Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Most Liked Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  05:39:09  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anomen, priest paladin-wannabe, had some psychic problems with uncontrollable anger. I don't know why cause I never had them both, but *SPOILER*: he kills Aerie in some circumstances.

Who knows: lighting can strike twice if you have a druid or wizard.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

R0GUE
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  06:06:13  Show Profile  Visit R0GUE's Homepage Send R0GUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NWN because of the online features.

You have had your pocket pilfered by the R0GUE.
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  08:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

Anomen, priest paladin-wannabe, had some psychic problems with uncontrollable anger. I don't know why cause I never had them both, but *SPOILER*: he kills Aerie in some circumstances.

Who knows: lighting can strike twice if you have a druid or wizard.

Heh, indeed, Call Lightning...very handy.

Hmm...I had no idea that would be part of Anomen character arc.

I knew there was a reason why I kicked him from the party in favour of Viconia. Despite her being a bitchy drow, she was still a sultry firey wench and was the best romance and cleric in the game. What was even more amusing was the by play between her, Aerie and Jhaheira.
Having all 3 romance plots in the party created Interesting Times

Ahh good times....

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Talwyn on 17 Jun 2010 08:47:21
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  08:53:33  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He acts like that if he fails, or so I heard. I wanted to keep Viconia with Keldorn but... sigh. I wonder how much of these incompatible people that will try to kill each other after after some weeks.

What a womanizer, man!

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  09:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually my first run through the game was exactly like that, having the 3 women in the party, plus Minsc and Yoshimo. Aerie for her combined mage/cleric ability, Jaheira for her druid fighterness and Viconia for being a kick ass drow cleric. And yeah, why not have a few pretty ladies in the party? Once Yoshimo makes his exit, that gave room for Imoen to join in so it's 4 girls to one paladin and a lunatic with a hampster.

I had no idea at the time that they'd start a bitch fight over the protagonist which made it even funnier!

That is what made BGII exceptional I think. I have yet to see another single player CPRG go into such depth and detail with the NPC's and their relationship with the protagonist and other party members.

That is the underlying appeal to BGII and its where I firmly believe game designers need to go back to and look at closely if they are wanting to produce a game that will stand the test of time like BGII has.

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Talwyn on 17 Jun 2010 09:13:31
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  09:37:04  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted for BGII.
No Torment on the list, that would come second. And no NWN2, that would come third.
The above post - yeah, it happened to me too. Those three make for a pretty powerful party and it was enough to make me pick them. And then... wham! They start talking at the worst possible time.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  09:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Icewind Dale 1 + expansion for me. I've got all the IWD sound tracks playing in the background whenever the game's on. Works a treat!

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Flak
Acolyte

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  08:56:58  Show Profile  Visit Flak's Homepage Send Flak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG2 is my fav, but also the first i played and that may cloud my judgment, anyway id say my top 3 is BG2,IWD2 and NWN1

"Evil Turns upon it self"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  15:03:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard to beat that feeling you got in Pool of Radience when you finally got your hands on a magic item!

When I got that necklace of magic missles....whoo boy I was so excited I almost missed the fact it only had one missle left

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

pdesbois
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2010 :  04:10:32  Show Profile  Visit pdesbois's Homepage Send pdesbois a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh man - I cannot decide!
BG, NWN or EOB, I loved them equally for different reasons obviously... I have to meditate, I did not esxpect EOB here (leaning towards BG though)...

EDIT: Just had to go with BG 2, though I think we should have option BG 1+2.... EOB and NWN followed pretty close, though.

"Ze VÖRLD ist changing..."

Edited by - pdesbois on 03 Jan 2011 04:21:42
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  22:42:14  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally enjoy both Baldur's Gate games. But I chose the second since I could not pick both.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000