Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 glass ruins in Cormyr´s Vast Swamp ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  10:44:51  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
when browsing through demihuman deities, i stumbled over an interesting reference:

pg. 117

Labelas has also been venerated in other guises at various places and times in history. When the Sy-Tel'Quessir settled the Yuirwood, the Seldarine merged with the ancient gods of the Yuir, transforming them into aspects of the various powers of the elven pantheon. The Simbul was the Yuir goddess of the moment of choice, the edge, the space between the now and the future, what is and is not, the power of balance embodied in the point of decision where fate is determined intuitively without reason or knowledge. When the Seldarine and the Yuir elven deities merged, the Simbul had to chose between Labelas Enoreth (the Seldarine power of time and philosophy) and Erevan Ilesere (the elven god of change) to ally with, and eventually she became an aspect of Labelas and then faded into near oblivion. Even the Cha-Tel'Quessir of the Yuirwood have long forgotten this goddess, and the Simbul, Queen of Aglarond, only discovered the divine ancestry of her name in the Year of the Banner (1368 DR). Likewise, along forgotten-aspect of Labelas, known as Chronos, Karonis, or Kronus, was worshiped centuries ago in the tiny realm of Orva, now sunk beneath the waters of the Vast Swamp of eastern Cormyr.

it is the only "canonical" mentioning of Orva i´ve seen thus far, apart from a (non-canon) writeup on the realms list (1). in my opinion, the glassy ruins that were mentioned somewhere (couldn´t find this reference in volos guide to cormyr so i think it was somewhere in elminsters ecologies, but i might be wrong) could/should be attributed to Orva, but i´d check for other references first before linking the two.

what other references about Orva, the vast swamp and the glassy ruins are you aware of?

(1) http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9904D&L=realms-l&P=R5307

tauster

Edited by - tauster on 28 Mar 2005 10:46:43

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  12:20:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that they were mentioned in Elminster's Ecologies, but it was only a line or two.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  18:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "glass ruins" you recall are found in the Farsea and Tun Marshes just on the other side of the Storm Horns. These are the remnants of one or more unidentified civilizations. See FRCS3E, page 111.

Orva's ruins are partly detailed in the 2nd Edition adventure Four from Cormyr. Orva fell around -725 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Lashan
Learned Scribe

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  23:46:43  Show Profile  Visit Lashan's Homepage Send Lashan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I 2nd Wooly's rememberance of the Elminster's Ecology
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000