buroch

Actually, I was about to add this, when I saw you had posted. Yes, I saw your list, but actually, I was hoping for a list of those who are still alive (or undead) as of 1372 DR. I say this because I noticed some dead NPCs on your list (like Karsus). Anyway, I hope I'm not being too picky about this! Even if you could give me a list of the above CR 20 people on your list who are still alive, that'd be great. If it's no much to ask for, no trouble. Don't wanna annoy the great Kuje.

I forgot who is dead or who isn't on that list. :) Sorry.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  02:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let me ask you a few questions about your list, if I may. Is Arcanist basically the 2E version of the 3E sorcerer? And can I assume that onebody described in "Netheril: The Winds of Netheril" or "How the Mighty Are Fallen" is dead?

Thanks. The list is really comprehensive, by the way!

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  02:40:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let me ask you a few questions about your list, if I may. Is Arcanist basically the 2E version of the 3E sorcerer? And can I assume that onebody described in "Netheril: The Winds of Netheril" or "How the Mighty Are Fallen" is dead?

Arcanist was a class just for the upper mages of Netheril. It's described in the Netheril box set.

And no not all the arcanists are dead, some survived the fall and exist in modern times, maybe. Or thier fates are unknown.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  11:38:53  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Arcanist class from 2E can't really be transcribed over accurately. Several of the NPCs from that age have either Wizard or Sorcerer or both classes.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  19:42:18  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Buroch (and others newer that may be interested),

I don't think this is just Faerun and not clearly just above 20 (so, I apologize), but I think this is about as close as you are going to get from what I have found thus far.

https://realmshelps.net/npc/index.shtml

Best regards,

quote:

Hello, all. I'm wondering if anybody can give me a list of all NPC's in Faerun (not Toril, but Faerun specifically) who are above CR 20. I'm only talking about the folks with actual class levels, not dragons like Klauth.

They don't have to be really long descriptions. Just short. All I want to know about is:

Name
Classes and levels
Deity (if cleric, arcane devotee, etc.)
Brief description (please include where they're from.

Ex: Szass Tam: Male lich nec17/red10/acm2. Red Wizard Zulkir of Necromancy in Thay.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like some kind of demanding perfectionist, asking for this (and being so explicite about what I want ).

Thanks!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000