Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Horsebreeds of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  20:27:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius Andrass

Cat Wyvernspur is one of the Alias vessels!!? Now i must go to sleep, mi head is starting to ache.

Yup. And there was another one, Jade More, in the same novel that introduced Cat: The Wyvern's Spur. I think the only other Alias vessel that was named was Zhara, from Song of the Saurials, though there are several other vessels mentioned throughout the series.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  20:38:18  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Cat Wyvernspur is one of the Alias vessels!!? Now i must go to sleep, mi head is starting to ache.

Yup. And there was another one, Jade More, in the same novel that introduced Cat: The Wyvern's Spur. I think the only other Alias vessel that was named was Zhara, from Song of the Saurials, though there are several other vessels mentioned throughout the series.

Well met

Aye, indeed there are Wooly, and an interesting subject it is too. Although mayhaps in another scroll if any wish to continue talk of Alias? For now, back to the horse breeds

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  22:49:27  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

quote:

Well met

Aye, indeed there are Wooly, and an interesting subject it is too. Although mayhaps in another scroll if any wish to continue talk of Alias? For now, back to the horse breeds

ĦĦĦMein got now that's what I call a surprise!!!!

Sorry for that Alaundo but I wanted to be sure I got the idea.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Thaingrim
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  23:42:15  Show Profile  Visit Thaingrim's Homepage Send Thaingrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thx sage for the link to the article by EC
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  01:05:41  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Krashos,

I envy your having access to that list! I've heard that it is epic, but quite cumbersome.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

On the Realm-L mailing list.

Didn't Eric Boyd and Tom Costa do a bunch of horses in their recent FR monster anthology?

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  01:07:46  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Do you happen to know of a link to that work that is active today?

Thank you!

Best regards,

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Blue Sorceress

The Bestiary of the Realms does actually have some lovely horse information. You can get it off of Mr. Boyd's website. The information makes sense as far as I can tell.

Yay for ponies. The Cormyrian Destrier looks particularly nice. :)

-Blue

And, for a link:
The Realms Bestiary, Volume 1 by Eric L. Boyd and Thomas M. Costa

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  01:34:33  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PM me and I can email you Bestiary 1 and 2. The horses, btw, ended up in Champions of Valor.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  01:34:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's on the Candlekeep front page I believe.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  02:21:35  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Costa,

You rock sir! Thank you very much!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

PM me and I can email you Bestiary 1 and 2. The horses, btw, ended up in Champions of Valor.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  03:56:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Yup. Big Al put them up in March of last year.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  04:00:21  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Thank you greatly good sir.

I didn't realize that is what The Greet Seer had as a nickname, haha. That's great.

Best regards,

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Yup. Big Al put them up in March of last year.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  08:35:32  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess we should update that list with the magically-breed Ishen-Charac, the Tymantheran warhorse of the dragonborn.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  16:14:59  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

Very nice reference!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Horse (The Devil You Know, p.329)(Whisper of Venom, p.23-4)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Guess we should update that list with the magically-breed Ishen-Charac, the Tymantheran warhorse of the dragonborn.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000