Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 favourite cahracter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  22:15:39  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
a

Results:
Drizzt Do''''''''Urden   [18%] 105 votes
Jarlaxle of Bregan''''''''Daerthe   [24%] 141 votes
Liriel Baenre   [5%] 32 votes
Shandril   [1%] 4 votes
Elminster   [10%] 60 votes
Arilyn Moonblade   [3%] 16 votes
Danilo Thann   [6%] 36 votes
Khelben ''''''''''''''''Blackstaff'''''''''''''''' Arunsun   [8%] 46 votes
Bruenor Battlehammer   [4%] 21 votes
One of the Seven Sisters   [6%] 36 votes
Elaith ''''''''The Serpent'''''''' Craulnober   [10%] 56 votes
Cadderly Bonaduce   [5%] 30 votes

Poll Status: Open  »»   Total Votes: 583 counted  »»   Last Vote: 06 Nov 2015 20:30:16 

Edited by - ode904 on 05 Nov 2015 18:37:08

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  22:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes for Khelben, but beyond the fact that I“m in the middle of the Daughter of the Drow, Liriel Baenre is growing in my list of favorites fast as an lightning!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  22:27:44  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And my vote goes to Jarlaxle. He's Fighter/Wizard which is my favourite combination. JArlaxle is funny too, and powerful
Go to Top of Page

Sandhrune
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:18:37  Show Profile  Visit Sandhrune's Homepage Send Sandhrune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster is just plan clever. I loved the one liners in the Shadow of the Avatar series.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:59:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of those listed, my fave is Danilo, followed closely by Elaith Craulnober.

Khelben is my fave of the Chosen of Mystra.

However, my fave character in the Realms isn't on that list. She's a half-elf, a barkeep, a mage, a Moonstar, and a Lord of Waterdeep. I speak of Kyriani, a very lovely lass who happens to be close friends with Selūne.

I also really like Cat and Giogionni Wyvernspur.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

joshaway
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  00:24:30  Show Profile  Visit joshaway's Homepage Send joshaway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go with Cadderly, simply because he was just a wonderful character in the cleric Quintet. its easily one of my two favorite series. He went through the wonderful phase where he was questioning his god, til he finally came to terms with the fact that Deneir has great things planned for him.

plus, he's often accompanied by Pikel Bouldershoulder....who I believe should be on this list
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  01:40:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo Thann. Since his first appearance in Elfshadow, I've been hooked on this remarkably well-rounded and well presented character.

And he also reflects Elaine's exceptional writing skill with regard to capturing such a personality type. This is always something I look for in both characters and the writer's style.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  02:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted One of the Seven Sisters, as Storm is one of my joint favourites alongside Florin Falconhand, Mirt and Durnan, Jhaele Silvermane, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  03:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without a doubt my favorite character in all the Realms is Phauran Mizzrym from the War of the Spider Queen Series. I can only hope that we get to here more tales of this character somewhere in the future. Perhaps prequels or a short story in an anthology type book.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  04:36:48  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Arilyn, even if I'm the only one.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  06:16:31  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith it is for me.Great all around character.Will help you out,and stab you in the back at the same time.I like that.WoTC is keeping the elf down,and it bothers me.We want more of Elaith people!!!!!!Jarlaxle is a very close second for what it's worth.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  08:21:14  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Vedsica in my mind Elaith is in the second side.
The character of Elaith is truly well done and he's intresting person
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  08:28:26  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Elaith, he is cunning and yet very smart in the ways of a rogue and assassination. He knows how to plan things well to his taste.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

TheBard
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  08:39:00  Show Profile  Visit TheBard's Homepage Send TheBard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle is my favorite on this list, but I'd have to say Tristan Kendrick is my favorite for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  12:49:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith. His life story could fill a whole novel series and still leave room for more to tell.
Go to Top of Page

Enialus Meliamne
Acolyte

Portugal
43 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  13:32:03  Show Profile  Visit Enialus Meliamne's Homepage Send Enialus Meliamne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having read the Cleric Quintet thrice, I'd have to say Cadderly Bonaduce is my favorite FR Character. I wish to see more Cadderly, but alas, Drizzt is the money maker, so I doubt more Cadderly is in the works :-(

Unashamed RAS fan.

Unashamed fan of THE Drow Elf Ranger.

Reader of any author in FR who entertains or weaves a good yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  14:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enialus Meliamne

Having read the Cleric Quintet thrice, I'd have to say Cadderly Bonaduce is my favorite FR Character. I wish to see more Cadderly, but alas, Drizzt is the money maker, so I doubt more Cadderly is in the works :-(

Maybe you may like to take a look at Passage to Dawn, which mentions about Cadderly after the events in the Cleric Quintet.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Enialus Meliamne
Acolyte

Portugal
43 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  17:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Enialus Meliamne's Homepage Send Enialus Meliamne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed good sir. Indeed! I read that book as well, and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. here here to more Cadderly books :-)

Maybe you may like to take a look at Passage to Dawn, which mentions about Cadderly after the events in the Cleric Quintet.
[/quote]

Unashamed RAS fan.

Unashamed fan of THE Drow Elf Ranger.

Reader of any author in FR who entertains or weaves a good yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  03:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enialus Meliamne

Indeed good sir. Indeed! I read that book as well, and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. here here to more Cadderly books :-)

[/quote]

I wonder will there be more books on Cadderly from RAS in the future...

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  18:37:37  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would vote directly for Giogioni Wyvernspur. And as my second option... uhmmmm... maybe Vangerdahast, sorry none of the listed ones.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  19:33:45  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith Craunober. I recently just read The Dream Spheres and I loved his character in the book.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  19:39:52  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Khelben because he's one of those that's powerful, and is very knowledgable. Elaith comes in a tied second with Danilo. Arilyn and Drizzt are third.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Kowarete
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2005 :  04:56:00  Show Profile  Visit Kowarete's Homepage Send Kowarete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kellen Caldorien from Curse of the Shadowmage

The shadows are my only friends
Go to Top of Page

Toedoe
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  02:29:52  Show Profile Send Toedoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Khelben, but my all around favourite Character, (npc) is Shuruppak. There really needs to be a novel writen about him. Especially since Cyric is going to aquire his services and make him his Seraph of Murder. Giving Cyric a way into gathering fallowers in Unther.
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  12:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Giogioni Wyvernspur.

My second vote would go to a fighter without skills in casting magic who's really good at fighting, but isn't all angsty or haunted by a dark past that constantly pops up and isn't defined by a magic item. Except this character doesn't exist.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  17:17:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jindael

Giogioni Wyvernspur.

Yay, another Giogi fan!

quote:
Originally posted by Jindael

My second vote would go to a fighter without skills in casting magic who's really good at fighting, but isn't all angsty or haunted by a dark past that constantly pops up and isn't defined by a magic item. Except this character doesn't exist.

I am amused that at this time, there are 34 votes -- and not a single one for Drizzt.

Go to Top of Page

Tanyn Midrain
Acolyte

Sweden
27 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  17:24:43  Show Profile  Visit Tanyn Midrain's Homepage Send Tanyn Midrain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erevis Cale. He really defines anti-hero for me.
The things he has to wrestle with in Twilight Falling and Dawn of Night are, not to spoil anything, disturbing indeed, which makes for a very complex and interesting character.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  01:48:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I am amused that at this time, there are 34 votes -- and not a single one for Drizzt.

Who
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  04:09:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Who

I think he's been in a book or two. Maybe three.

Go to Top of Page

Eronthar Elvenkin
Acolyte

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  06:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Eronthar Elvenkin's Homepage Send Eronthar Elvenkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I vote for the Serpent. But where's Midnight, Adon and Matteo.

Also I love Liriel, Arilyn and Danillo, too. But only one vote i have and it's goes to the most charismatic one.

Freedom Prevails...
Go to Top of Page

Crypt
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  13:09:21  Show Profile  Visit Crypt's Homepage Send Crypt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say Artemis Entreri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000