Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Silverfire, spellfire, shadow magic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Phaerimm Bane
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  10:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Phaerimm Bane's Homepage Send Phaerimm Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A warm hello to all! I have been wandering about the silverfire of the chosen, spellfire which is wielded by Shandril. What is the difference between silverfire and spellfire though both are known to be comprised of raw weave energies(am I right?)
Also, can shadow magic withstand spellfire or at least neutralize spellfire like how iyt neutralize silverfire?

A phaerimm? Let me butcher it!

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  16:50:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phaerimm Bane

A warm hello to all! I have been wandering about the silverfire of the chosen, spellfire which is wielded by Shandril. What is the difference between silverfire and spellfire though both are known to be comprised of raw weave energies(am I right?)
Also, can shadow magic withstand spellfire or at least neutralize spellfire like how iyt neutralize silverfire?

Silverfire is a gift granted by Mystra to her Chosen.

Spellfire is heridatory (sp? Yes, I butchered that word) that is different in that it's abilities and powers are different then Silverfire.

Ed has said in the past that he'd never allow someone with Spellfire to be able to access the Shadoweave or it's magic. I happen to agree with him but it's up to you. As for the neutralize, I suppose that's possible though. But there should never be a Shadow Weave spellfire user who is also a Weave spellfire user. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  20:04:36  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Kuje answered the basic questions you are asking, but if you desire the best description of Silverfire, Spellfire, and the Shadow Weave, the source of knowledge for the particular details would be Magic of Faerun.

As to the specific question at the end, whether or not shadow magic can withstand spellfire or neutralize it, from a purely mechanical point of view, yes. The quote is "[u]nlike most supernatural abilities, spellfire is affected by spells and magic items that affect spell like abilities.... It can be thwarted or counterspelled by dispel magic...." Thus, so long as a user of the shadow weave could counter or thwart a normal weave spell, it could also thwart or counter a spellfire blast or effect.

As for shadow weave withstanding affects of spellfire, again, I think that shadow weave magic would be equally affected by silverfire or spellfire as it were by normal magic, albeit with the same modifiers. This may not follow perhaps some writings in books, but I see no 'game mechanics' as to why it should not be. At least those are my observations.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  10:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still, I have a question which coincide with Phaerimm Bane question,
The question is whether the spellfire and silverfire comprised of pure Weave energies?
Spellfire seemed to rely on others for supply of magic to create Spellfire while Silverfire is naturally "recharged". But Spellfire (in Shandril Saga) seemed to be able to penetrate the Beholders Anti-Magic dispelling rays, and while Shadow Magic....I think cannot thwart nor dispell spellfire nor silverfire except neutralize the other in a mutual annihilation effect where both neutralize each other as well as each other effects but with some dangerous aftermath results.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  15:09:06  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't answer the novel question regarding spellfire use since at that time, it was an entirely different "game mechanic" than it is now. That and I just don't even try to adapt novels to game effects. Nonetheless, I have always operated under the impression that spellfire and silverfire are raw manipulations of the Weave. Like I've said before, I'm not sure the interactions that have been described in novels when Weave magic meets Shadow magic but from a gaming perspective, there aren't any listed side effects, etc., that I have read.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  17:35:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

The question is whether the spellfire and silverfire comprised of pure Weave energies?
Spellfire seemed to rely on others for supply of magic to create Spellfire while Silverfire is naturally "recharged". But Spellfire (in Shandril Saga) seemed to be able to penetrate the Beholders Anti-Magic dispelling rays, and while Shadow Magic....I think cannot thwart nor dispell spellfire nor silverfire except neutralize the other in a mutual annihilation effect where both neutralize each other as well as each other effects but with some dangerous aftermath results.

It also depends on which version of Spellfire mechanics you want to use. 3/3.5e's are vastly different then 2e's. :) In the ones in the Volo's Guide to All Thing's Magical, Spellfire could also recharge just by sunlight. 2e's could also absorb area spells, etc.

As for them being comprised of pure Weave energies, well all magical things, except for Shadow Weave magic, are comprised of the Weave. I'd say Spellfire is more of raw magic while silverfire isn't. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  16:34:16  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

It also depends on which version of Spellfire mechanics you want to use. 3/3.5e's are vastly different then 2e's. :) In the ones in the Volo's Guide to All Thing's Magical, Spellfire could also recharge just by sunlight. 2e's could also absorb area spells, etc.

As for them being comprised of pure Weave energies, well all magical things, except for Shadow Weave magic, are comprised of the Weave. I'd say Spellfire is more of raw magic while silverfire isn't. :)

Hey Kuje, I was just wondering - in the RotA series, Melegaunt was hiding behind some shadow spells and Elminster couldn't see him. And then, later on, the prince of Shade that went to Waterdeep could penetrate the weave magic between the Lords of Waterdeep. Now, does that mean the Shadow Weave can cut right through Weave magic, but Weave magic has no effect on Shadow???

Just wanted to know if you had an idea or an opinion... or for that matter, if anyone did.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  17:07:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBaneHey Kuje, I was just wondering - in the RotA series, Melegaunt was hiding behind some shadow spells and Elminster couldn't see him. And then, later on, the prince of Shade that went to Waterdeep could penetrate the weave magic between the Lords of Waterdeep. Now, does that mean the Shadow Weave can cut right through Weave magic, but Weave magic has no effect on Shadow???

Just wanted to know if you had an idea or an opinion... or for that matter, if anyone did.

C-Fb

That author took liberties with his novels. If one can influence the other weave then it should be the same for the other weave. I.E. if Shadow Weave magic can influence Weave magic then Weave magic can influence Shadow Weave magic.

But as I said, that author took liberties and he's known for that. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  17:29:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Hey Kuje, I was just wondering - in the RotA series, Melegaunt was hiding behind some shadow spells and Elminster couldn't see him. And then, later on, the prince of Shade that went to Waterdeep could penetrate the weave magic between the Lords of Waterdeep. Now, does that mean the Shadow Weave can cut right through Weave magic, but Weave magic has no effect on Shadow???

C-Fb

There are some limitations with each form of magic, regarding the other. However, the way Denning had his Shadovar simply ignoring Weave magic like that is not backed up by the rules. He took some great liberties there, for the sake of the plot. (And it's another reason I dislike that trilogy.)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  21:17:03  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

C-Fb

There are some limitations with each form of magic, regarding the other. However, the way Denning had his Shadovar simply ignoring Weave magic like that is not backed up by the rules. He took some great liberties there, for the sake of the plot. (And it's another reason I dislike that trilogy.)

Alright, that makes a lot of sense... after reading that trilogy a couple months ago (and stomaching that horrid side story with Takari and Keya involved) I scoured the rulebooks looking for where shadow adepts and the like could just shake off weave magic. Which brings me to another point? If Shar hates Selune/Mystra so much, how come she doesn't have chosen that wield all sorts of Shadowstuff? Just a thought....

C-Fb

Btw, Thanks Kuje!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  21:52:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which brings me to another point? If Shar hates Selune/Mystra so much, how come she doesn't have chosen that wield all sorts of Shadowstuff? Just a thought....

C-Fb

Btw, Thanks Kuje!

Likely because she doesn't trust too many people enough to make them Chosen, and/or because making a Chosen involves putting some of your own divine essence into a mortal -- which very few gods are willing to do. Most of the so-called, non-Mystran "Chosen" would be more properly called "Favored" or "Champion" or something like that.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  22:24:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Alright, that makes a lot of sense... after reading that trilogy a couple months ago (and stomaching that horrid side story with Takari and Keya involved) I scoured the rulebooks looking for where shadow adepts and the like could just shake off weave magic. Which brings me to another point? If Shar hates Selune/Mystra so much, how come she doesn't have chosen that wield all sorts of Shadowstuff? Just a thought....

C-Fb

Btw, Thanks Kuje!

Shar does have a Chosen, but we don't know more then that. It's mentioned in Underdark but it's only 1 sentence. :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  22:45:54  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

Shar does have a Chosen, but we don't know more then that. It's mentioned in Underdark but it's only 1 sentence. :)
[/quote]

Well, thank Shar for the great descriptions and in depth details they give us!

That reminds me, would the children of the Chosen gain any silverfire or spellfire? I was wondering if it was genetically imbued. Having Mystra for a G-ma would be kickin'... you know you'd have at least some knack for the Art.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  23:07:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That reminds me, would the children of the Chosen gain any silverfire or spellfire? I was wondering if it was genetically imbued. Having Mystra for a G-ma would be kickin'... you know you'd have at least some knack for the Art.

C-Fb

No children of the Chosen usually don't have silverfire, spellfire, or powers of the Chosen. There's tons of examples of Mystra's Chosen having children and there's never been any lore about those children having inhanced powers because thier parent(s) are Chosen.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  23:16:50  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There's tons of examples of Mystra's Chosen having children and there's never been any lore about those children having inhanced powers because thier parent(s) are Chosen.

Well this was that one reference of a daughter of a Chosen nut quite human, despite from all known lore parents were human (one of the Seven Sisters). NDA prevented finding out more about it. So the door appears to be open that children might have some kind of enhancement. It might be minor, longer life, a greater afinity for magic (favored class, game mecanhice perhaps if ever stated) or other minor factor. Time might reveil all.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  23:27:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal
Well this was that one reference of a daughter of a Chosen nut quite human, despite from all known lore parents were human (one of the Seven Sisters). NDA prevented finding out more about it. So the door appears to be open that children might have some kind of enhancement. It might be minor, longer life, a greater afinity for magic (favored class, game mecanhice perhaps if ever stated) or other minor factor. Time might reveil all.

Whose? Laeral's Maura doesn't show any strange powers. Qilue's daughter doesn't either. Alustriel's daughters, we don't have much lore on. Those are the only Seven that have female children, that we know of.

Dove's son doesn't show any strange abilities, nor does Elminster's offspring. Khelben's offspring haven't been detailed to much. Alustriel's sons haven't shown any strange powers either.

Edited by - Kuje on 23 Jun 2005 23:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  13:02:03  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Whose? Laeral's Maura doesn't show any strange powers. Qilue's daughter doesn't either. Alustriel's daughters, we don't have much lore on. Those are the only Seven that have female children, that we know of.

Dove's son doesn't show any strange abilities, nor does Elminster's offspring. Khelben's offspring haven't been detailed to much. Alustriel's sons haven't shown any strange powers either.

Hmm..so the childern of the Chosen show no special powers but do they have any enhanced abilities like psionics or maybe delayed aging like what their Chosen parents are blessed with?
By the way, I would like to ask this question: Does children of Shades inherit their Shade parents' shadow magic talents/powers or half of their Shade parents' shadow magic talents/powers ?

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  14:19:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm..so the childern of the Chosen show no special powers but do they have any enhanced abilities like psionics or maybe delayed aging like what their Chosen parents are blessed with?
By the way, I would like to ask this question: Does children of Shades inherit their Shade parents' shadow magic talents/powers or half of their Shade parents' shadow magic talents/powers ?

No strange powers. The only lore that exists is that Maura is "a
mostly-human woman named Maura" that somehow she is not full human.
In a discussion about this some time back because Maura's father is unknown (NDA) was is if the father was not human. At that time it was asserted (alas have not found that post) by someone that all children of the Seven (or of Chosen ?) were mostly-human. That somehow even when both parents are known, that somehow the children are somehow different then if a parent was not Chosen. Thus all there is held out there in lore that there is a difference, what the difference is is not explained and until such is either explained or clarified, any posible special abilities are unknown.

To date they have been no special abilities reported just that there appears to be some kind of difference.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

StromLancer
Acolyte

41 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  14:25:34  Show Profile  Visit StromLancer's Homepage Send StromLancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No strange powers. The only lore that exists is that Maura is "a
mostly-human woman named Maura" that somehow she is not full human.
In a discussion about this some time back because Maura's father is unknown (NDA) was is if the father was not human. At that time it was asserted (alas have not found that post) by someone that all children of the Seven (or of Chosen ?) were mostly-human. That somehow even when both parents are known, that somehow the children are somehow different then if a parent was not Chosen. Thus all there is held out there in lore that there is a difference, what the difference is is not explained and until such is either explained or clarified, any posible special abilities are unknown.

To date they have been no special abilities reported just that there appears to be some kind of difference.

So what kind of difference is it?

Lead the war fate commands you to!
...but are you fighting the true enemy?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  14:52:37  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StromLancer

I have no idea non has anyone else discover what the difference is. As far as it goes perhaps a later novel or sourcebook might make the difference disappear.

As it stands right now as far as I know is that there is a difference that has not been explained. It could be very minor, it might be something more important, or it might be explained aay that there never was a difference at all.

It might be grandmother watches over them a little more then others *wink*

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  17:25:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I have no idea non has anyone else discover what the difference is. As far as it goes perhaps a later novel or sourcebook might make the difference disappear.

As it stands right now as far as I know is that there is a difference that has not been explained. It could be very minor, it might be something more important, or it might be explained aay that there never was a difference at all.

It might be grandmother watches over them a little more then others *wink*

Possibly, except for the fact that Grandma is dead.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  18:24:23  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is grandpa is dead, though with all the dead dieties seeming to come back, he might not be all that dead.

She took over his job and in part of that became grandma *wink*

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  18:27:55  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That is grandpa is dead, though with all the dead dieties seeming to come back, he might not be all that dead.

She took over his job and in part of that became grandma *wink*

Um, well Wooly is right. The original grandma, who was the original Mystra, is dead. :)

Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  19:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few thoughts on the matter:

1) Spellfire is composed of 2 "types" of damage, Fire and Pure Magic. This is alluded to in the 3.X description of it's effects on someone who has immunity to fire. (Kinda like flame strike which is part fire, part divine energy) Spellfire doesn't seem to have a hereditary component, indeed in many situations it seems to manifest randomly. (And a good thing too, if the Zhents or Thay got their hands on a gifted female and started breeding Spellfire-cannons *shudder* )

2) Silverfire is the domain of the Chosen of Mystra and manifests much like Spellfire, though it too is finite within a period of time. Either one can pierce the Phaerimm protections, but their limitations prevent them from being used as anything more than a last-ditch GTH plan. Now, in the begining of ELmister: Time of Troubles, it alludes to the Chosen and Azuth as being repositories of Mystra's power, in fact it states that any given time, the combined power of the Chosen and Azuth equals that of Mystra. (Moreover not even Mystra can all upon that power without the holder's permission. Sick huh?) Now, when Storm is injured later, Silver fire spills out with various consequences, but one could speculate that the Silverfire is the power of Mystra and is tied in closer to pure Weave than anything else. Literally the discharge of Mystra's power from within.

*Pure Speculation to Follow*
Further it could be speculated that ShadowWeave and Silverfire (if ShadowWeave had an equivilant) would cancel each other. However, my understanding is that Shadoweave is a creation of Shar, rather than the primordial stuff of creation like the Weave, and hence in an equal battle Weave wins.

Forge
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  21:35:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forge

A few thoughts on the matter:

1) Spellfire is composed of 2 "types" of damage, Fire and Pure Magic. This is alluded to in the 3.X description of it's effects on someone who has immunity to fire. (Kinda like flame strike which is part fire, part divine energy) Spellfire doesn't seem to have a hereditary component, indeed in many situations it seems to manifest randomly. (And a good thing too, if the Zhents or Thay got their hands on a gifted female and started breeding Spellfire-cannons *shudder* )

Forge

Ed has confirmed, more then once, that Spellfire is hereditary. :)

Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  22:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, then I stand corrected. Thanks for that. Interesting precedent tho...
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  23:01:27  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forge

Ah, then I stand corrected. Thanks for that. Interesting precedent tho...

Just don't you go off and tell the Zhents or Thays about this. *wink*

Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  23:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, of course not. Might affect who I date tho, would have to have to clean diapers with a pissed off spellfire toddler.
Go to Top of Page

StromLancer
Acolyte

41 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2005 :  08:03:43  Show Profile  Visit StromLancer's Homepage Send StromLancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's an interesting question, but children of shades tend to be normal which I believe they do not possess their shade parents shadow magic nor shadow abilities unless the children themselves take upon the transformation into a shade and learn the Art of the Shadow.

Lead the war fate commands you to!
...but are you fighting the true enemy?
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2005 :  08:07:30  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That's an interesting question, but children of shades tend to be normal which I believe they do not possess their shade parents shadow magic nor shadow abilities unless the children themselves take upon the transformation into a shade and learn the Art of the Shadow.

Thanks, I understand now....sometimes I wonder at the genetics of the races in the FR world, strange and yet interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2005 :  15:03:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, I understand now....sometimes I wonder at the genetics of the races in the FR world, strange and yet interesting.

Ditto. I particularly wonder about things like the arctic dwarves. How does a race that lives for several centuries evolve into an entirely new subrace in a matter of millennia?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000