Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Llacerellyn of Eric L. Boyd's DdUGttUD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  14:55:09  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Vendui!

More recently I stumbled over the named city / place / settlement on the map of Drizzt do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. It did not get an entry in the book though and was mentioned in WotSQ V as being a drow city. Yet, it has not appeared on any map before, nor in any list of the drow cities of Faerūn (e.g., The Drow of the Underdark). Can anyone shed any more light on this place?

Aluve, Zanan!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  15:34:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Vendui!

More recently I stumbled over the named city / place / settlement on the map of Drizzt do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. It did not get an entry in the book though and was mentioned in WotSQ V as being a drow city. Yet, it has not appeared on any map before, nor in any list of the drow cities of Faerūn (e.g., The Drow of the Underdark). Can anyone shed any more light on this place?

Aluve, Zanan!

Zanan,

You might want to take a look at this thread. I found the thread using the search function and it features Eric L. Boyd mentioning this city.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  20:38:18  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  19:56:40  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The link SiriusBlack posted is broken and Google isn't any help in finding out where it used to lead. Can anybody help me?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  20:06:21  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A search with the internet time machine gives this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040524185952/http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2301

The link doesn't work, but you can copy the url and paste it in your browser's search bar.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 18 May 2015 20:08:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  20:09:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's been at least one change to the forums in the years since that post. Use this link.

It's described on page 2 as "Llacerellyn (illithids, Middle Underdark)"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 18 May 2015 20:14:33
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  20:12:21  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just have to say I love that thread. So much good stuff on the Underdark.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2015 :  20:26:42  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
found the thread! thanks!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 18 May 2015 20:27:07
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2020 :  22:48:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update to that thread as it 404'ed me:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2301&whichpage=5

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page