Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  05:38:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

But that really is the beauty of the Realms: there are so many tangents and directions you can go. I might not agree with all of them, but I certainly am glad that something is happening and the Realms continues to thrive. They'll always get my support and $$$. Even if they bring Slade back.

I couldn't agree more.

So long as this philosophy holds true for every single Realms product, novel, or otherwise... I'll continue to buy them. And so long as Ed of the Greenwood still has some outlet for his creative ideas, I'll be there, along with my ever-expanding black notebooks of useful Realmslore tidbits.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  07:56:41  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
That often seems to happen when discussing Miniature Giant Space Hamsters... I'll be dipped if I can figure out why.

Don't mention it. People just dont want to realize the truths of the multiverse. Hell, most won't even realize there IS a multiverse.

I mean... One of my colleagues actually mentioned a "Lady of Pain" as if these were normal words like all others for crying out loud...

Oh well. Off to buy me a new towel for the HgttG movie...

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  15:47:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkheyr

I mean... One of my colleagues actually mentioned a "Lady of Pain" as if these were normal words like all others for crying out loud...
In character? If so, he'd better find a place to hide, or he's in for some flaying, or even a nice mazing.

Doom comes to those who utter the name of Her Serenity.

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  18:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now why would a beautiful woman with a name like that do such an act?

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  20:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fail to see what could be considered beautiful about having spikes through your head...

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  07:09:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, to keep this scroll on topic... I'm mainly asking this question to Kuje or Gray, but any other scribe is free to answer if they know what I'm looking for...

Anyway, do either of you remember reading something about that phirblas avatar of the LoP that was detailed on the PS Mailing Lists about 3 years ago? Do you possibly have the thread saved somewhere? As I recall, if was some unofficial material for a fan's non-canon PS campaign.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  16:09:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Actually, to keep this scroll on topic... I'm mainly asking this question to Kuje or Gray, but any other scribe is free to answer if they know what I'm looking for...

Anyway, do either of you remember reading something about that phirblas avatar of the LoP that was detailed on the PS Mailing Lists about 3 years ago? Do you possibly have the thread saved somewhere? As I recall, if was some unofficial material for a fan's non-canon PS campaign.

Can't say that I do. I never really read the Planescape mailing list, only FR's.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  21:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found this version of the Lady's Avatar by searching the Planescape list. Try this link:
http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9911B&L=planescape-l&P=R10017&D=0&H=0&O=T&T=1
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  04:59:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's not the article I'm looking for, but it is interesting nonetheless. Thanks Gray .

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  07:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the whole list archive is searchable, if you go to that link and click on the magnifying glass icon it will let you search for terms. Try it and see if you can find the right post.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000