Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ulgarth, Edenvale, and so on
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Imrahil
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  00:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Imrahil's Homepage Send Imrahil a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been reaquainting myself with the Forgotten Realms which I really didn't have much to do with for the past half dozen years or so, and when I played in the past, our campaigns usually centered on Waterdeep and the North.

Now I find myself facinated with other areas. One area I really liked when the old Shining South accessory came out was Ulgarth, which struck me as being a bit like the Holy Land at the time of the Crusades (ala Kingdom of Heaven), but I can find very little information about it outside of that accessory. Then, I stumble across a map of this area with other lands like Doegan and Edenvale.

I was just wondering where I could get information on these areas.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  00:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a little bit more on Ulgarth in the 3ed Shining South Source book that came out last year

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 23 May 2005 00:57:14
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  21:18:08  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very little info on Ulgarth outside of the original 2E write up in FR16 Shining South and a page or so in the newer 3.5E Shining South supplement.

The other cities you mention first appeared in an old computer game, the name of which I can't recall, but which really had little Realms lore in it, and was then picked up for the apocryphal (that is they are not considered canon) Double Diamond Saga mini-books, and later the novel Faces of Deception, which is canon. Essentially, this region is made up of 5 city states ruled by the descendents of a conquering mix of Northmen and Ffolk. Over time these kindgoms developed some sort of magical engines that either gate fiends into the Realms or create them (can't recall). The native have a distinctly Asian Indian feel and you could in fact use the Mahasarpa web enhancement for the 3E Oriental Adventures as a basis for the setting.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  01:13:34  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Imrahil (and others possibly new to the 'Keep),

There is fortunately a great bibliography at the following URL as resources to read up on Ulgarth. I agree, it is a really great country to acquaint yourself with!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Ulgarth

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Imrahil

I've been reaquainting myself with the Forgotten Realms which I really didn't have much to do with for the past half dozen years or so, and when I played in the past, our campaigns usually centered on Waterdeep and the North.

Now I find myself facinated with other areas. One area I really liked when the old Shining South accessory came out was Ulgarth, which struck me as being a bit like the Holy Land at the time of the Crusades (ala Kingdom of Heaven), but I can find very little information about it outside of that accessory. Then, I stumble across a map of this area with other lands like Doegan and Edenvale.

I was just wondering where I could get information on these areas.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000