Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 One year!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2005 :  00:23:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, by Candlekeep time, it's now March 11th. That means it's been one year since I first came over here... Since then, I've been occasionally helpful, usually friendly, and most often making mischief... I even started the trend of referring to this site's head honcho as "Big Al."

It's been a good year. I hope the next one will be even better.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2005 :  01:16:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... I'm starting to think that Furry Hamsters have a penchant for celebrating every little thing that comes up... . I mean, I've been visiting these halls since September 2002 and you don't see me crying out and making some proclamation of that fact... .

Seriously though, we're that much richer for having you around Wooly, and times here at Candlekeep couldn't be more enjoyable. We hope you are here for the long haul, because darkness will fall over the library here at Candlekeep the day you decide to leave and take your mischievous ways with you.

This is for you bud!

::raises goblet in tribute to the ways and style of the Hamster we know as Wooly Rupert::

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6652 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2005 :  04:46:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh Wooly, you make the majority of trips to Candlekeep a delight - for witty banter is usually a welcome counterpoint to the serious discourses on the Realms that we engage in. Thanks for increasing the use of the emoticon, beyond all comprehension.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2005 :  09:43:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Well, by Candlekeep time, it's now March 11th. That means it's been one year since I first came over here... Since then, I've been occasionally helpful, usually friendly, and most often making mischief... I even started the trend of referring to this site's head honcho as "Big Al."

Well met

::sigh:: A year? Is that all? My oh my, it feels more like ten years

Indeed, a pleasure to have ye with us, Wooly.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2005 :  10:15:07  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised you survived so long, Wooly. All thouse beatings from Alaundo's Staff of the Irritated Moderator should have left you as a bloody pulp

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2005 :  11:48:42  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy birthday Wooly

It's been a pleasure to share with you the little time i've been here, (and perhaps i'll try to not leave). Congratulations Big Hamster!!!!

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 12 Mar 2005 11:52:03
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  00:59:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do hamsters have to wear robes as well? Where do you find a tailor that can work with such an odd shaped body? And is wool still itchy if you wear it over fur?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  03:28:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought about marking my two-year aniversary, but I thought I'd just let it go.

Certain furry scribes, of course, like to make splashes.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  08:38:03  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Now I remember why I've been gone for about a year...

Seriously, I'm glad to see you're still here, Wooly Rupert.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  03:25:52  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A year... is that all? Now we all know hamsters like to party and get excited over minute things (ie the hamster doing the bum dance on a Video Ezy adv), but more importantly... Where's my slice of cake?

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000