Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ressurection Availibility Update.....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  14:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this has already been posted because I haven't had time to read all the threads. Ressurection, Book VI in the War of the Spider Queen by Paul Kemp is available to ship in 2-3 business days from Barnes and Noble's website. I placed my online order and got a confirmation email today that said the novel will ship from their warehouse on April 15, 2005. They have 1-2 day air express delivery if you want it so I expect to have the novel no later than the middle of next week. Just thought everyone would like to know who is waiting for this exciting finish to the series. After nearly 3.5 years we will finally know the conclusion to the epic struggle of the Drow of Faerun!!!!! Strength to the Drow and Death to all Others!!!

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  14:14:34  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
correction: strenght to all others and death to the drow

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  14:23:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the latest email I got from my shipping agent today suggested that my copy was already on its way.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  14:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...be honest, Amazon screwed us over, right?
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  16:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

There are no others and undead drow will rule the world!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  17:19:02  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

No, Amazon is just being Amazon. They will get the book in due time, just not as fast as the other online vendors. As I mentioned in this thread, there are two major online vendors currently listing Resurrection as shipping in a short number of days. There is also a vendor via half.com listing it as available to ship.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 12 Apr 2005 17:19:37
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  19:02:13  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

There are no others and undead drow will rule the world!

Oh really? I dont think so.............

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  06:19:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, but then I didn't order from Amazon. Sirius has the point anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

No, Amazon is just being Amazon. They will get the book in due time, just not as fast as the other online vendors. As I mentioned in this thread, there are two major online vendors currently listing Resurrection as shipping in a short number of days. There is also a vendor via half.com listing it as available to ship.
I've also noted a few British online vendors listing the novel as in-store by April 15th. One is already listing it as available, but upon further poking around, I've now realised that the listing is merely a place holder which contains no relevant information for the novel as yet.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Apr 2005 06:20:35
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  12:28:11  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Amazon has it listed as 1-2 days

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  12:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon has it in stock...think they'll ship it BEFORE May 10th? I'm just so anticipating this book so sorry if I seem annoying
Go to Top of Page

Taliferno
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  13:31:14  Show Profile  Visit Taliferno's Homepage Send Taliferno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pfft, the only reason I ordered from Amazon was that the last realms book I preordered from there, the Lone Drow, came to me a week earlier before anyone else got it. I was hoping it would be the same again, but I guess not.

Amazon.com now says orders are dispatched within 24 hours
Amazon.co.uk still says end of may

Edited by - Taliferno on 13 Apr 2005 13:38:05
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  14:52:19  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Amazon has it listed as 1-2 days

That's the fastest I've ever seen Amazon get a WOTC book although it's still behind their two main competitors. Thanks for the update.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  09:36:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've also noted a few British online vendors listing the novel as in-store by April 15th. One is already listing it as available, but upon further poking around, I've now realised that the listing is merely a place holder which contains no relevant information for the novel as yet.

Excellent!!! I'll be sure to check out my FLGS at the weekend!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  11:38:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If UPS is to be believed (ha ha), I'll have my copy this afternoon.
Go to Top of Page

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  11:59:59  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Amazon screws everyone over.

Tip of the Month: don't drink the dirty water. You know what i'm talking about if you know what i mean.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  12:27:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordAnki
Amazon screws everyone over.

Not this time apparently. And I hope this faster availability of Realms products at Amazon continues with Realms of Dragons II and Champions of Ruin.
Go to Top of Page

Taliferno
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  15:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Taliferno's Homepage Send Taliferno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As a matter of interest, do you have the names of these British vendors? I'm thinking of cancelling my amazon order, as it looks as if it could take a couple of weeks for them to get it.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  19:41:53  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only time I preorder anything from amazon anymore is when I have a gift certificate or coupon. It's irritating to see books in stock and out at Waldon and Borders, but for whatever reason, not at my doorstep from Amazon.

Now for stuff already out, no problem going to amazon. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  20:38:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Taliferno
As a matter of interest, do you have the names of these British vendors? I'm thinking of cancelling my amazon order, as it looks as if it could take a couple of weeks for them to get it.

Blackwell's UK online site is listing the title as dispatched in 3-9 days.
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  22:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy just arrived a few minutes ago. I will have some intense reading this weekend after my exam tomorrow. Boy I don't think I have looked forward to a book like this in years. I'll have a full report as soon as I finish.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  18:33:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the local Barnes, Waldens, nor Mediplay have this book yet. :( Kuje depressed.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  18:38:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Well the local Barnes, Waldens, nor Mediplay have this book yet. :( Kuje depressed.

I'll bet they had plenty of order forms for you to order the next HP novel.

Sales Associate: "That's novel is not in yet sir. But, would you like to reserve a copy now for Harry Potter and the Cheerleader Orgy?"

Kuje31: "No! I deal with an idiot from that series online on a daily basis."
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  18:45:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sales Associate: "That's novel is not in yet sir. But, would you like to reserve a copy now for Harry Potter and the Cheerleader Orgy?"

HAHAHAH. :) Course they have order forms for HP, they've had them since christmas! GRRRRRRRRR.

Barnes said, "It's on it's way, but we don't know when we'll get it. Just keep checking back or call us repeatedly."

Wellllllllllll thanks. Mumbles some words that can't be repeated here. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 15 Apr 2005 18:46:19
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  23:03:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

And I shall refrain from commenting on the name of that book.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  23:06:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
And I shall refrain from commenting on the name of that book.

What's wrong with that title? Isn't that what the next one in the series is called?

Has anyone as of yet actually seen Resurrection in an actual store rather than just online?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  15:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Has anyone as of yet actually seen Resurrection in an actual store rather than just online?

Well met

Alas not (in the UK anyway) Upon venturing from the confines of Candlekeep, I merely returned with Lords of Madness and Dragon magazine. After enquiring as to the whereabouts of Resurrection, I was informed that it was not even listed in next weeks shipment

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  16:05:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
After enquiring as to the whereabouts of Resurrection, I was informed that it was not even listed in next weeks shipment

Sorry to hear that Alaundo. Although I didn't realize my inept Barnes & Noble store where I lived had opened up a branch in your neighborhood.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  21:15:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally found a copy! CHEERS! Of course I went to Waldens and Barnes & Noble. Neither had it. Good ole Mediplay did though. :) So much for the "book" stores having, you know, books!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  21:48:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I finally found a copy! CHEERS! Of course I went to Waldens and Barnes & Noble. Neither had it. Good ole Mediplay did though. :) So much for the "book" stores having, you know, books!

Books stores have books? Crazy talk....

I hope you enjoy the novel.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  22:40:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Books stores have books? Crazy talk....

I hope you enjoy the novel.

Yeah who woulda thought, they might actually have books!

But ATM I gotta finish my 3 spelljammer novels and then I guess I'll reread and read book 1 through 6 of the spider queen.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  09:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

For those who have been chomping at the bit over in the UK, I managed to pick up Resurrection, at last.... not from my FLGS I might add, but from Waterstones book store chain.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic