Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Runing a Year of The Rogue Dragon Campaing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ladern
Acolyte

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  02:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Ladern's Homepage Send Ladern a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im trying to run a game in the year of Rogue Dragons, but i let my players to run all the world, i would thank some help about what is happening in the rest of Toril, if you can post some key facts from novels and books i will be happy

If life turns back at you.....

Sneak Attack for extra damage

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  02:46:30  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, they really haven't moved much outside of the Moonsea, Vaasa, Damara, and Impiltur areas. Some of the scribes have assumed that that means the rage hasn't reached further yet, but I suspect that it has. I think that perhaps you might look up Ed's Dragons of the North articles that are on the official WOTC site, and perhaps you can get some ideas about what some of the established dragons in other regions might be up to if the Rage starts to overtake them.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  03:11:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wyrms of the North Archive by Ed Greenwood with supplementary material provided by Sean K Reynolds. It ran from November 2001 to December 2004:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/wn

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 31 May 2005 03:11:43
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  04:41:09  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our DM is running a game in the middle of the Dragon Rage bit... Mostly because I'm playing a half-dragon paladin who's been getting these "blood urges" that sometimes overshadow her paladinic training and oaths. Mostly it just makes her crabby and irritable (like a woman's monthly) and lashing out on certain party members (verbally). Right now it's her superior, the party cleric/paladin of Tyr. But next up is, in her POV, the inept dwarven wizard who wasn't able to use his spells effectively (couldn't get past the SR of the monster) and resulted in her's and another PC's demise.

So if you're gonna do that, maybe make any dragons or half-dragons they run into short-tempered and irritable. Even down to attacking the party (good aligned dragons attacking a good aligned party and so forth).

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  01:32:58  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had actually forgoten that, but The Rage definately shows that even "dragons" that are not true dragons have been affected by this condition, so I would imagine that a half (true) dragon would have a hard time of it.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  04:24:45  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Yes, I had actually forgoten that, but The Rage definately shows that even "dragons" that are not true dragons have been affected by this condition, so I would imagine that a half (true) dragon would have a hard time of it.

I'd say to a lesser extent due to a half-dragon's mixed bloodline. It's only a tad easier than that for my character due to her lawful bent on life and such. I'm not sure just how bad it's gonna get for her before it's all said and done...

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  04:33:27  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms of the Dragons (1 and 2) are good sources of short stories about dragons.
I know #1 has some material from the Rage, currently starting #2 so not too sure about that.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000