Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  06:31:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I left it vague a little on purpose, but SFD is on the right track.

Cheers

Now you've got me eager to peruse the sporadic sources we have on monkish order Realmslore!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  06:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There will be more in EYE OF JUSTICE, no doubt.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  15:06:50  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

he's a dark moon or he was...... eaither that or Long Death....

Dark moon. Long Death was more of a God of Death order.

Erik will there be extra material in your next ebook? For example, a map of Westgate.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  15:43:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Erik will there be extra material in your next ebook? For example, a map of Westgate.
Your guess is as good as mine. I'll send an email, though!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  21:17:01  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

( creepy dwarven voice}Something you need??(creepy dwarven voice)
Long death was not death god, they worshiped death itself and as such wished to send all life into the void....

and shar's dark moon well its Shar no explainations needed

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  21:17:51  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ws the guy ot department to email asking to have shadowbane novels printed as omnibus ERik???

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  23:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have a name for you. The best I can do, SFD, is to recommend advocating for it on wotc's site, on Facebook, twitter, etc.

You can send me an email to forward to the book department, if you like.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2012 :  15:51:48  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

( creepy dwarven voice}Something you need??(creepy dwarven voice)
Long death was not death god, they worshiped death itself and as such wished to send all life into the void....

and shar's dark moon well its Shar no explainations needed

Well they had worshipers who followed the darker death gods. The monks wanted to understand the nature of death and how it affected living tissue.(PGtF pg.65) They didn't wish to send all life to the void. They just didn't care what happened afterwards. I keep thinking there is another source that mentions Kelevmor trying to convert them.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  00:32:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Erik, I just wanted to make sure I gave you a proper thank you for all you did with the Candlekeep seminar. 4.5 hours, that for us in the audience felt went by too fast! Also glad I had the chance to slip to the front and have you sign a bookmark. I wanted to introduce myself as who I am on here, but just didn't have the heart to give you another reason to stay even later!

You did a great job doing all you could get away with, since the keynote was still going on. maybe next year I will get a chance to by you a beer or three that you have more than earned.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  02:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I recognized you, TRW. We've met before. Were you the goodsir sitting next to Ben the Tree?

And I got to sleep around 3:30 am that night. Not your fault by any means.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

tim3kgt
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  04:38:17  Show Profile Send tim3kgt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,
Thanks for the great roundtable @ the Candlekeep seminar. Had a great time and was in awe of the FR / TSR / DnD panel of great-ones! I also appreciate you guys /gals passing around my Charon's Claw book and giving it a +5 status! It is truly a treasure now...only missing Bob's autograph. If you ever come through Phoenix there is an Everfull-Mug with your name on it!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  05:11:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I recognized you, TRW. We've met before. Were you the goodsir sitting next to Ben the Tree?

And I got to sleep around 3:30 am that night. Not your fault by any means.

Cheers

I didn't know he was a tree , but I was sitting by Benjamin. Nice guy, met him waiting to get in. Small world, since he works just up the street from the plaza.

And good memory, we did meet a few years back at an Ed Spin a Yarn. Another reason I didn't want to keep you later and possibly deny a chance for someone wo hasn't met you.

And can't wait to devour EOJ as soon as it is available.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  05:48:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh man, I missed a golden opportunity to ask some decision makers about getting
Fox among the Uthgardt and those others chapbooks available somewhere!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  06:31:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I hope to take care of that myself, though I'd welcome the echoing request. Mention it on the WotC boards? Here at the keep?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  00:05:19  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I hope to take care of that myself, though I'd welcome the echoing request. Mention it on the WotC boards? Here at the keep?

Cheers

Great idea! I just wish I was a bit more eloquent and convincing. But at least I can let the PTB I'd appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  03:07:54  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, when do we get to see more, a lot more of the world of Ruin?

Just finished your short in When The Villain Comes Home....I was looking forward to seeing Lea in the future have to live with her guilt and Wham! ....I should have seen it coming, but I was to busy trying to soak In Every detail for future reference when reading more of this world. But I'm even more curious to see what the future cold hold for Mask....interesting guy there ya got.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  04:01:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've made a commitment to myself that I'm either selling the novel to a publisher or self-publishing the first World of Ruin novel within the next year. So I hope by GenCon 2013.

And I wouldn't give up hope of seeing Lea again.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  04:42:10  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've made a commitment to myself that I'm either selling the novel to a publisher or self-publishing the first World of Ruin novel within the next year. So I hope by GenCon 2013.

And I wouldn't give up hope of seeing Lea again.

Cheers

Well I've got ten bucks and a spot opening soon in my reading schedule

But I 'spose I can be patient since EOJ is near.

Edited by - The Red Walker on 27 Aug 2012 04:42:36
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  16:53:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sample chapter (really the prologue and chapter 1) is up for free at the WotC site:

Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, prologue and chapter 1

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  18:25:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sample chapter (really the prologue and chapter 1) is up for free at the WotC site:

Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, prologue and chapter 1

Cheers

Sep 4th has never seemed so far away until after reading that!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 29 Aug 2012 18:25:36
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  15:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A short story that ties in with Shadowbane: Eye of Justice has now been posted for your reading pleasure:

http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfic/shadowbane

This is a companion story in my tradition of writing companion stories for all my novels, so don't worry about spoilers. You can read it before, after, or during the novel, and the time you pick will just subtly alter the information you get from it.

Chronologically, it happens between the prologue and the bulk of the novel--7 years after the prologue, 3 years before the novel itself.

It introduces a character (Levia Shadewalker) who is also introduced in the prologue of the novel, and mentions several people who show up there as well (particularly the organization of the Eye of Justice).

And it features an appearance by Cellica, Kalen's adopted sister, who hasn't been seen since Downshadow!

And it's completely free. No DDI subscription required!

What are you waiting for? Go read it!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2012 :  16:40:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A short story that ties in with Shadowbane: Eye of Justice has now been posted for your reading pleasure:

http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfic/shadowbane

This is a companion story in my tradition of writing companion stories for all my novels, so don't worry about spoilers. You can read it before, after, or during the novel, and the time you pick will just subtly alter the information you get from it.

Chronologically, it happens between the prologue and the bulk of the novel--7 years after the prologue, 3 years before the novel itself.

It introduces a character (Levia Shadewalker) who is also introduced in the prologue of the novel, and mentions several people who show up there as well (particularly the organization of the Eye of Justice).

And it features an appearance by Cellica, Kalen's adopted sister, who hasn't been seen since Downshadow!

And it's completely free. No DDI subscription required!

What are you waiting for? Go read it!

Cheers

Got it...downloaded and saved...but I can't make myself put EOJ down to read it! Nice shoutout from GT to start part II, was sweet finding that nugget(I find that bit where Old Man Tay get beatdown great reading)

I saw the date.....and started a few lines...but I really dont want to distract my already hard to focus mind from the novel. Glad to hear his sister makes an appearance!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 06 Sep 2012 16:42:34
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  15:41:22  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Proper Villains - Chapter 1, Erik's first foray into the world of Golarion! Here's to hoping that this means there is a full-length novel in the future!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  19:17:45  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Proper Villains - Chapter 1, Erik's first foray into the world of Golarion! Here's to hoping that this means there is a full-length novel in the future!

Nice

Fat Gorm! Ha! What a name for a Dwarff.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  20:26:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This story has a very promising start! Can't wait for next week!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  20:29:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you enjoyed!

This is part 1 of 4. Stuff really gets out of hand later on.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  20:45:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Glad you enjoyed!

This is part 1 of 4. Stuff really gets out of hand later on.

Cheers

Good ,I hope those weapons make another appearance and those bracers were cool too.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  03:06:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Erik's working on GOLARION fiction?

What awesome news to start my Friday with. And I'll have something new to read at lunchtime.

Neato!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Oct 2012 03:07:05
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  04:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Le gasp!

Yes indeed. WotC hasn't contracted me for another book, so ...

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  17:05:24  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Le gasp!

Yes indeed. WotC hasn't contracted me for another book, so ...

Cheers

Darn.....it seems maybe the whole novel line is pausing until the Sundering gets rolling?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000