Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 64

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  19:54:15  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Apparently, Lilly is to portray Tauriel in the upcoming Desolation of Smaug. A character created by Jackson, but I guess that their highly paid cast agents agree with you.

From what I understand, Myrin is a quata (that's how we say it in MA) drow. Why the blue hair?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 24 Nov 2013 19:56:59
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  20:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Interesting. Apparently, Lilly is to portray Tauriel in the upcoming Desolation of Smaug. A character created by Jackson, but I guess that their highly paid cast agents agree with you.
Indeed. Though honestly, she'd probably make a better Arilyn, IMO.

quote:
From what I understand, Myrin is a quata (that's how we say it in MA) drow. Why the blue hair?
It's a magical effect linked to her own unique power source and extensive magical experimentation. To be more specific can easily cross into spoiler/NDA territory.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  20:09:53  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blackcloak, Changecloak. So many questions I know you won't answer.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  20:51:35  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Blackcloak, Changecloak. So many questions I know you won't answer.

But many that I *would* answer, though it'd be cheating to tell you the questions.

Here's a freebie, though: "Yes, Halaster is involved in some way with Myrin's past." For more on that, you might want to refer to the very first D&D Encounters adventure.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  00:12:41  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already "knew" that. Kire revealed it in one of Myrins visions.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Master of Realmslore

1964 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  18:50:22  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So with Mystra's return and if all the spellscars get healed, is what's his name going to finally emerge out of Twilight's shadow....( I really need to read Eye of Justice...... )

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  19:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

So with Mystra's return and if all the spellscars get healed, is what's his name going to finally emerge out of Twilight's shadow....( I really need to read Eye of Justice...... )

Who knows? My story hasn't caught up with the Sundering. Also, I rather doubt all the spellscars will be healed.

And yes, you really do need to read EOJ.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Master of Realmslore

1964 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  06:20:59  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
come on... you wouldnt leave her in that kind of misery would you?????

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  06:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

come on... you wouldnt leave her in that kind of misery would you?????
What misery do you mean, exactly? Does Myrin strike you as someone who suffers from her spellscar?

Not saying she does or doesn't--I'm just curious if that's what you mean.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Master of Realmslore

1964 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  07:15:59  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fox not being able to touch a living soul misery.... without burning them

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  07:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see what (who) you meant.

It's really up to WOTC. Otherwise yeah, status quo.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

astolfo
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2013 :  01:47:36  Show Profile Send astolfo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick thank you for all your work on the realms and staying engaged with fans.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2013 :  03:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome! I do what I can. WOTC is a pretty closed shop at the moment, and not being an employee, I don't really have that much going on in the realms right now, other than that I love it.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1000 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  00:59:51  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

quote:
It's a magical effect linked to her own unique power source and extensive magical experimentation. To be more specific can easily cross into spoiler/NDA territory.

I actually though that Tauriel felt more like a Realmsian Elf then Tolkien Elf. And she was by far my favourite character in the whole Movie, Tolkien Purest be damned ;p

Tolkien's writing tends to be very dry so it needed someone like her.

Anyways so far it seems like the Sundering will have alot of major effects on your characters, from the return of the weave changing how magic works, to whole regions being returned to Abier and from Abier back to Toril, the return of Gods like Helm, all these new chosen, and who knows what's to come.

When things go back to normal, I'm assuming they will after the Sundering series and 5e releases, are you looking forward to the adapting your characters to the changes?

Cheers

Edited by - Gyor on 01 Jan 2014 01:11:53
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  02:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

quote:

I'm fine with that.

quote:
Anyways so far it seems like the Sundering will have alot of major effects on your characters, from the return of the weave changing how magic works, to whole regions being returned to Abier and from Abier back to Toril, the return of Gods like Helm, all these new chosen, and who knows what's to come.

When things go back to normal, I'm assuming they will after the Sundering series and 5e releases, are you looking forward to the adapting your characters to the changes?

I'm not sure what you mean by "normal," as WOTC has made no indication it intends to publish a campaign setting, let alone novels by one of their medium-rank authors like me, but if it happens, then yes, I look forward to it. And I already have plans.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  22:44:54  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where can I find a copy of the short "A New Purpose" other than the Shadowbane ebook, Erik? I've taken up your works again in the hopes of unraveling some of your secrets.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 01 Jan 2014 22:47:34
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  23:25:45  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's out there in any other form, alas. Do you not have the book?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  01:39:26  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No longer. Unfortunately. I will get it again. In the meantime, who or what is N'tanathil?

Edit: nvm

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 02 Jan 2014 01:42:20
Go to Top of Page

Dudka
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  16:15:25  Show Profile Send Dudka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

I have a question from Downshadow. I might have missed something but...

When Fayne and Myrin kiss, Myrin is able to look through Fayne's eyes when her mother was murdered and she saw herself at the scene as well. What was she doing there? Or, did I simply not understand.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  00:42:17  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question: In EoJ FaT is dubbed "moonflower" does this imply a relation to the royal family of Evermeet?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  07:19:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dudka

When Fayne and Myrin kiss, Myrin is able to look through Fayne's eyes when her mother was murdered and she saw herself at the scene as well. What was she doing there? Or, did I simply not understand?
Nope, you understood, and that's exactly what happened. Myrin appears to have been there at the time as well. What she was doing there or why has yet to be revealed. Great question.

quote:

Question: In EoJ FaT is dubbed "moonflower" does this imply a relation to the royal family of Evermeet?
Where are you finding that reference? I'm trying to look up the context.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  21:46:07  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, Erik, the search option on my Kindle isn't finding it in EoJ or DoM. Maybe it was in one of your short stories. I'll endeavour to locate it 'cause I'm curious now. I was sure it was EoJ. I want to say 'twas either Kire or Lilten that made the comment.

Edit: Alas, I seem to be unable to access your webpage atm. Your server keeps timing out.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 11 Jan 2014 22:00:25
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  23:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Website works ok for me. Try again?

I'd take anything Kirenkirsalai or Lilianviaten say with a boulder of salt. One of them is a unscrupulous immortal villain, and the other is a vampire.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  23:39:41  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I finally made it to your page, Erik, but Illira doesn't feature in any of your shorts there (that I could find). I'll keep an eye out for it next time I read EoJ. Here's another one for you though. Are Kire's powers over shadow because of his Shadowdancer training or is he some kind of variant vamp (Dragon 348)? Also, I'd like to know more of the shadowy rapier he wears that has been mentioned several times now.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 11 Jan 2014 23:41:22
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  23:46:30  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I suppose if you're not gonna spill the beans on Neveren, you're not going to for him either.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 64 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000