Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Battle of Telamont's hand.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RedStrike
Acolyte

32 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  11:47:45  Show Profile  Visit RedStrike's Homepage Send RedStrike a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings everyone. This is my first topic, well...I had a question to ask, that concerns the Battle of Telamont's hand. Does any forum member have any information to share?
Thanks be to anyone who have information to share on this topic.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  11:53:52  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.......let me see....I believe this well occured in 1372, year of wild magic where LordShadow directed a decisive battle that claimed almost or whole of Anauroch under Shade Enclave, creating what I believe to be the Empire of Shadow. During that bloody campaign, it was a very bad time to be a phaerimm, Selunite or a Red Wizard especially Phaerimm, where no mercy was shown.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Rivalen
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Rivalen's Homepage Send Rivalen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was the time when LordShadow showed his first card or rather hand, heard that Telamont Tanthul finally revealed himself as LordShadow, inspiring his followers and deepening the despair in his enemies. Even the Anauroch phaerimm were almost driven to extinction during this bloody campaign.

Fight to win, but donlt fight too long or for glorious tales.
Go to Top of Page

TymoraChosen
Seeker

67 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:06:13  Show Profile  Visit TymoraChosen's Homepage Send TymoraChosen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this must the battle where Telamont gave a famous speech and this must be the Shinantra Battle vitory where LordShadow revealed himself.
So i guess the phaerimm in Anauroch were exterminated by Shadovar Phaerimm Extermination Squads? Will the Myth Drannor phaerimm retaliate or take vengeance?

May tymora's blessings be heaped on all
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:09:34  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TymoraChosen

I think this must the battle where Telamont gave a famous speech and this must be the Shinantra Battle vitory where LordShadow revealed himself.
So i guess the phaerimm in Anauroch were exterminated by Shadovar Phaerimm Extermination Squads? Will the Myth Drannor phaerimm retaliate or take vengeance?

Hard to tell whether those Myth Drannor phaerimm would wake up to face the new threat but unless the threat to them from Shadovar are very great, they are unlikely to put up resistance unless the problem had grown so big that the Phaerimm can't ignore.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Adarin
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Adarin's Homepage Send Adarin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, I don't think the phaerimm are that stupid to straight away go for a brusque direct confrontation with Shadovar or Telamont Tanthul. I wonder will they join those against the Shadovar such as the Harpers, Zhentarim or even the Red Wizards? It will be amazing if they really ally with them.

There will always be parting of ways which is never of your preference.
Go to Top of Page

StromLancer
Acolyte

41 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:19:05  Show Profile  Visit StromLancer's Homepage Send StromLancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phaerimm are very patient creatures, look at the way they plotted and challenged the Netheril Empire, which had quite proven their patience.
Still, i don't think the phaerimm would stoop so low to ally with what they believe to be below them. I think they will resort to guerilla warfare against the Shadovar. Harpers surely will fight the Shadovar for they are always against anybody from establishing an empire by blade or magic, Zhentarim? well, ask Lord Manshoon whether he wishes to ally or fight the Shadovar.

Lead the war fate commands you to!
...but are you fighting the true enemy?
Go to Top of Page

StromLancer
Acolyte

41 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:22:33  Show Profile  Visit StromLancer's Homepage Send StromLancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I would like to ask this,
Shade Enclave have 3000 troops but to so decisively conquer Anauroch, surely Telamont Tanthul has some allies to help him conquer the desert sea, who are these allies?

Lead the war fate commands you to!
...but are you fighting the true enemy?
Go to Top of Page

Rivalen
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Rivalen's Homepage Send Rivalen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StromLancer

Phaerimm are very patient creatures, look at the way they plotted and challenged the Netheril Empire, which had quite proven their patience.
Still, i don't think the phaerimm would stoop so low to ally with what they believe to be below them. I think they will resort to guerilla warfare against the Shadovar. Harpers surely will fight the Shadovar for they are always against anybody from establishing an empire by blade or magic, Zhentarim? well, ask Lord Manshoon whether he wishes to ally or fight the Shadovar.

Zhentarim actually suffered quite heavy losses in terms of their caravans crossing the desert sand sea when Shade Enclave returned. I think those Cyricists and Banites in the organisation are more bent on revenge or maybe join some alliance to beat back the advances of the dark Netherese.

Fight to win, but donlt fight too long or for glorious tales.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2005 :  16:57:55  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Hmmm.......let me see....I believe this well occured in 1372, year of wild magic where LordShadow directed a decisive battle that claimed almost or whole of Anauroch under Shade Enclave, creating what I believe to be the Empire of Shadow. During that bloody campaign, it was a very bad time to be a phaerimm, Selunite or a Red Wizard especially Phaerimm, where no mercy was shown.

Battle of Telamonts hand? Where is this described? I haven`t heard of that battle.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000